Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2001, 12:19 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Judy - You just chase that PMS monster right out of your house! I was having salty cravings last night too. Had some pretzels and then I kept thinking about your tomato sandwiches, so I had one. Wasn't as good I'm sure as the store tomatos just ain't that great. So that, plus a cup of applesauce and a glass of wine was mine very odd snacking combo last night.

Karen - You're absolutely right. If I weren't doing WW, I'd be seeing new numbers alright, but at the wrong end of the scale.

Jennifa - I don't even want to tally up how many years I've spent not liking my body. You make some great points. And today I'm going to go home, open my pantry, and yell at all the food to just leave me alone!

Ok, now I must really do some work.

Carla
Old 09-05-2001, 10:58 PM   #17  

Carla - Congratulations on the great loss. I know what you mean about losing the same pounds over again...I'm in the same boat. I have to keep telling myself that the time will pass whether I lose the weight or not and if I don't work at it I definitely won't lose it.

Judy - Hope the medicine starts to help. I try not to keep much junk in the house, but sometimes I let Laura pick something up. Usually I don't care that much for what she picks, but sometimes it seems to call me. Well, the house is about junk free again so I should be okay.

Karen - Way to go sending those cookies back.

Jennifa - I hate to think of all the years I've not liked my body. One thing I've learned is not to buy any clothes unless I love how they look. I don't own a lot of clothes, but I feel good in what I have.

I had a good day foodwise. I'm feeling more in control...now to keep it up through the weekend. I did get a walk in tonight.

Pat
Old 09-06-2001, 09:31 AM   #18  

Karen - Way to go on sending those cookies back!! You should get a round of applause for that - Yahooooo! Yes, PMS cravings are the worse. I can't say I did well dealing with them last night either but I'm going to give it another shot tonight. Yes, I absolutely agree with you on the fact that when you are sick your body needs all its energy to heal and I'm giving myself that time. I'm not sure how long you've read some of our posts, but I'm one of the rare ones who loves exercise so it's just a drag for me having to give it a rest for so long.

Jennifa - yes I have similar issues about not liking my body. I don't know about any strategies but this summer I decided that whether I like how my upper arms look or not, I was going to wear sleeveless shirts because it was more comfortable. Just doing so has made it sort of a non-issue. I stll want to get rid of the "bye-bye" arms but in the meantime I'm going to wear what's comfortable. Maybe that's a strategy.

Carla - I'm going to give that PMS monster the heave ho today (which is to say I didn't last night!) Yes, the tomatoes we've grown are so much better than store bought - we're at the tail end of the harvest though. I think I'm going to have a tomato sandwich for lunch while we still have some.

Pat - Way to go on having a good food day. It feels good when you do it, doesn't it? I *know* you can keep it up for the weekend! Way to go on getting in another walk. You are back in the swing!

Well, as I've said before, the PMS monster ran rampant last night. Rather than decreasing my deficit, I added 2 points to it. Oh well, today is another day. I'm going to eat at the low end of my range and drink a ton of water (which I did last night too). I'm going to use Tastations (3 for 1 pt) for my sweet cravings and knit tonight. I have incentive because my niece picked out a sweater for her 1 month old daughter this weekend and I still have a bit more work on the one I'm making. The steroids are kicking in again and I feel a little better than yesterday (of course, today is a telecommute day so I haven't been outside in the pollen yet).

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 09-06-2001, 01:31 PM   #19  

Hi all.

First order of business. Have you read Suzanne and Jennifer's latest journal entries 9go to the home page to access them). They've both just updated them after a long hiatus. Jennifer writes of an e-mail they got suggesting they shut down this site because they're still struggling with their weight. Suzanne's is just plain heartbreaking. In the Support Forum (in the non-WW specific section), there is a thread offering support to the sisters. Please take a moment and send them an encouraging word. They've done so much for us.

Pat - Glad to hear that your house is de-junked and you're feeling more in control. We will have a good weekend. I like your philosophy - the time will pas whether or not we do something about our weight.

Judy - I did the same thing you did - decided to buy sleeveless shirts despite my less than stellar arms. It was liberating. And cooler. Sorry to hear that the monster was still at your house yesterday. I know that you'll have him licked today.
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.

I had a good day yesterday, although I was a bit snacky last night. Two long days were taking their toll and I was tired and looking to comfort myself with food. (It didn't help that Ana was in a real whiny, nothing's-gonna-make-me-happy mood either.) But I still managed to save 2 points. Ran out of time this morning and grabbed a donut at the train station. It's ok because I have the points for it, but when I start my day that way it sometimes makes my sweet cravings go wild. Luckily I was busy enough with phone calls this morning that I made it through ok. And now I just finished a huge falafel sandwich and a huge order of coleslaw from the low-fat food place I like to go to. It was a nine point lunch, but they were a very filling, and very tasty, nine points.

Have a great day everyone!

Carla
Old 09-06-2001, 04:32 PM   #20  
Seeking God's Gold

Question Question for you at home WW'ers

Are any of you doing the WW online program???

I went to the WW site to find out more about WW at home and found that it is now offered online. Please advise on this.

I did WW last year but did the 123 program. Their site is talking about the Winning Point program. What is this and how is it different from the 123 program?

Thanks so much for answering my questions.

~Sherry~
Old 09-06-2001, 05:23 PM   #21  

Sherry -

I too started under the 123 program. Winning Points has the following changes:

The point ranges have been decreased by two points. For example, under 123 the lowest point range was 18-25; under Winning Points it's 18-23.

