YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM   #121  

Welcome Lori! Wow - you lost quite a bit of weight...what method/plan did you use? It's frustrating when you regain but it's good that you are here to take control again. My highest was 345 and I pray to never make it back there. I'm working on a program with my dr. now and I've been able to lose 18.4 pounds officially in 4 weeks. I only weigh in every 2 weeks officially, but I get on my scale at home in between for fun and I've really lost 22-23. But I can't post that officially until the 30th and hopefully it will be more than that. My Christmas goal is to get to 295. I don't even know how many years it has been since I've been there. I know it's been at least 6 years. I can't wait!! This accountability I have found here with my sister and all of these great ladies is amazing and makes all the difference in the world. It reminds me everyday of my goal and they are always here for encouragement when it's going kind of rough.

Carol - I haven't been able to find laughing cow cheese. Sounds yummy, I am going to keep looking for it.

Erin - We all have those non existant exercise times but recognizing it is the time to change it. Get back on the wagon and you'll feel a lot better.

So I'm craving 's I think I might try whole wheat choc. chip cookies made with splenda and brown sugar made out of splenda and sugar free maple syrup. Maybe this weekend or next weekend. We'll see how well I do with the other things. If I make them I have to do my best to freeze them all (except the one or two that I would have) in the garage freezer so I won't get them everyday and munch.

I wish I could and make the weight disappear overnight.

Umm...well I guess that's all. DH is out of town so I'm doing anything I can to keep me busy before bed so I don't eat. It's hard. I need to start quilting again. It's been almost a year since my last one.

G'nite all. I'll check in tomorrow.
Sums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #122  

Good Morning!!!

Well....I gained a pound no surpirse though combine PMS, with a BInge on Tuesday and sketchy eating in between. Must be the week for that, huh, Nikki?

My Moto this week...."Every Bite Counts". I'm not worried about the pound. I am going to focus on my treadmill workouts and not kill myself to get to that 28 point mark. I switched my schedule around so I do the bulk of my cleaning in the morning and exercise at nap time. I used to think I had to exercise at 5 am and clean at nap time. In the end I wasn't doing either. This allows me to sleep in a half an hour and I should be able to get everything done.

I've also made a list of things I need to do to get my house ready to be certified. Only 22 things and some are as simple as outlet covers...b/c I only have like 6 out lets in my whole house most are filled with plugs anyway LOL. Some are bigger things, but stuff we should do anyway. I am going to work on them slowly. It may take me a year or two. By then we should hopefully know what is going on and if my father in law will sell us this house. If not I am packing up and leaving...husband or no husband LOL!

WELCOME LORI!!!!!! You've found a greta group here, we may be small but the support here is HUGE! Great job on your fantastic loss! You inspire me and show me that it is possible. I am sure now that you are back on track you will be able to lose what you regained and keep right on going. With all that exercise you are certainly heading in the right direction!

Erin-I hope that you are able to do your best with what you have while life is getting in your way right now. Sometimes we just can't be perfect, but you know what it takes and you can do what you can. Some effort is better than no effort. When times get tough try to vent that here, or to a friend, or through a walk around the block to clear your mind. Anything to keep you from turning to food. It's about changing ourlives, not just getting thin. So even in times of trouble we need to live it to be it. I hope things get better for you and you are able to come back soon! I will keep you in my thoughts!

It's the start of a brand new week for me and I feel great. My WW meeting was inspiring last night and it really motivated me to do better! Have a great day everyone!

~misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:12 AM   #123  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hey girls sory you cna't find that cheese. But when you do get two cause you'll like it I am pretty sure. Yesterday was a good intake day for me. I also managed to get a walk in at work from one site to the other. Then took the 20 steps in and out of the building insead of the elevator. Some old man was behind me he said I was going to grab the door for you but you walk too fast. I get that all the time. Since last year when I got really serious about my health I sped up a bit. Sometimes others get anjoyed but it burns a few extra calories. Hey thats why God gave me my long legs I figure. Well I made some yummy cuban black bean soup for my daughter last night. She was sick with some flu thing going around. I always get a call for soup!
Then for an evening snack I had light mango yogurt w/ frozen blueberries in it. Not bad and fitted my need for something. Well have a great day everyone!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 08:37 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Welcome Lori-

I am so glad to see you. We have a wonderful support group here.

Misty-It must be that week!!!!

I am going to do my 2nd workout for the week in a bit. You would really think just uping exercise alone would help lose alot.
Ahh well any loss is better then none. I'll post later when I switch my signatures...

love and light
Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 10:34 AM   #125  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Well the house is definately sold and we have only a few weeks to find another house. Luckily my husband's boss has 2 houses and is willing to rent out his other house to us if we can't find anything. He doesn't want us to rush into something just so that we have a place to live. So that takes a bit of anxiety out of it, at least I know we have a place to live regardless. We went and looked at some houses last night in the town where my husband lives and they were such dumps! The money people want for some places. Yikes! I feel like we just gave our house away because it was so much nicer than anything we saw last night.

