Old 09-12-2005, 09:42 AM   #1  
Back on Program!

Default Weigh in at Home 9/12-9/9/18

Starting the topic, I'll be back
Old 09-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #2  
Back on Program!

Talking Happy Days are Here Again!!!!

I am in ONEDERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!

The scale this morning says 199.6!!! Not happy about cutting down my daily points, but VERY happy about that number ONE!!! I can't remember the last time I had a 1 as the first number!
So it's a 2lb loss for the week. I still need to lose some more by vacation, though. The place where we are going horseback riding has a 200 lb weight limit. There is another one that goes up to 225 but it's about an hour away from where we are staying. So I am hoping to be able to go to the closer one.

I went to the gym today for step aerobics. I had to stop about halfway through because my lower back was hurting so bad. I think maybe I hurt it at work on Sat (it was kind of bothering me yesterday). So now I am very worried that it's serious. I came home and iced it and then took a shower. Plus Motrin and it feels okay now but not great. I'll be so upset if I can't exercise!
I felt like such an idiot when I had to leave class. But I was having lots of pain, like electric shocks. I guess I'll be going to the doctor if it keeps hurting. I am so afraid of getting hurt and not being able to work. It's part of the reason I decided to get into shape, to protect my body (nursing is such a physical job, especially in the ICU. We are the #1 profession for disability!)
So everyone pray that maybe I just pulled something a little bit, not anything major!!

I can't wait to hear about all your good news, so let's have it!
Kelly Jo I hope you are back on the wagon. I have your seatbelt ready!
Carla I hope you are adjusting well to your new eating plus WW. (are you doing both?? That sounds tricky!)
Judy I know work and school is hard, I did it with 2 babies. just keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel! I might try core since you are having such success!
Everyone else good luck this week!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:48 PM   #3  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

RACHEL RACHEL RACHEL..........I AM SOOOOO FLIPPIN PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! Girl, keep it up! I am at 198 and holding steady. I got back on the horse Saturday so Other than the cocoa puffs I have been having at night lol....choco mmmmmmmmmmm I have continued the walking for 35 mins a day (other than two days last week where my chest hurt......I have kept up the treadmill) I am soooooo proud of you and I am up with you on the wagon......here let me get that belt from you!

I hope all you other girls are doing well too! Chime in when you get a chance!!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on a great loss on Saturday! I'm glad to hear that switching to Core has helped. I think that it's great to have both programs to choose from. If you get tired of counting points, there's core. If you get tired of core's food list, you go back to flex. It's all good. I'm in the mood for doing a core week or two myself. But I think I'll have to modify it to allow myself a couple of slices of whole wheat bread. Otherwise I think it would be hard to get in my carb servings, especially at lunch. Ana is loving school, thanks for asking. Everything is going well on that front.

Rachel - I'm doing the happy dance for you!!! Onderland is a great place to land! Good for you!!! I hope your back feels better soon. You were right to leave the class. Take care of yourself. Rachel, I am adjusting to my new eating (although I've had a few days where I've been less than stellar). I am following the new plan and doing WW and it really isn't tricky at all.

Kelli - Good for you for getting back on the wagon and staying there! I told you you could do it.

I had a pretty good weekend. We ended up going out to a Mexican restaurant on Saturday w/ MIL and BIL and SIL. It was good and I certainly enjoyed the glass of sangria. I know I was over points, but I ate very lightly earlier in the day to help balance it out. Sunday was dinner at my mom's and I did fine there. Today I went out to lunch and stuck with a salad with grilled chicken. I was at work for a couple of hours and was up and down stairs and walking hallways carrying stuff, so I feel like I got in a workout. I was certainly sweating like I was working out. Tomorrow I have my initial appointment at the sleep lab. It's an early appointment, so John is going to have to get Ana to school. Which means I'm going to have to get everything ready to go for her tonight. So I guess I'd better hop to it.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 09-14-2005, 09:06 AM   #5  

Oh my goodness. Where is everyone? Rachel, I hope your back isn't keeping you down.