The way that activity points are calculated is different. Under 123, you earned a point for each 20 minute increment of exercise you did beyond the initial 20 minutes. Under Winning Points there you earn points right away for exercise and the number of points you earn is based on your weight, the amount of time you exercise and the intensity level. Makes good sense to me. (This is how you gain back the 2 points they took away from the point ranges.

Fiber is capped at 4 grams. That is, when you're calculating points on a high fiber item, you can only use up to 4 grams in the calculation.

Onions, carrots and jicama all count as 1 point per cup.

I'm sure there are other changes, but these are the biggies, at least from what I've read on other threads.

I've thought of looking into WW On-line, but I'm following 123 still and I'm not sure how the tools they offer will work with that. (Although if I ever get my butt in gear and exercise I may follow the Winning Points way of gaining exercise points, banking anything I earn past 2 points). I have to do the demo and see.

Hope this helped.

Carla
Old 09-07-2001, 08:00 AM   #22  

Post yahoo!! 3 pounds!

Hi gang! Have not had a chance to post as I have been working my midnight shifts!

I have lost 3, imagine that, 3 whole pounds since last post!

I am very pleased with myself. Although I find that on midnights, I don't eat alot, with sleeping during the day, and working at night. Anyone have any suggestions for eating with WW123 for shift workers? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

It has started to get very cold in the early morning now, fall is here. I have to put a little more clothes on for my walk! We will probably have snow to stay by the end of October! Yikes.

Hope everyone has a great week. Take Care!

Jenn
Old 09-07-2001, 08:54 AM   #23  

Carla - way to go on banking two points especially when you were in that "food as comfort" mode! How did the rest of yesterday go? As soon as I read about the donut, I said "uh oh". Sounds like you did OK - how did things go after lunch? Falafel - yum! I can't remember the last time I had one but they are yummy! Thanks for the heads up about the sisters. I'll head over there after I post.

Sherry - I actually started going to meetings a while back and Carla has outlined all the changes I know of between 123 and winning points. WW online is not the same thing as WW at Home. WW at Home gets you all the materials and an 800 number for questions for a fee (I don't remember how much). I haven't tried WW online - first it costs $$ and I'm already going to meetings. The other thing for me is that I'm at a computer almost all day (my job) and I don't want to go online to calculate points, journal etc. My sister does it and likes it though. The WW at Home number is (800) 710-4663 (or it used to be).

Jenn - WAY TO GO! 3 pounds is fantastic! I'm looking forward to fall here (NY) - it's my favorite time of the year. Way to go on getting out for those walks! I'm sorry but I don't know any specific suggestions for shift workers. Maybe you should start a thread either here or in the General area and give it that title. You are sure to get some responses.

I had a good day yesterday. I managed to kick the PMS monster into a corner (eating wise anyway - not mood wise, poor Tony) and banked a couple of points against my deficit. This morning's sneak peek was good and I'm going to work to be sure it stays that way for tomorrow morning's weigh in. I'm feeling about the same - - allergies are bad so I'm still coughing more than I'd like. Oh well, have to give the steroids time to work. I plan on having a very relaxing weekend - no plans, just read a stack of magazines (which are getting out of hand) and maybe make some soup (saw a recipe in Cooking Light).

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 09-07-2001, 09:22 AM   #24  

Carla - I read the journals and am absolutely appalled at how cruel and stupid some people can be! I tried to find Suzanne's email address but couldn't. Do you know where I can find it? I'd like to write to her and let her know how important this site is to me.

Judy
Old 09-07-2001, 12:34 PM   #25  

Hi everyone.

Jenn - Congratulations on the terrific loss! I don't have any experience with shift work, but I'll suggest the same as Judy. If you post that question on the general thread, I'll bet you'll get responses. I love Fall, but snow by the end of October is too early for me!

Judy - Glad to hear that you kicked the PMS monster in a corner. He didn't stay there though - he came to my house instead. But I wasn't having any of his nonsense. I ate at maximum, but not a point over. Actually, the donut didn't throw me at all. The rest of the day went well. I was full for quite awhile from lunch and had some carrots and a Slim Fast energy bar to snack on. Didn't even get to my apple. So I did ok. Sounds like you have a nice relaxing weekend planned. Rest up and feel better.

As for Suzanne's e- mail, I thought they each had specific e-mails, but I don't know where to find them. I looked for a bit myself yesterday. However, you can always click the Contact Us button which sends the e-mail to a general address for reporting problems, etc. I think Suzanne handles most of that, so she's sure to see it. I was going to say that I don't know where I'd be without this site, but I do know. I would have quit doing WW after about 2 month or 20 some pounds, would have regained that weight back right away and then kept on. So I would have been over 300 pounds by now. While it's true I've regained almost all of my weight back, at least coming here every day for the past three years has kept me trying. (Judy, can you believe we've known each other for three years?)

I've been fighting off the urge to get Chinese food for lunch today. Came here instead and now I'm going to go pop my frozen dinner in the microwave so Chinese is no longer an option. I want a low points day because chances are John will want to go out to eat tonight and I want to have a comfortable amount of points left.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend, everyone.

Carla
Old 09-08-2001, 09:04 AM   #26  
Determined Chick!

Default .6 down!

Hi guys! I have to go get ready for a luncheon this morning...don't know how I'll handle pts for that :-P... but I wanted to post my .6 loss! I blew pts almost every day , but I kept active and did exercise videos The exercise saved my butt this week. The kick in the pants is thinking what I could have achieved if I would have found a way to stick to pts in the evenings. I need to just go to sleep when I start thinking "I must snack," because it is almost always late when the urge hits. It is a goal for this week.

Gotta jump in the shower before Josh wakes up! Have a great weekend...Holly
Closed Thread