YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 05-11-2005, 07:04 AM   #16  

Hey there Marny. Great Job!!!! 2 days down only 5 more to go.

I like this one week thing. Makes it all seem doable.

Well I didn't do so very well though. I ate WAY too much yesterday. DH got home early and instead of swinging by the store on his way home he decided we should all make a trip to the other store in the bigger town b/c dogfood was alot cheaper there. So starving, we all get in the car and head off. We took way longer than we planned and I ended up snacking on popcorn her bought for my daughter. Then dinner was a huge mess. Kids screaming (they are sick, first time my daughter has been on antibiotics), husband getting stressed (he had to go back into work which is why he came home early), me getting upset b/c everyone else was upset. He yelled at me b/c I kept saying I was sorry. By the time he left and the kids settled down I lost control and binged on left over oven fries and sugar free icecream. Neither are really that bad for you but they add up and I had my points figured out to the very last one. There was no room for that stuff.

But I did make 5 out of 7 days my goal. So I still can meet my goal. It will be a bit harder though b/c I am going to my best friends house with the kids this weekend. I am going Friday morning so we can hit some yard sales, it's the only way I can afford to clothe these kids lol. So anyway staying on track will be more difficult while there, but I will do it.

have a good one
~misty
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:39 AM   #17  
Countess Walks-on-Water

I did well yesterday - even the FOUR fudgesicles I had in the evening didn't mess me up, according to the scale. The not eating 3 hours before bedtime is HARD for me, though. If I could sleep straight through the night, it would be easier, but everytime I have to help Sarah go potty or nurse Matthew I notice how hungry I am. Hopefully my stomach will adjust soon.

I also want to get off of this diet soda. Maybe that'll be my goal next week.

Good job on the workouts, Marny!

Misty - going to the store hungry is a disaster for me, too. I totally understand about stress-eating.

Jen - I'm a leftover lover, too, although lately I've been planning meals that are a little healthier and fit into my plan. I hate cooking in the morning, especially - leftovers frequently become breakfast.

Have a good day, ladies!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #18  

Tracy- The no eating after a certian time was hard for me too. We often eat really late b/c of my husband's schedule. And the sleeping through the night, I forgot that was even possible!

I am trying OMAC, once a month cooking. Last month I created a meal plan in mastercook. Went shopping and spent an entire Sunday cooking. WHile doing so I made some things that I can microwave for lunches and breakfast. Lowfat breakfast burritos on wheat tortilla's, low carb muffins, and I eat alot of oatmeal in the morning (the plain kind with splenda and cinnamon). I froze the burritos and muffins (these may not fit your plan b/c of the sugar). And so now i just nuke them. I made a few things from this website's recipe section, some lo mein, balsamic glazed chicken, cornflake chicken, and chicken enchiladas (not sure if that was this site or friendly freezer group). I forze them all in individual protions adding a cup of frozen broccoli to the chicken dishes and lo mein. Now I just heat and eat. I also did a month's worth of lunches for the kids and dinners for us. Havings tuff planned should help me.

Well kids are up I better get going. Tehy slept late today.
~misty
Old 05-11-2005, 02:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

I can't do anything when I'm hungry. I get grouchy and light headed. So, I eat on my own schedule even if that means that I just have a snack when everyone else is eating. We're all happier this way. My husband knows that daughter and I eat at 6, so if he's not home, his dinner will be on the counter. He'd rather do that than have a hungry, grouchy, angry wife waiting at home.
I'm eating 5 times per day. Breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I don't follow the nothing after 7:00 rule. I have a small snack before bed (ex. 8oz of milk). Based on what I learned from reading the Zone, it's healthy to give your body fuel to repair while you're sleeping. So, I guess I'm not really following Oprah's Boot Camp either. I'm pretty much doing the Zone which has many similarities to Oprah's plan.

I met my goal at the gym this morning! I stayed on the treadmill for the extra five minutes. It was a lot easier today. I think that my body is getting used to it.

Misty--I think your idea of cooking ahead of time, and then having things that you can easily warm up is fantastic. It's a lot of work ahead of time, but pays off. It should make it easier to choose foods that are good for you if they're convenient. My "quick" food around here is a turkey sandwich! Have you tried Orowheat's Lite Whole Wheat? It's fantastic, and low in carbs and calories--high in fiber too.

Tracy--I love diet soda too. I'm a diet pepsi junkie. I've made a deal with myself that works pretty well. Anytime I drink a soda, I have to drink a full glass of water too. It keeps me from drinking so many sodas! And, I'm getting my water in.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 08:34 PM   #20  

Oh my God. My kid has been evil all day. She was so mean to her playmate today that I called and cancelled her playdate for tomorrow. I can't count how many times I've sent her to her room today. She is pushing me, pushing me. She's trying to manipulate me. All I want to do is climb under a rock with a bowl of ice cream and a remote control. I already called my husband to tell him that when he gets home, I'm leaving. I've decided to go see a movie. I'm going to sit in the dark and watch an action movie without anyone bugging the **** out of me. I have no patience left. How do you guys handle stress without eating?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:15 AM   #21  

okay, I'm better now. I went and saw XXX State of the Union. I had some alone time, and I'm ready to fight the battle of the bulge again. Sorry for the vent.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:50 AM   #22  

Marny, vent away. I can totally understand that. How old is your daughter? It's great though that you are able to get out of teh house and get a break. I think we all need that sometime.

