Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #1  
Faded Like The Stars

Smile Here Goes...

I recieved my Weight Watchers at Home kit today, I start tomorrow morning which is a bit scary!

Im a really picky eater so im a bit worried about what Im going to eat but the recipies in the 1st guide seem quite nice so im sure i'll find something. I havent really prepared anything yet, I have a Chicken Chow Mein weight watchers meal in the freezer for lunch and i'll have porridge for breakfast but im so afraid I wont make the amount of points i'll need a day which is a bit scary for me! I think i'll plan my meals in advance so i know what I need to get and to be prepared and to make sure I have enough points etc.

My starting weight is 81kg or 178.5 pounds and im hoping to lose 21kg or 46.2 pounds by mid-December or at least be very close! My first mini goal is to lose 5kg (11 pounds) and my second is to lose 8.1kg (17.85 pounds) the end of august, that will be 10% of my current body weight. Im aiming to lose about 3kg a month, a reasonable aim so Im hoping I wont lose faith in myself like I usually do!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #2  

You can do it!!!!! I planned my meals my first week (just finished and have lost 4.5 lbs) that way i knew not to go over my points.

You can do it!!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

Welcome, I am not a real good food planner, but I try to write down each point as I go or eat, We seem to have about the same weight loss goals . So keep in touch and remember" Never trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment." Very wise and helpful words I learned on this forums.
Good luck
Stacey
Old 05-10-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  
Faded Like The Stars

Smile

Thanks guys Ive written down my plan for tomorrow, seems like a huge amount of food and a lot more than i used to eat so thats cheering

Had a 6 1/2 point pizza for tea with some salad. It was soooooooo yummy i will definitely have to make it again and its left me feeling very full and content which is also great too!

Thanks for all the comments, helping each other we can suceed!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:12 AM   #5  

Welcome and good luck! We will give you all the support you need!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/139/140

Hi and welcome. This board is what keeps me on track on the days I want to sway. I had to plan my meals in the beginning and try to get the chore done when it comes to the weekends. I seem to have more time on the weekends even though I should be very busy to think about food more. I do remember how I seemed to be hungrier in the beginning of the plan. It took a couple of days and I tapered back off. I was eating probably as much as my husband at a meal. (That was real attractive). Anyway, water did seem to curb some of those hunger pangs. We all have our faultering moments, but that's what everyone here is for. So...get to it tomorrow knowing we all are with you!

Darlene
Old 05-11-2005, 09:03 AM   #7  

Default Some food ideas

I have found that taking chicken breasts and cutting them in half so they are thinner, then poaching them in chicken broth and a little white wine and garlic keeps them moist. I do a whole package, then keep them in a bag in the fridge for the week. My sons like them just served that way with the usual meal ingredients.potatoes, bread, vege(I nix the bread for me.) I also use them to make lowfat chicken salad sandwiches, put on top of a salad, and chop them up for wraps, chicken burritos, etc....When I do that, it keeps me from just grabbing any old thing on crunch time days.
Another thing I recently bought but have not used is a seal a meal. I think that if I can cook up a couple of lowfat dishes in large enough quantity and freeze in portion sizes, then I will at least have a back up plan. Having a back up plan seems to be the key area I mess up. Too much flying by the seat of my pants.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:01 AM   #8  
Faded Like The Stars

Pre-prepared meals sounds good, i will have to have a look at doing that! Today wasnt too bad, managed to have the 22 points im supposed to have and wasnt very hungry at all today. Didnt drink very much water though... I know I should be sometimes I just forget or a cup of tea is much more appealing. Plus getting up to go to the loo every half an hour at work isnt really the best either... But I will try, I know its for the best and the constant loo trips should lessen over time.

Still to do my plan for tomorrow but we are having lean beef burgers with wedges for tea (a recipe from the week one book) which looks nice and is something to look forward to. I'll have a look through my books and find some food that can be frozen so i'll have meals handy that will help keep me on the straight and narrow! That seal-a-meal sounds good, i wonder if there is anywhere I can get it in Australia???
Closed Thread