Anyway there is not much else going on. I started a new job and got off to a bad start, the manager kind of screwed up my schedule but we've got it sorted out. So far so good.

My weight is unchanged, I'm going to hit the gym this afternoon and I'm watching what I'm eating a bit more now. At least I haven't gained back even more!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:21 PM   #126  
Cheese Goddess

Howdies to everyone!
Sums:Hang in there. Some days you just have to slog it out & keep one foot in front of the other. When I first started to exercise, I couldn't walk more than 1/2 a block before my lower back and legs were screaming. Even Richard Simmons videos were a real challenge to me. I had to stop several times to re-group myself. I decided that it doesn't matter how long it takes me, as long as I finished. Part of my problem was that I was diagnosed with a low thyroid, and getting on medication for that really helped alot. I had to sleep practically sitting up, and don't even ask me about restaurant booths or airline seats!! My progress has not been a straight line, but I am commtted to getting there, no matter how long it takes. I want it so much that I can TASTE it!! As long as we stay accountable to ourselves and each other, and make health a MUST instead of a SHOULD, it's just a matter of time & work. I'm on a healthy life-style eating plan, and I have been vegetarian for the last couple of years. I would be in bliss if cheese and ice cream were good for me! I think a key factor for me has been realizing that you have to enjoy the process. Fitness is a journey, NOT a destination. I'm with you though, on wishing the weight would disappear overnight.
Jen:I've been working out like a fiend this week & food journaling on Fitday, and still haven't dropped a pound this week! Even when you know that it's something logical like water weight, it is incredibly frustrating, isn't it? Hope your job goes well the rest of the week.
Nikki:Thank you for your welcome!!
cacmsc:It sounds like you work in exercise all day long! I can't really do that at mine too much, b/c I sit at a desk in the same small office all day long. Other than walking about 20 ft to the bathroom or mailbox, I'm pretty much stuck here. uck. Black bean soup sounds really good to me right now!
Misty:I like your "Every bite counts" philosophy. I do much, much better when I use Fitday. I think that it makes me very conscious about what I am eating. I am always suprised about how much food I normally eat when I DON"T keep track of things!
Last night I did Firm Cardio. I was pretty drenched by the time I got done. Eating good yesterday. I usually have oatmeal and ground flaxseed in the morning, and that seems to keep me on track. One of my BIG weaknesses is Starbucks (venti mocha, non-fat, no whip creme), and I am trying very hard NOT to drink one more than once a week. Even the non-fat version has 270 calories!! I usually have a salad with spinach for lunch, along with a protein shake or a Detour bar (very tasty). Tonight it's FF cot cheese and fresh pineapple.
Hi to everybody else. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!
FormerFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #127  

Good Morning Ladies-

I just finished my 3rd workout for the week. I am finding iit hard to miss a day of working out. Afterwards I feel so energized. Also, I peeked at the scale this morning and I am back down to what I was pre TOM. Hopefully I can get down to 163 by Tuesday.

Hoping everyone's day is going well !

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #128  

Good morning all!

Nikki! You are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Lori-I do WW I also have fitday, but I haven't used it since my laptop broke. I like to compare my WW to calories to make sure I am getting what I need b/c sometimes i think WW is a bit low. FOr example, they are saying now you should get 3 cups of milk a day, WW recommends 2 at least. Well I don't really get in milk or cheese or yogurt. Milk is 2 points per cup of skim that 6 points a day, 1/4 of my ENTIRE day would be milk if I had 3 cups, even 2 would be 1/6. Then cheese I have on occasion, I love cheese but right now it too is not "worth" the points. And I can't eat light yogurt b/c of teh aspartame. So that leave me regular so I am not wasting my points on it, it would cost me 5 points for 8 ounces. But HWn I have time I like to us eteh fitday to see if I am eating balanced...usually it's NO!

Jen-Congrats on the house. It's great you get some time if you need it by renting. I hear ya on the price thing. The Husband sent me a link to a house for sale in the area, not bad but so far out in the sticks it makes my hous e look like Urban. I was looking at some other homes. Not kidding $128,000 for a TRAILER on 2 acres! Not even a double wide with basement a trailer on blocks. I found a house on 18 acres for $99,000, but Josh told me the land is straight up a hill no good for horses. But as SUmmer says the horses can be sold LOL. But Josh and I got into it about housing at 3 am this morning then again online here. I offered to call his dad...he doesn't think I should. We'll see, as soon as his dad walks in this hous eI am gonna push the issue and figure out what the heck is going on. Anyway, I hope you find the perfect house and that your job gets better

Carol_I have hear dalot of people eat that laughing cow cheese. I am going to Rochester tomarrow maybe. I will look there. It's a city they have more stuff. Sounds like you are doing well too!

