Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 AM   #31  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

My 89 year old grandpa made a comment about my weight loss. I see him at least twice a month, but on Friday when I first walked in he just stared at me. Then he blurts out "Wow. Just how much have you lost?" So I told him, and he told me that I look really good, and he's proud of me for working so hard. It's fun to get a comment from him. He's not the most observant person. Then as I got ready to leave, he told me how proud he was of me again. It totally made my night!!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:57 AM   #32  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Crazynette, that's a great NSV! My grandpa has always been the one family member really critical of my weight. Those kinds of compliments would be great from him, I hope he's proud of me when I meet my goals.

Congrats!!
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 252/210/145

Height: 5' 4"

So... We've been at the lake. We live on a lake road and they are all windy and hilly and I really didn't know how I was going to walk because I'm not just huge on hills yet. So DH says, "do ya wanna walk with me?" and I go DOWN this hugemongous hill thinking the whole time I'll never get back up. Nope. No way. He'll have to get the truck.

So -the first morning I walk up the big bad hill. The second morning, I walk up the big bad hill. The third morning, I RUN up the big bad hill. Not the whole way, but most of the way! We're going back to the lake in a couple of days and by the end of the stay I'm going to be running all the way up the big bad hill!
traci in training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:22 PM   #34  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I have a great NSV, and it feels great. A few months ago ( 20 lbs ago or so) we went to a mountain, and I couldn't get up without stopping every few minutes( uphill is extremly steep), today I went with some friends to the same place, was able to walk to a waterfall( last time I stayed back and watch my husband go under it, this time I went under it ), and on the uphill, I was able to walk ahead with the kids, while my husband and the other couple stayed behind resting more often. I am really proud of myself, a few months ago I really had to stop, sit and rest, today we rested some, but soon kept on going. My goal next time I go there is to go up with no rest .

cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:49 AM   #35  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I had a NSV at work tonight: The restaurant I work at makes the absolute best chili-cheese fries I've ever tasted. They use real cheddar and fresh green chile on our homemade fries... they are ridiculously good. Anyway, my NSV is that my manager bought the waitstaff an order tonight and I didn't have a single one. One wouldn't have hurt anything but I know this is a food I can't stop eating at just one. I feel so good that I just said no instead of possibly triggering a binge!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:44 AM   #36  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Great ones, everybody!!!

Tonight I saw some friends I haven't seen in a while. One guy said to me, "Wow, have you lost weight? You look great!" Another guy said, "You look fantastic!"

I don't mean this to sound bad, but I felt really pretty tonight for the first time in more years that I can remember. I glanced in the rearview mirror on the way home and surprised myself. I don't know what I was expecting to see, but it wasn't someone who looked pretty even after a sweaty evening at the ballpark.

What a great feeling and the coolest part of all is that it's only going to get better from here!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #37  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I went on a date, and didn't feel totally self conscious about myself or my weight!!!! I even think I looked pretty good. It was fun! Don't think it will go anywhere, but it was the first time I've gone on a date and didn't feel like a total whale!! I was able to just relax and have fun!
crazynette826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:19 AM   #38  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just remembered something hilarious (to me) from work tonight that I'm counting as a NSV. When most people meet me they guess I'm right around 30 years old. I think it has mostly to do with the fact that I've been married for 5 years and I also think the extra weight has made me look older. (I'm 23, FYI.) Well, I had a customer tonight mention something to the effect of it "being great to be 16, like you..." HAHAHA!! She actually thought I was 16!! Her eyes got round as saucers when I told her how old I was. It made me feel so good for someone to guess my age younger rather than older.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 275/137/140

Height: 5'7"

Yay! Great NSVs everyone!

Mine is from yesterday - I have a good friend with whom I've gone on a number of hiking trips over the years, and in the past, she has always been leading the way, and I feel like I'm holding her back (not to mention the fact that I've always been way more out of breath than her at the top of every hill). Well, we went to a state park yesterday, and for the first time, I felt like we were moving along at a pace that we were both comfortable with, and I was not struggling to keep up at all. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt!
WindyCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I went round to a friend from works house on friday with another friend from work.

