Old 02-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #61  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

What's going on here, am I the only one around here who eats dinner? Just kidding.

Tonight will be a stir fry with onions, red pepper, tons of mushrooms, broccoli and chicken breast. I use chicken broth as my base with lots of garlic and some ginger and crushed red pepper. Very tasty.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

You're not alone, I am here too! We had Chipotle - I eat 1/2 of a chicken burrito (no sourcream) A whole one the way I get them is 1200 calories, so 1/2 of it is my 600 calorie dinner. We get them once every 2 weeks or so - and I am a happy camper.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Tonight was chicken cooked on the foreman, baked sweet potatoe (1/2), and steamed asparagus. it was yummy!
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 10:48 PM   #64  

My husband worked late, which used to make me eat junk with the kids -- so since we didn't I must be getting the hang of this!!

Made "quick fettuccine cacciatore"
chopped up chicken breast
green pepper strips, mushrooms
diced tomatoes
lite italian dressing
chopped basil leaves
fettuccine
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #65  

I roasted a turkey for us to have this week! So tonight it will be turkey breast, coucous, brussel sprouts, and salad.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:48 AM   #66  
3 + years maintaining

Sounds yummy Mrs. Quadcrew. I love, love, love brussel sprouts.

I am making one of my usual meals. It's gonna be spaghetti squash, browned onions and bite-sized chicken breast and some tomato sauce and spices. All mixed together. I'm really looking forward to it. I think I like food too much. Duh.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #67  

crab cakes, lobster bisque, and salad for Valentine's dinner (I made the broth and will use light milk and cream..not great calories wise, but better than it could be! )
healthytoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM   #68  
hara hachi bu

I found a cajun-shrimp stuffed peppers recipe online and made it the other day. I substituted wheat germ and ground flaxseed for half the breadcrumbs topping, used red, green, and yellow peppers, used wild and brown rice instead of white, egg beaters instead of egg. It turned out divine.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 07:46 AM   #69  
3 + years maintaining

Tonight will be fresh salmon, baked with spices and topped with a sliced broiled tomato. With roasted asparagus (my new favorite veggie) and garlic. Yum.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:17 AM   #70  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Dinner tonight is leftovers.

Chicken breast (1/2 breast) with brown rice, broccoli and black bean.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:30 AM   #71  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Hi girls!!! I know I should read the ENTIRE thread before replying (I'm up to page 2) but I am curious about all this stir fry! Do you make it in a wok? Do you use oil? How do you use the sauces? I get the different veggies, the chicken, the brown rice (the rice is seperate right?) so mabe that's what I'll make tonight too, I picked up some BEAUTIFUL peppers and onions yesterday. Thanks for any tips!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #72  

I use a large regular skillet - a tiny amount of olive oil, LOTS of fresh cut up vegies - a little meat, a lot of garlic, some lite soy sauce - and brown rice cooked seperately - my FAVORITE meals!!

I first cook the meat, then remove it and set it aside, then I cook the onions and garlic, remove that from the skillet and throw that on the meat, then cook the vegies (hardest ones go in first) - and toss it all back in the skillet together - add some soy sauce and mix it all up then serve over the rice.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:35 AM   #73  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I actually read that you should only use a wok if you have an oven built for one, which hardly anyone does One of the best pants for stir frying is a deep skillet. I've made stir fry's before and if you are using a nonstick pan, then you don't need any oil. When I make my stir frys, I use a little low sodium soy sauce, maybe some chili sauce and stir fry the meat and veggies together then serve over rice
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #74  
3 + years maintaining

Michelle, is that you?? I'm so excited you're here!!!! Why not pop in here more often? We'd love to have you.

Anyway, my stir fries vary depending on what's in the fridge. I use a large non-stick frying pan. A spray a little Pam and a bit of olive oil, less then a tsp. I always start out with a sliced onion and usually sliced red peppers. I brown those and then add the quicker cooking veggies. Like zuchinni and mushrooms, lots of mushrooms and broccoli. Sometimes I add spinach, green beans, carrots, whatever. I push my veggies off to the side and then add cut up chicken breast, skinless and boneless of course, which I have seasoned with garlic and onion powder. I brown that and then usually add some fresh garlic, some chicken broth and I like crushed red pepper and a little bit of ginger powder and onion powder. Let that simmer for a bit depending on how soft you like your veggies. I like them pretty firm so at that point it's just a couple of minutes. You can add a little soy sauce if you like that flavor instead of the chicken broth or both. Experiment and play around with what YOU like. Yes, the brown rice cooks separately. Pop back in, let us know how it goes.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #75  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

OH that was so fast!!! Thank you! (yep, Robin its me! I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a bit, longtime lurker, increasing poster)

I'll post again tonight or tomorrow and let ya'll know how it goes!

One of my favorite dinners is whole wheat pasta, roasting my own vegetables in the 450 degree oven, topped with the marinara sauce (usually a pretty simple tomato puree or whatnot) sometimes a bit of shredded parm.

I like spaghetti squash too, even the kids eat that.

I can't wait to make pita pizzas either!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote