Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #1  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

Default WWatchers Online Question

Hello!

I am a bit confused by the points on the flex plan. Specifically, what about points that I don't use during the day? When I look at my weekly outlook, it looks like if I am 2 points under for one day, those points are gone forever. Then, when I go over 4 points the next day, those 4 points automatically come out of my flex points.

I guess I was under the impression that if I was under 2 points one day, I could go over 2 points the next day, and that it would all work out in the end. Does this make any sense? In other words, I have 24 points a day * 7 days + 35 flex for the week. I thought it came out to 203 points a week, which I could divide fairly evenly without worrying about getting the exact same number every day.

This whole discussion basically left out activity points. I have been eating those.

Can someone help me be less confused? SO many thanks...
Old 10-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #2  

I think Weight Watchers USED to have a system where you could "bank" your points for later use. You can no longer do that. That's why the 35 weekly points are built into the system. Basically look at your daily points as use it or lose it. Same thing with weekly. If you didnt use your points one week, you cant use them the next.

However, some people do alternate their points ranges every day and find that helps them get out of a rut. The "Wendie Plan" is all about that. You can find a sticky for it on the WW General forum I believe.

The activity points are also something you can look at if you hit a plateau. What I've seen recommended is that if you are not losing at least a little every week, to try not to consume all your activity points.

I hope that helps!
Closed Thread