Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 04:06 PM   #1  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default WW At Home??

What is WW At home and how can I get it?

Any info is appreciated

~Nancy
Old 09-17-2001, 06:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Nancy -

Weight Watchers At Home is the full set of materials normally received over the course of the first 12 meetings. It has all the program information you need to follow WW without going to meetings. They also throw in a few extras.

If you go to the Weight Watchers website www.weightwatchers.com, they'll have more info on how to order it there, as well as information about whether the at home program is available in your area.

Carla
Old 09-18-2001, 01:00 AM   #3  
Determined to succeed.

Thanks for the info. I looked at the website and the kit costs approx. $100. They don't say much about the home kit as the website mostly focuses on meetings and such. If anyone owns it, would you recommend it? Would you say that this is a good price? Is everything useful? I'm a student, so I don't have a whole bunch of money to spend, and $100 is a lot of money... if I could get some feedback, I would be very thankful .

Thanks again,
Nancy
Old 09-18-2001, 03:17 PM   #4  

Nancy -

That's about how much I paid for my kit, three years ago. Sounds like WW has held the price steady. I found it very worthwhile. Going to the meetings at that time would have been very inconvenient for me. I could have done it, but it would required a bit of effort. After a couple of attempts at WW, I knew myself well enough to know that if getting to meetings became a chore, I would just give up and gain back any weight I've lost and then some. By buying the At Home program I received all the information that I needed to do the program. (You also receive 6 months of phone support if you have questions, etc.) Coming to these boards, and specifically to the Weigh In At Home thread, has given me all the support I need.

If you're really interested in WW and can't make meetings or aren't a meeting person and are confident in your ability to stay on track without the accountability of a weigh in at a meeting, then it should be a good choice for you. In the long run, it's cheaper than attending 12 weeks of meetings to get the materials, plus they throw in the extras.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:40 PM   #5  
Determined to succeed.

Default Thanks Carla...

...for the great feedback! I think I will order it!

Sorry to bother you with more questions... but I'm curious about the phone support.. is it just for questions, or can someone keep up with your weight-loss with you. I think I would want to tell them how I'm doing and stuff.. Isn't the support why weight watchers is so successful?

~Nancy
Old 09-18-2001, 05:13 PM   #6  

No bother at all, Nancy.

I never used it, but my understanding is the phone support is there if you have questions that you would normally ask a leader - e.g. a question about points, suggestions if you're not losing, etc.
But, and again, this is only my understanding, you wouldn't use it to check in a let them know how you're doing, etc.

Please do feel free to join us on the Weigh In at Home thread. We'd be happy to hear how you're doing, give you pointers, and get pointers from you!

Carla
Old 09-18-2001, 10:23 PM   #7  
Determined to succeed.

Thanks again Carla for the info! I would love to join you, thanks for the invitation

Take care and see you soon!

~Nancy
Closed Thread