Old 02-07-2007, 01:39 PM   #46  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Baked pork tenderloin, parmesan couscous, and my signature lemon-garlic green beans -

take a large pan and spray with cooking spray. Add a big bag of green beans, washed and ends removed. Stir w/ spatula until all of the green beans have a little bit of the cooking spray on them, then pour in 1/3 cup chicken broth and cover the pan. Cook until the green beans are barely crisp-tender. Meanwhile, while the green beans cook, mince 2 cloves of garlic and combine with the zest of one lemon, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Remove lid from green beans when they are nearly done, add in the lemon/garlic mixture. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top, toss, and cover until the green beans are cooked how you like them.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:44 PM   #47  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I'm having a chicken breast stir fry tonight with whatever vegetables are left in the fridge. I will be doing my produce shopping tomorrow. So it's onions, red pepper, broccoli, green beans and some spinach. Cooked with tons of fresh garlic, crushed red pepper and some chicken broth.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #48  

Height: 5.6

My hubby cooked tonight (so sweet) we ended up having "fish and chips" - he even made the effort to bake everything. But it was all very good.... he even put together a very nice salad. He was trying to think of something else to put out and I explained to him that everything he was thinking of was carbs, even the veggies and fruits he was suggesting. It was rather sweet and we ended up agreeing on some sliced colby-jack cheese and sliced pepper jack cheese, for the protein value. He definitely gets a gold star for effort!!!
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:21 AM   #49  
3 + years maintaining

Tonight's dinner will be spaghetti squash with fresh tomato sauce and grilled chicken cutlet.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #50  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Today is my son's 2nd birthday. Happy Birthday Elijah!! So it's his favourites - pasta (but for the very first time we are doing whole pasta - so cross your fingers that everyone likes it!) and of course, birthday cake. (it's in the oven as I type.)

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Tonight will be spagetti squash here too. I cooked it off yesterday so all I have to do is reheat it and top it. I am going to saute some fresh mushrooms, zuchini, onion and garlic to top it with. A little cheese on top and a salad too.
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #52  

Height: 5.6

Tonight was roast beef sandwiches.....

I cooked lean roast beef lunch meat, yellow bell peppers, chopped garlic, onions, sea salt and pepper. After it was cooked I used a single slice of provolone cheese, let it melt over the top and put it all on a wheat hoagie roll. It was very very filling......
Penney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #53  
3 + years maintaining

First I gotta tell you about last nights dinner. It came out soooo good. I made my spaghetti squash. Okay. Then in a frying pan I sprayed a bit of Pam and browned a thinly sliced onion. I then browned bite sized pieces of chicken breast which I had seasoned heavily with garlic powder and onion powder. I then added a few tablespoons of jarred fat free marinara sauce, some crushed red pepper and the squash. It was like really, really easy and really, really delicious. Like restaurant quality delicious. Like good enough to serve to company delicious. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Tonight is my usual Friday night fare;

Small bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup
Roasted chicken breast with carrots
Brussel sprouts, cauliflower and green beans cooked in a little chicken broth.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:39 AM   #54  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Mexican Casserole. I get recipes daily from allrecipes.com and had to alter this one to be more healthy, BUT I think it's going to be great.

 1 tablespoon olive oil
 1 large chicken breast
 1-2 (14.5 ounce) cans dice tomatos, no salt added, with juice
 1 bag frozen corn
 8 ounces red kidney beans
 8 ounces black beans
 1 cup cooked brown rice
 1/2 serrano chili <to taste>

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Brown the breast about 5 minutes on each side, shred as it cooks
Remove from skillet and drain oil.
Mix the tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, and chili into the skillet.
Bring liquid to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute, until heated through.
Transfer the tomato mixture to a baking dish. Arrange the shredded chicken breast over the mixture. Bake covered 30 minutes in the preheated oven.

I still haven't decided if I should go get corn tortillas or not, but they're a huge weakness for Matt, so we'll probably pass on them. Also having a salad with loads of spinach and red cabbage.<my kids are on a red cabbage kick, they love that their lips and faces turn purple when they eat it, I don't care why they eat it, as long as they like it >
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:33 PM   #55  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

http://www.smartchicken.com/

tonight we are having spicy roasted tomato chicken sausage - yummy! with mashed potatoes!
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #56  
Bringing SexyBack ;)

S/C/G: 346/271/150

Height: 5'5"

Tonight was pizza (and not the good kind)... One of my favorite foods. The funny thing is, it doesn't taste the same. I honestly enjoyed the grilled chicken salad I had for lunch better than pizza. WOW, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I'm so happy I didn't enjoy it!!!
SexyRevealed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:56 PM   #57  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Tonight I did not feel like cooking at all so I ate 2 very thin whole wheat parthas (chipati, roti...something like a tortilla), canned lentils that I doctored up with seasoning, a romaine hearts w/ caesar vinaigrette
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #58  
3 + years maintaining

Tonight's dinner will be my usual Mondy night fare.

Grilled chicken breasts on a bed of garlic and spinach, topped with a broiled sliced tomato. Probably some green beans as well.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #59  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

I have just 100 calories to play around with for dinner because I have already eaten 1500 today, and it is just 3:30PM!!! I guess I will have a H-U-G-E spinach and lettuce salad with green peppers, onions, tomatoes, and spray salad dressing!!!

The family will be having chicken cooked in thyme, parsley and rosemary with boiled potatoes and a salad.
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM   #60  
3 + years maintaining

Oh please Cheryl, go on and eat the chicken. It's all protein so don't get worried about storing it as fat. If every now and then you have a higher calorie day so be it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Eat the chicken Cheryl. I sure as heck would. It sounds yummy.