YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:05 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, I am inspired.

I have really been having no cravings for bad foods since I've gotten really going on the plan (eight weeks Saturday). My energy has improved tremendously also.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #47  
Intuitive Eater

that's great karen! i think that's one of the biggest reasons i like this plan

the few (short) times i have tried it i never felt deprived of food and wasn't constantly standing in front of the pantry or fridge looking for something to eat

it's like my mind gets freed from thinking about food

i had always thought "i just like to eat a lot" and that was what was driving me to look for something else to eat, i knew it wasn't my stomach growling sending me to the food

and the increased energy can't be beat!

thanks for the welcome

i am inspired
Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 222/154.4/149 (mini-goal)

Height: 5'4"

i am inspired:

How long have you been doing the plan?

Karen
Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM   #49  
Intuitive Eater

hi Karen,

that's a tough question to answer

"officially" i've been doing this for 3 days now but i've had the book since around february this year, i think, and have tried it out here and there for a week or so at a time

i never really gave this program a fair chance, when paul mckenna's tv show "i can make you thin" came on i was lured into thinking i could follow that program and so i set the "you" program aside (i've been lousy at sticking to any kind of diet plan for very long, needless to say paul's program didn't work out for me so i'm back to "you")

but of all the ones i've tried, this just seems to be the most natural and, from a scientific point of view, makes total sense

but anyhow, as far as this attempt at losing weight, i'm just starting out, so 3 days now, i finally came to the realization that i can't do this alone so here i am!

i am inspired
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

Very do-able and I love it...although I do stray. I should know better but I can't seem to remember. LOL!!! I am getting out my book and re-reading to find a new inspiration. My DD is getting married in May 09 so I have to get a majority if not all of this weight gone. Problem I am having is I am menopausal and the weight just won't seem to go away as fast I would like. I get discouraged and eat and then I regain some control. So I lose in small, very small spurts.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 PM   #51  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanawurkit View Post
I am getting out my book and re-reading to find a new inspiration. ..... So I lose in small, very small spurts.
i'm doing the same thing, re-reading the book and this time i'm taking a highlighter to it so i can mark the major "hows" and "whys" for quick reference when i need it

from your ticker it looks like you've done great losing so far! congrats!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/207/140

Height: 5'41/2"

Default Hello everybody! May I join you?

I've also had the You book for a while now... I did follow it for 2 weeks, lost 2 inches off of my waist and 6 lbs..... then I stopped. Stupid, I know. Anyway, I want to get back to it because I can't stand myself any longer. I am also somewhat doing the BFL exercise program (weights... I'm going to try the BFL cardio today..... I just hate cardio!). Anyway, I will be turning 50 years old in January and I quit smoking 2 weeks ago so I want to see just how fit and healthy I can get by my birthday. That gives me 6 months and I sure could use the help to stay on track and be accountable!
Old 07-30-2008, 02:19 PM   #53  
Intuitive Eater

the more the merrier, blueangel1, welcome!

congrats on quitting smoking, too! i've been smoke-free for about 8 1/2 years now and i don't miss it a bit! tho i wish i had not turned to food to replace that bad habit

it was tough going at first so i would pop hard candies in place of cigarettes, sure wish it was gum!

anyhow, glad to have you join us (i'm a newbie too)
Old 07-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 220/207/140

Height: 5'41/2"

Smile

Thank You! So when you started on YOU, did you follow the first 2 weeks diet as layed out in the book? Soup and all?
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #55  
Lovin' Zumba!

Welcome gals - it's great to have some fresh faces around here! Kim and I have been here for a while, and we know this works - it's just keeping ourselves on track that can be the issue some times, as she mentioned.

I myself am doing a combo of BFL and YOAD - the BFL workouts with YOAD food, although I'm keeping the protein/carb combo in each of 6 meals a day. The BFL workouts are right on track with YOAD as they provide both the strength training and cardio the Dr.'s call for. I just add some stretching at the end of my workouts to round it all out.

For those of you toying with BFL, it works too - 5 years ago I lost 60 pounds and 4 sizes doing it for a year - I loved it. But then I started getting bored with it, was maintaining, but wanted to lose more, and with all the fooling around with my plan that I did, I ended up doing nothing and gradually gaining it all back

I think that bottom line here is that many programs work while you are doing them - the key is to find something that you can live with *for life*. Because this is a lifetime commitment - maintaining is just as much work as losing, and we are all here because we need to eat less, eat the right things and exercise more.

So, I hope that YOAD can be that great plan for all of us. I do think it's sustainable in that more and more whole grain products are on the market everyday. Good luck to everyone, and keep those questions coming!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 07-30-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:19 PM   #56  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAngel1 View Post
Thank You! So when you started on YOU, did you follow the first 2 weeks diet as layed out in the book? Soup and all?
not me, i've just been doing my own thing but within the guidelines in the book (easier for me i guess)

hi bfl_cat, bfl, is that body for life?
Old 07-31-2008, 07:20 PM   #57  
Lovin' Zumba!

Yes, I joined 3FC when I was at the end of my second Body for Life challenge, so I had it as part of my screen name.
Cindy
Old 07-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #58  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfL_Cat View Post
Yes, I joined 3FC when I was at the end of my second Body for Life challenge, so I had it as part of my screen name.
Cindy
thanks, was just wondering

i found the acronym thread but didn't notice that on there (unless i missed it)

still not used to all the acronyms
Closed Thread