Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:35 PM   #16  

Hi Everyone
i would like to join in, I just started doing WW at home 5/17 so far so good,I feel better already, just by drinking my water, I can tell a difference in my myself. Trying to get my exercise in, at least 3 times a week right now, I work full time nights as a RN, plus married with 8,6,3 yr old girls. So I'm still working on a work out schedule that works for me.
Hope we all have a great week!
Amy
Old 05-25-2006, 07:45 AM   #17  

Welcome aboard, 3girls4me and Christine. You'll love the MB. I do. It's very informative and everyone's supportive.

Unfortunately, I have put on .5 lbs. I felt bloated before I stepped on the scale. Aunt Flo is hovering but has not landed yet. I usually avoid the scale altogether at this time but I broke my rule and weighed in anyway. Yuck!! I know the weight gain could be worse than half a pound. Nevertheless, any setback is discouraging no matter the circumstances.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:16 AM   #18  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

I just wanna say welcome to the newcomers too. I am so bad at individually posting to most....so please feel no ill will towards me .
I had a great day yesterday counting all my points...but not getting as much water as even a normal (not fat like me lol) person needs too. I vow to do better today. We even went out to eat last night to souper salad (my first and last time) and I did well even though my dessert was like 12 yes, 12 points. I had to hack into my flex points but was totally accountable.
Who knows what is for dinner tonight.

I am gonna get off the puter soon for I DO way too much of that. Need to move more. I have a kink in my neck that just kinda appeared a little bit ago. Maybe I can work that out a little. I am off to see what is on exercise on demand. (GREAT Station that I just found!! but yet to use lol)
PS.......no more FAT FREE pringles for me.....I finished off the can last night- I just cannot ellicit self control when they are around(although I accounted for them).
Have a great OP day girls and again welcome newbies~!
Old 05-25-2006, 11:21 AM   #19  
Back on Program!

Hi Amy, welcome to you and all the other newbies!
I'm an RN too, I used to work nights but it made me miserable, sick, and I gained weight. It really messes up your circadian rhythm doing nights, in my opinion, but some people tolerate it better than others. And the money makes a huge difference too. My husband is a firefighter and he works 24 hour shifts every 3rd day. We have found the best schedule for us is for me to be part time (I work 5 12-hour shifts every 2 weeks), and we don't have to put our 2 girls in daycare. I do have a lovely neighbor who will sit with them once a week when I have to leave for work at 6 am and hubby gets home from work at 8:30am. Sometimes it's hard because we will have 8 days in a row where one of us is working, but then we ususally have a few days off together. I have decided there is NO "perfect" work arrangement when you are a mom. If you work days there will be school and sports functions that you have to miss. If you work nights you miss out on bedtime and homework. There is always some sacrifice.
Way to go making the move to WW!! When you stay on program, the program works. The problems lots of us here face each day is actually STAYING on program! So we help and encourage each other to keep going and never give up!

Carla I am so happy to hear you are recovering! I personally avoid Chuck E Cheese at all costs, so kudos to you! Take it easy whenever you can though.

Tomorrow I weigh in. Let's all cross our fingers and do a WW dance!!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #20  
Back on Program!

I'm down another pound to 181!
It's not as much as I wanted, but still headed in the right direction.
I did have some time-of-the month moments this week, and only got to exercise twice.
Here's to doing even better this week! Wishing you all lots of willpower for the weekend!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 PM   #21  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

I haven't actually fallen off the face of the earth - PC died a mournful death a few weeks ago, and we've been to busy to deal with it until now. We were completely caught up in dealing with Mike's dad's funeral and affairs for a couple of weeks, and have been working hard on our property since. All is well. I'm way behind on posts and will have some major catching up to do!

Carla - so glad your surgery went well, and that you're recovering well. Been thinking about you

Judy - congrats on your continuing losing; you're doing so well!

Rachel - great to hear that you're heading in the right direction.

Tanya - hang in there!

Welcome to all the newcomers - I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

I've been maintaining for the past month, and am ready to get into some serious losing.

Back soon,
Karen
Old 05-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #22  

Amy - welcome! My step daughter is a nurse, working the 3 days a week, 12 hours a day shift and it's tough but when she has to work nights, she says it's even tougher!

ivynikki - try to focus on how much you've lost instead of one the 1/2 pound which is pre-TOM bloat.

Kelly Jo - well, "hacking" into flex points is what they are here for! I agree with you about large sizes of snacks. I do better when they are broken up into serving sizes. I hope your neck is feeling better.

Rachel - Wow, that is some schedule you and your jusband have! Congratulations on the pound gone! You're getting close to a new decade!

Karen - it's so good to hear from you! Karen - was PC one of the doggies?? My condolences. Gee, you and Mike have had a rough time recently. That's quite an accomplishment to maintain under such trying circumstances. Just in case you didn't give yourself any, here are some major
{{{{{{PATS ON THE BACK}}}}}}!

I've had an OK couple of days. I got the results of the MRI yesterday and while it could be worse, it could be better. I have two bulging discs in my lower back. Last night, I dipped into some flex points with my evening snacking. After the second snack (total hand-to-mouth action), I asked myself H.A.L.T. Well, I decided I need to make it HALTU because I wasn't Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired; I was Upset about the MRI. Asking myself the questions though did stop me. I decided eating salty, snacky things wasn't going to do anything except use of points, and I stopped snacking. Today was a good day at work but my back has been ouchy (and the weather has been a little stormy). I stretched when I got home and just have to watch myself over the long holiday weekend. Tony and I are going to the garden center tomorrow to get our tomatoes, herbs and annuals. I have to be sure not to do too much (if anything at all).

Have a great Friday evening,
Judy
Closed Thread