Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #1  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Default One more Newbie to add to the mix

Hello All

I've been reading quite a few posts for a couple of months now and I thought I'd join in the group.

My name is Emily and I live in the great state of Texas in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We are actually starting to get some Fall-Like weather so I am totally loving it. I just turned 29 and have been married for just over 1.5 years - we are DINK's and plan on having children in the next 2-3 years.

I've started and stopped many diets in the past few years. I've tried Atkins, South Beach, and WW (meetings). South Beach works pretty good for about 5-6 weeks and then I just stop. The first time I tried WW I did pretty well but the meetings & point-counting got pretty tiresome. But, nevertheless, I am ready to give it another whirl. However, this time I do not plan on joining to attend meetings.

My latest dieting debacle started about 2 months ago when I started South Beach again. I was 190 (about a size 14) and managed to lose about 13 pounds in about 5 weeks (my 12's were fitting again). I've gained about 6 of those pounds back so now I'm ready to go wtih WW again. My goal weight is about 160-ish (size 8/10). I got down to a size 10 before I got married and I miss that feeling

I am also the proud new aunt (call me Auntie Em - lol) of twin girls

I look forward to posting and "meeting" all of you

Thanks!

Em
Old 10-25-2005, 03:04 PM   #2  

Default Auntie Em!

LOLOL - that'a riot! Well, welcome back. I'm just getting back as well, but with quite a bit more to lose. I think you'll do just fine. And this site is very helpful - most people are very encouraging. I'll keep looking for your posts!

Radiodoll

Last edited by radiodoll; 10-25-2005 at 03:05 PM. Reason: signature is wrong
Old 10-25-2005, 11:35 PM   #3  

Auntie Em,
Welcome!
I am glad you joined us in our journy. I look faroward to seeing your posts in the future.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 AM   #4  

Hi! I just started doing it at home too after quitting meetings - I just can't handle the peer pressure! As for smaller clothes fitting - I sort of started watching what I was eating again (roughly counting points) last week and I was able to zip up my 14's again. Considering thats pretty much all I own and I can't afford new clothes, it was back to WW!

Good luck and congrats, Auntie Em!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/ticker/150

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome Em!! What's a DINK? Glad you're here and I look forward to posting with you. Congrats on the Twin girls, your sister must be exhausted! I have a 15mo old daughter and I'm tired with the one! (Have a 17yr old too, but that's a whole 'nother story).
Lynne
Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #6  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Em, Welcome! I am Kelly ....and getting ready to move to the Big great state of Texas! I found out we should be coming in March/April to the Corpus Christi area! As for your dieting story....girl sounds like so many of our stories! I thought I was reading my own story however, when I saw the numbers I knew it wasnt mine for I havent been that low in a long time.
Congrats on those new girls! Whew she has got to be tired! Welcome to the group and keep us posted on your progress. Youve picked a great bunch!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM   #7  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

tchrnow - DINK is Double-Income-No-Kids Cute, huh? I didn't know what it was either until I found I was one (lol)

Have a great weekend everyone

em
Closed Thread