Ecstatic because I have zero social life - had a really good time. Also ate pizza and chocolate cupcakes - yeah I went 'off plan' in the fact it wasn't 'healthy' (although I had my normal breakfast/lunch) but it was all part of the plan (if you catch my drift) because I knew I'd be eating junk. The NSV bit is the fact that I didn't eat myself into oblivion - one piece of pizza, two cupcakes and I was done - SO happy with that!
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #41  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Went into Wal-Mart looking like trash (Baggy clothes, frazzled hair, no makeup)...Saw one of my friends and she gasps and says "You look great! What have you been doing!" LOL. She is also trying to lose weight on Weight Watchers, so maybe she can become a weight loss buddy
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:18 AM   #42  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

WOW!! Church this weekend was extra special! I had 3 people surround me at the beginning of the service declaring how great I am looking and wanted to know just what was I doing.... Then, after church a lady came to me and said "I just wanted you to know you were being talked about today at the baby shower." (I wasn't able to attend) She said everyone was asking if anyone knew what I was doing to be getting so skinny! I don't consider myself anywhere NEAR skinny, but it was encouraging to know that I really truly am making it this time and that it is showing. I was actually embarrased about it, because I don't like to be in the spotlight at all, but it is encouraging to know that my efforts are making a difference and I don't look like an inflated human balloon anymore.

One more: Today is measuring day. I have lost a total of 39.5 inches!!

Last edited by RitzyFritz; 08-06-2007 at 08:34 AM.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:34 AM   #43  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

During my breaks at work, I will take a walk around the building. At the cigarette store, the guy who runs it used to be an old regular customer of mine when I worked for a gas station back in 93-96. He also lives nearby me. Whenever I walk by, he is talking to someone, so I just keep on going (I don't have time to yap, I only have 15 mins). Anyways, he stopped me the other day and asked, "Steven? Is that you??" I said it was indeed me, he mentioned, "you have lost weight!". I said I lost a few pounds, 245 to be a little exact. Since it was in a short time, he asked if it was because of the 'surgery'. I proudly proclaimed that I did it the right way by diet and exercise.

The moral of the story is, for me at least, is that people are no longer recognizing me. Which is good, because there are a few people that I don't want them to know it's me!
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #44  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale02 View Post
I just remembered something hilarious (to me) from work tonight that I'm counting as a NSV. When most people meet me they guess I'm right around 30 years old. I think it has mostly to do with the fact that I've been married for 5 years and I also think the extra weight has made me look older. (I'm 23, FYI.) Well, I had a customer tonight mention something to the effect of it "being great to be 16, like you..." HAHAHA!! She actually thought I was 16!! Her eyes got round as saucers when I told her how old I was. It made me feel so good for someone to guess my age younger rather than older.
Until you mentioned this, I never even thought about it. I have had people say the same thing to me the past few months. Weird. Maybe after losing another 65lbs, I can look like I'm fresh out of high school? Not bad for a 35yr old
FresnoBeeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

So here it was my weekend away.
I was able to refuse: subway tuna sandwich, 2 offers of specialty coffees (like mocha's and such), 2 offers of desert at those coffe places, rice with my kabob, and get spinach salad with lamp as opposed to lamp with rice.
Funny even the guy I was with, he said that he would rather have my salad with lamp then his dinner, because it was actually yummy.
I went to the specialty foods store, where I like so many things and they are much cheaper then here in SF, yet I got only 2 healthy items.
I walked for 2 hrs, with stops because it was hot, but was not ehausted.
I held and did not eat at the cafe, just got a bottle of water.
---The most important thing it was NOT hard at all. I did not feel like I was missing out on anything---

p.s. I got a non-fat tall latte at the coffee shop...and drank only a few sips, may be 3oz in total.
p.s.s. On a second day, instead of cofee I chose iced tea with berries, non-sweet!
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote