Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 10:44 AM   #1  

Default Hoping for help

I am trying to decide which diet plan is going to be best for our lives. I am thinking WW.

My questions are:

1. Can this be done without going to meetings?
2. Is it possible to get all the info online to know that you are following this WOE correctly?
3. Is it possible to lose if you are eating the prepared meals twice a day?

My husband and I are going to be apart for 3 months so that means that many of his meals would be cereal for breakfast with fruit and the meals for lunch and dinner with fruit.

We both have lots of weight to lose. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Shanna
Old 05-31-2005, 02:35 PM   #2  

Hi Shanna!

I bought the weight watchers at home kit about 4 weeks ago. I started my 5th week yesterday and have lost 8.5 pounds. You get everything you need. You even get a pedometer and a 1 yr subscription to WW magazine.

At the end of my 3rd week i had gained 1lb.. was a bit bummed but stuck to program and lost 3 this past week, so it does work!!!

GO FOR IT!!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 05:12 PM   #3  

Shanna

I did WW for a long time and did it at home. (lost 20 lbs) I didn't have time to go to the meetings.

I will give you all the "pointers" that I learned (and can remember).

You can go to your local WW and buy the books....definately get the calculator it is a must. Mark everything in your cabinets with point values.
WRITE everything you eat down!! (prior to eating it...you may laugh but I have had friends that would eat then write it down and couldn't figure out why they were always over there points and not losing weight). Another thing you can get at WW is the bars...I would have one for breakfast (banana and oats i think it was). However, they are expensive and you can eat other things cheaper for the same points. Like fruit.

I didn't do the flex points. To me that was a free ticket to cheat.

Let me give you a couple of websites:

www.aimeesadventures.com I could not have done WW without it. She knows how to eat a lot on very few points...and my kids liked it too. I know this website will help you BUNCHES!!!

www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp This website lists alot of restaurant menus with point values

www.***************.net/restaurants/index.html Another restaurant guide.

www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ This one is when you just can't find the food you are looking for

Hope this helps some
Old 05-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #4  

One more thing....JELLO!!! I ate my weight in sugar free jello...LOL
Old 06-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #5  
Race Mom

Hi! I'm new to this site . I'm doing WW at home I have all the material and it works!! I started May 2 2005 and to date I have lost 12 lbs!! Two things I've learned are don't eat 2 hours prior to going to bed and walk 30 min. at least 5 days a week!! Good luck Dona
Old 06-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #6  
Color me Skinny

I've done weight watchers off and on for a few years now ~ the first time I did it I lost 25lbs w/in just a few months and didn't find it all that difficult but this time around I am finding it a bit more so, however hrlyhny721 your tips were great!! I don't think I would of ever thought to put the points on the food in my cubbards but what a time saver!

I've never bought the at home kit, how I always ended up doing it at home was I'd start to go to the meetings and I'd either find them pointless or didn't have the extra $40 a month to go so I'd do it at home. That's where I am now ~ I do find online support invaluable and I enjoy writting in my blog, it keeps me modivated and I've found several friends that way

Best of luck to you!
Old 06-12-2005, 04:14 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im not a meeting kind of person, so I joined online and its working wonderfully!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #8  
banned

1. Can this be done without going to meetings yes
2. Is it possible to get all the info online to know that you are following this WOE correctly? yes
3. Is it possible to lose if you are eating the prepared meals twice a day? yes but not a good idea
Old 06-27-2005, 07:17 PM   #9  
Lucyee

Hi! everyone, I planned on maybe trying the LA Weight Loss plan that my girlfriend was on. I even left a few messages, on the LA weight loss thread. The girls there were so nice to me. However, I went to the Dr's tonight and she said she prefers WW for me. I have always been a WW and have tried other plans, from time to time, but I think she is right. I will apologize to the girls, on the other thread. I want to try ing WW at home, since I am retired because my Bank, where I worked for 20 yrs. was bought out by another Bank. With all the stress, my weight loss is going nowhere, right now. I know that I must get started again. My legs and joints are giving me a lot of pain, with this added weight. So here, I am. Hope to give and get some good support. Thanks, Lucy
Old 06-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #10  
Back on Program!

Welcome Lucy, you will find lots of support here!! Happy to have you!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:20 AM   #11  
Lucyee

Dear Rachel, Thanks so much, for welcoming me. I hope you have a good day. I started filling out my food journal today. Yeah!! Congrats on your weight loss. Happy to meet you, too! Lucy
Old 06-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #12  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi girls...I just got my info yesterday.....and I have started counting my points today. It is a learning experience. Does anyone use their exercise points earned? OR do you just figure...more cals burned? I am going to chuck e cheese tonight for a bday party and wondered (getting the salad bar and have that part planned out) if I should use them....use my flex.....? whatcha think?
Old 06-28-2005, 07:50 PM   #13  
banned

i know i use some of my ap's on the weekends bc there are certain foods im not giving up and 35 doesnt seem like enough so yea i use some cuz i earn like another 35 at least.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:18 AM   #14  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

[
Dont forget www.DWLZ.com Dotties weightloss zone...there is a plethera of info here too!

I didn't do the flex points. To me that was a free ticket to cheat.

Let me give you a couple of websites:

www.aimeesadventures.com I could not have done WW without it. She knows how to eat a lot on very few points...and my kids liked it too. I know this website will help you BUNCHES!!!

www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp This website lists alot of restaurant menus with point values

www.***************.net/restaurants/index.html Another restaurant guide.

www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ This one is when you just can't find the food you are looking for

Hope this helps some [/QUOTE]
Closed Thread