Well, I'm here to report a 1.6 pound loss this week. I had my appointment at the sleep clinic yesterday and am set to have my sleep study done next Wednesday night. The doctor is certain that the study will show I have sleep apnea, it's just a question of mild or severe. I didn't realize that sleep apnea could cause hypertension, diabetes, and clogged arteries (I'm 2 for 3). Of course in someone like me who is obese, which can cause sleep apnea, it's kind of a chicken vs egg question as to what is causing what. No matter, it comes down to losing weight and exercising. So I will continue forth.

Have a great day.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:17 PM   #6  

Rachel - HUGE congratulations on getting into a new century! When are you going on vacation? I'm sure you will be well under the limit by then. I hope your back is feeling better. Mine has been very achy but I know what it is from - I've been carrying a huge load of books on one shoulder as well as the physical stuff in the classroom (maybe as physical as nursing?). I'm trying to do a little yoga - even just 10 minutes each morning to stretch it out.

KellyJo - way to go on getting back on the wagon and walking! Your chest hurting when you are on the treadmill concerns me though. Was it when you were treadmilling?

Carla - It sounds like you did great over the weekend. I'm SO glad that Ana is loving school and I'll bet it's one HUGE relief for you! I do have two pieces of NO whole wheat bread even on core - it's not a problem using the some of the 35 weekly points 'cause I'm snacking way less than I was before and when I do snack, it's usually fruit. Good luck with the sleep lab.

Sorry it's taken so long to check in. Things are really busy with student teaching but I love it. I'm doing 2 lessons a day and today, my cooperating teacher asked, on the fly, to go over the math work the kids did (she taught a new concept just before). It was a surprise, but it went well and as she said later, I was less nervous than when I prepare! My sneak peeks have been good - I've been good about taking lunch every day - which besides from being OP is better than buying lunch - after all, I don't have a salary now!

Tony and I just booked our trip to Vegas for the end of November. Tony came up with the idea as a way of celebrating my finishing school (well, I'll be finished with student teaching and will just have a research paper to write) and for his birthday. I'm so psyched - we are going to see Celine Dion. Anyway, between that and seeing the extended family on Thanksgiving, I definitely have incentive to stay OP and keep losing!

Anyway, time to make my lunch for tomorrow and get to bed!
Have a great one!
Judy

P.S. Carla I just read your last post - congratulations on the fabulous loss and I'm glad the sleep study will be done next week.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:14 PM   #7  
Back on Program!

Yay Carla on the weight loss! I am so glad you have made the connection with sleep apnea and the other disorders and obesity. I really think you will have a HUGE turnaround when you get treated for the apnea. You will be better rested and that will make all the difference in terms of having more energy and being able to stay in control. More energy means more activity, and staying in control, we all know what that means! Good luck with the sleep study!

Judy, keep up the good work! Bringing your lunch is GREAT! It's the only way I can stay on program when I am working. Celine in Vegas, I am jealous! We go on vacation on the 30th

Kelly Jo, what's up with the chest pain???? I am not liking that and if it was during exercise you need to see an MD like yesterday!

Today I had McDonald's for dinner. I was at the car dealership all day getting my NEW Chrysler Pacifica! It is so beautiful! Anyway by the time I picked up the kids it was 5:30. I counted the points so I should be okay, even though I had to use a few flexpoints. The other good news is that I went to the gym today, and my back was OKAY! I have been being VERY careful with it and it still gives me some pain here and there, but nothing like Monday.

Take care everybody and be good!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Nurse: Great Job!!! How exciting. I'm proud of you. Hope your back is ok.