I have yet to really exercis esince Thursday. My foot and my ankle are killing me. Josh thinks maybe stress fracture. I think I over did it. I rolled my ankle several times recently (Like 6 times in two or three days). Then yesterday I was playing tag with the kids, yes actually RUNNING! And all that turning and dodging the four year old..man she is QUICK... I think was too much for it. I also stepped in a hole in the yard where the dog dug and rolled the ankle AND stepped on the remote and rolled it so I am just gonna rest it. It hurt sto just put on my shoes. I am ok walking around the house. The pain is minor, but if I step it up it HURTS. Then every once in a while the arch of my foot will kind of crap up and it hurts so bad I can't stand up.

Well have a great day everyone...sorry if this is filled with more typos than usual the kdis are getting nutty I think we need to go outside. SO I don't have time to proof read.
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:23 AM   #129  

Misty- please take care of your ankle I had a stress fracture I ignored and it took over a year to heal because I did not treat it right away.

Love and Light
Nikki
Old 09-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #130  
Cheese Goddess

G'day all!

Well, I'm a little frustrated this am. I gained 1#. Maybe I've been putting on some muscle or something. ick ick ick. I think I'll concentrate on a little more cardio for a few days. I actually didn't get a workout in last night b/c my sister was over til late. And tonight my BF will be over. He usually spends the night every other Thursday and stays til noon Friday. I go into work late on Fridays. It's a nice ritual for us, and I fix a pretty decadent breakfast for us (vegetarian omelets or breakfast burritos plus something good like cinnamon rolls or pancakes). So I will have to be extra careful the rest of the day with my eating and working out tommorrow.

Nikki - Glad your temporary gain is gone! I know what you mean about feeling energized by working out! I tend to overdo sometimes, but it makes you feel so good! All those endorphins

Misty - I know that I wouldn't have the energy to workout unless my calories are at least 14-1500 per day. I think that's alot more realistic than, say, 1200. It really makes a difference. Plus the fact that after you workout, it's important to refuel, especially if you do any kind of strength training! Have you tried the yogurt brands with splenda in it? More of them are converting from the aspartame all the time. Do you use an ankle brace or anything? I hope you find the time to keep it iced and elevated! Sounds like you keep really busy with your kids. That's pretty cool that you were playing tag with them!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
FormerFluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #131  
Jen

Hey all. Went and saw 5 houses this afternoon. Saw one really nice one, about the only one I would consider putting an offer on but the backyard is too small for a 4 year old, otherwise it is gorgeous. Called dh when I got home and he's all po'd by something that happened at work so he's being unhelpful and annoying. I wanted him to go see a place tomorrow and he's being a pain about it. Like hello??? We've got to the 26th of next month to be out of this house and you're giving me grief about looking at houses when you've been complaining about the house we just sold for years because you only agreed to it because you knew I liked it. We'll never get a house at this rate. We'll end up in his boss's house I would bet like a million dollars. Anyway just wanted to vent. I just wish we had more time. I don't really want to move my son out of daycare to another daycare and then to another place when we eventually find a place.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:56 AM   #132  
fIREFLY

S/C/G: 179/172.5/165

Height: 5'7''

Hey girls down 1 more lb. I'll take a lb. a week anytime. This is my lowest pt. in years that I can remember. I think it has got to do with my journal intake, support here and there and just really wanting to be healthier. I feel great! Maybe I will make my goal!
Jen don't rush on the house make sure its the one you want. Its a real long time obligation and you want to be happy in the end. You'll know the right house when you see it your feelings will tell you this is it! Hang in there! Its not an easy task.
Misty sorry to hear about your ankle don't over do it. Rochester should have the cheese there is also a garlic flavored but I haven't tried it yet. I will though. Have a nice trip to the city. Rochester is about 1.5hrs. from Syracuse area. That is where I work not live. I live in the country area. Takes me 30 min. to get to work.
Lori when I work out I gain muscle but take of inches. Try to measure yourself now and then do it again every couple of weeks. Also use your eyes as a meausuring tool. How do your clothes fit, rings etc....
Nikki your doing great on your workouts. I am trying to walk more and park out in the last lot at work, do the stairs in and out etc...... I think after awhile it becomes routine and will help me out. I am going to get to the gym on saturday morning. Seems funny not to be scheduling myself to go somewhere this weekend. We camped 6 weekends this summer. I would like to fit in a fall weekend away.
Have a super day everyone!
cacmsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 06:58 AM   #133  

Congrats on your loss Cacmsc..

love and light
Nikki
Old 09-23-2005, 08:20 AM   #134  

Well, I just finished my 4th workout for the week. That is all I commited myself to but I am going to try to get 2 more in.

Misty - How is that ankle doing?

Jen- congrats on the house

have a great day

~~love and light~~
Nikki
Old 09-23-2005, 09:58 PM   #135  
Jen

We saw are really, really nice house today and are going to put an offer in tomorrow. Please everyone keep their fingers crossed!