Yesterday was a good day for me.

I am supposed to leave Friday to go visit my best friend. We plan on going to the zoo and hitting some yard sales. But...we are all sick. So I don't want to go and make them sick, but I really want to go lol. I have to decide by this afternoon so she can tell her boss yea or nay about needing tomarrow off. My poor little girl is crying out off and on all day that her teeth hurt. I think it is connected to her ear infection. DH is convinced she doesn't drink enough milk and she is going through a growth spurt and her body needs calcium and so is pulling it from her teeth. So it's my fault b/c I am not giving her enough milk. The kid has milk at her disposal all day. She's been opting for juice or water. I am giving her a bit more juice than normal b/c she's not feeling well and so is not eating well and I figured if she's gonna ingest something willingly I will give her what she wants. But the whole teeth hurting thing could also be from drinking soo much juice, you know like the acid or something. But she's not drinking THAT much juice. Sheesh.

well anyway enjoy the day!
~misty
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #23  
Motivated Loser

Hi everyone...may I join you? I am currently on the Dr. Phil 7 Keys and I love it! Last year I lost 30 lbs. and then I quit because I didn't have much of a support system and I found myself doing and making the same things to eat so it got sort of boring. Needless to say...I gave up and gained it all back. But now I am starting over and motivated as ever! How long have all of you been on the diet and how much have you lost?
HeyItsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:36 PM   #24  

Welcome Marie, the more the merrier! Great job on your 30 pound loss previously, I am sure you'll get back on track. You di dit once you know what it takes.

I started with following WW and Dr. PHil combined in September when my son was 6 weeks old. I've lost at my lowest weight 30 pounds. But I am back up several pounds from that point. I was on a roll until x-mas, I had my gallbladder out then and thinsg got all out fo control. I tried the boot camp but it didn't fit my lifestyle, so I am back to dr. phil and ww. So far so good. I was really hoping to make my goal in a year but I think it may take longer. Oh well slow and steady wins the race right?

~misty
Old 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #25  
Motivated Loser

Misty...you are right...slow and steady does win the race. I have to constantly remind myself of that. It's interesting that you are combining ww and dr. phil. How are you doing that? I tend to fall back on some of my old ww thinking too...but I'm afraid to.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #26  

Hi everyone! Welcome Marie!
My extra five minutes on the elliptical this morning was a breeze! Woo Hoo! It's not feeling like "extra" anymore--so, that's awesome!
My daughter Sarah, who is 4, is back to her mostly sweet self today thank goodness. Maybe she just needed some alone time too.

Misty--can you reschedule your visit for next weekend? Then, you can go when you're well. It's so disappointing to have to reschedule a visit with a good friend. I know how it is to look forward to it.

It's walmart shopping day today. I don't know why I enjoy shopping there so much, but I really do. It's almost as fun as the dollar store.

you guys are doing great! Keep it up!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #27  
lilymay

Hi Misty! I love the idea of taking it week by week. I know I am very late this week but with the wkend coming up I think it's important for me to set some goals at least for the wkend.
1. Walk 2-4 miles Fri, Sat & Sun
2. Limit carbs to whole wheat

I like to walk so it should be easy especially w/my kids at their dads this wkend. The carb thing is going to be rough. I am a major carb addict and even though it would probably be better for me to go cold turkey I don't believe in giving up a any group of food. Once you go back to eating them it will just come back. I know a girl who looked so good after losing a bunch of weight on the Atkins. The last time I saw her I didn't even know it was her because she had gained so much weight. She is the biggest she has ever been. I just think it's dangerous to cut out something that your body needs. So that will definitely be my hardest goal this wk. I love my sugar!

Amy

Last edited by lilymay10633; 05-12-2005 at 09:42 PM.
lilymay10633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #28  

Hi all!

WELCOME AMY!!! Jump right in there is always room.

I am going to go to my best friends' after all. The kids seem better, not completley recovered but better. If I wait It will be well into June before I can go again. We have graduation parties, I have to babysit eand holidays coming up.

SO I won't me around Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I plan to stick to my goal though. I will start a new thread Monday early AM.

Have a great weekend. We can do this, one week at a time!
~misty
Old 05-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #29  

Misty--I'm so glad that you get to make the trip!
Lilimay--it's great to have you with us.

I met my goal this morning at the gym...but didn't enjoy it! Like some of you, I've actually gained a few pounds. I only weigh myself once a month, and I was surprised at the gain. I know it's not fat gain, but I was still dissapointed to not see a loss.

I watched the Oprah wieght loss show yesterday. Anyhone else see it?
Old 05-13-2005, 04:02 PM   #30  
Motivated Loser

OMG Marny...yes I did...how motivating was that?!?! I'm going out and buying Bob Green's book today. I'm so glad that you fullfilled your gym goal today...yay for you! I've been so sick with a chest cold and I feel like the guy on the bench waiting for the coach to put me in!!!! LOL