I stayed the same this week. I weighed in on Sunday, but have been so busy, this is the first chance I've had to post. However, we have been eating out a lot this week and I may be disappointed on my weigh in this coming Sunday....
I did join the local YMCA. It was my hubby and my birthday gift to each other. We got a family membership, so the whole family can participate. I also signed up for the StartFit program which assigns you a coach to teach you how to use the equipment, set goals and keep you accountable to exercise at least 3x's a week. It's a 12 week program so I'm anticipating it will be a vehicle for a habit change for me.
Lynne
Old 09-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #9  

Hi all,

Kelli - Somehow i jumped right over your having chest pains while on the treadmill. Please, go see your doctor.

Judy - I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your student teaching! It souinds like you're doing a great job, but, then again, I knew you would. Are you really gong to be all done after this semester? As in looking for a permanent job to start in January? How great that you have a trip to Vegas to look forward to.

Rachel - Yeah, getting the apena in control is going to have such a positive effect in so many areas of my life. I'm glad to hear that your back is doing better!

Lynne - Congrats on the maintain. Good for you for joining the gym. What a great present you and your husband gave each other. The StartFit program sounds great.

Things around here are same old/same old. Fortunately, we've been getting some rain and I think our overly hot weather is gone and autumn is on it's way. It's my favorite season, so I'm more than ok with that. Right now, though, the grey, cool weather makes me want to crawl back under the sheets. Ana has the day off school, though, so that's not gonna happen!

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 09-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #10  

Hi everyone! You guys sound like so much fun!!
My name is Jeanne, I am 41 with 2 daughters (18 & 13) and a really cute hubby!!! (he must have done something good today!) lol! I started WW at home on June 7th and have lost 21# so far! I have only lost 1# each week for about 3 weeks now though! Help!!!!! I really like the program. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I really need to start an exercise program and STICK to it!
Well I just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm not really new to 3FC but the thread that I had been reading & posting on.............ummmm............well I guess those girls threw in the towel, cause nobody (except me) has posted for like 10 or 12 days !!!

Well keep up the good work everyone and send some of that karma my way!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #11  
Back on Program!

Welcome, Jeanne! We all post, more than once a week even!! LOL!
I have 2 daughters ages 9 and 7, my hubby is a firefighter and I am a nurse of course!
I have been doing WW at home, no meetings, since June 1. And I have lost 21# too! So I think you are doing great! Exercise really does help though, and it makes you feel so much better about yourself too. You can ask everyone here, at first I had "no time" and no motivation. But I joined a gym and have been going religiously 3 times a week ( I am not killing myself trying to go daily, then I would stop. i am trying to make it a habit and a do-able part of my life). For three weeks just recently I didn't lose anything but half a pound, so that happens sometimes. A pound a week is fine, that is how you are supposed to do it!!
Welcome to the group!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Jeanne!!!!
Old 09-18-2005, 05:54 PM   #13  
do, or do not

Default Hello Jenne I am new here too!

Hi ladies, I joined 3fc last week and I think this is the place for me. I have gone to ww meetings twice in the past, lost weight and gained it right back plus some friends when I stopped going. I have to do it at home because I can not afford to go. I just started this week and am down 4# to 211. My goal is to be healthy and be able to play with my little 14 month old without feeling like I am going to pass out!
Old 09-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #14  

Thumbs up WI for 9/18/05

Hi everyone! Thank you for the nice welcome! Good news for this weeks WI.........219# for a 2# loss! Yippee I was in Harrisburg all weekend and I really tried hard to stay away from the munchies(which I love when we are traveling for long periods of time in the car) and when we went to eat I stayed within my points! On friday I went to a ww meeting because I got a card in the mail inviting me to a free meeting and free registration. Did you guys know that is $12 a week now!!!!! And don't even think about buying their products! I yi yi!!!! If you prepay it is $9 a week! I was thinking about joining to get the motivation and support.............but $48 a month!?!?!?!!?? I dunno!
Well hope everyone had a nice weekend and thanks again for the warm welcome.

PS - Kari, welcome to you as well!!!!
Closed Thread