YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 09-04-2004, 09:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 218.8/198/135

Height: 5'4

Default What Am I Doing Wrong?

I am so disappointed today. I just got on the scale and it said 212. What is the deal? I worked out this week and I still managed to gain 4 pounds. I know what the problem is and maybe someone can offer me some advise. I started school this week and I can't control my eating. I'm still eating really late at night and I eat fast food constantly. Please help me!!!!! It seems like now that I am trying to lose weight, Im gaining more. I am so frustrated I know what i am going to do, i am about to get my fat butt up and go to the market and get me some fresh fruit and veggies. The hard part is trying to eat them and not let them sit in the frig until they rott. Does anybody take any vitamins or know of any protein shakes that I could drink( because I am always on the go) Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Miss Mccoy
SW 208~ CW 212~GW 130
Short Term Goal 192lbs by 12/25/04
e.mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 09:46 AM   #2  

Hi Mccoy,
I have found that what helps me is allowing myself treats, but adding them into my calorie count for the day. I can have fastfood if I want it, I just have to pay the price of all those calories in my allotment of 1700 for the day. I have the treat depending on whether or not its worth it to me. Also, try eating foods that will allow you to eat alot for not that many calories. For example, I will have an entire footlong veggie sub for lunch. I put lots of mustard and vinegar on it. It is extremely filling for 460 calories. I also get to spend a lot of time eating it, which is important for me. Also, as far as eating healthy stuff, I REALLY have struggled with this. You have to make it fun for yourself. I buy my fruit from the farmer's market now. A lot of the vendors have samples and once I taste how good the fruit is, I want to buy it. Then I force myself to have one even if I don't really want it (when I have an urge to snack), and am always glad that I did. Fruit actually is good!! Just force yourself to get into the habit of eating it. You can do this!!
UnCafeCvooPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:18 PM   #3  

Thanks Uncafe

I have just returned from the farmers market and I have stocked up on lots of tasty fruits and veggies. That veggie sub sounds delicous, I will have to try it. Thanks for the idea about the calorie intake thing. I never thought about that. It is a good way to go about it. Thank You So Much
Old 09-04-2004, 02:40 PM   #4  
Angie H

I really like the Dr. Phil bars and shakes. They hold me over for about 3 hours. I found the bars at the dollar tree 3/$1 and the shakes at big lots for 2.99 for 4. They are full of protein vitamins and minerals.
Angie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:13 PM   #5  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

It could be that you are trying to change too much at once. It is hard to change behaviours and you can't expect to change a lifetime of poor eating habits and not exercising regularly overnight. Plus you are starting school and that is a lot of stress particularly nursing as I well remember. I gained 30 lbs in the 3 years I was in college to become a RN. I was working too and had no time to shop or prepare healthy foods so we ended up eating a lot of take out, usually late at night as I would work after school at a 7-11 til 11pm. So give yourself a break and don't get frustrated. Stop and decide what is an important small step to accomplish right now. You've already decided to eat more fruits and veggies so let that be the goal you want to hit. Once you've had a couple of weeks of consistent beheviour then give yourself another goal to shoot for. Most people can't turn their life upside down and stick to a new lifestyle overnight. That's my 2 cents.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 11:21 AM   #6  

Default Thanks Ladies

Thanks for the advise. It's all great stuff. I will keep you all posted.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:35 PM   #7  
Closed

Hi Miss Mccoy
I'm sure you have heard this before drink water water water it helps flush out the fat
Tea Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey There!

Also you mentioned that you are working out. Well at first you might gain a little weight because Muscle does weigh more than fat.

What I had to start doing is say I am not going to weigh myself but once every 2 weeks. I was going to start looking at my clothes also. Are they fitting a little better?

When my muscles are a little sore I am going to think about how great that thing is going to look down the road.

Good Luck and dont stress. It will happen.
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote