Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 11:41 AM   #1  

Default One more time - :)

Ok, I've messed around long enough and decided to GET WITH THE PROGRAM today.

I've been doing WW at home and lost almost 90 lbs (all time high over 350) and I've gained back 28 - UGH. SO...before I hit 300 again - which I SWORE I'd never do - I am hopping right back on!

I'm doing the points WW - too scared to mess with what worked last time so I'll give myself credit for not gaining back ALL the weight although I'd like to beat myself up for gaining ANY of it...

I have a goal of hitting 268 by 7/4 (about 30 lbs) and I know it's a lot in a little bitta time but I'll get close to my mark.

Now I need to get my "head" in the right place - any help from you terrific folks would be just awesome!
Old 04-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Default Good for you for doing it again..me too!

Hi Houndlvr1 (we have a hound dog, a beagle, who keeps sniffing around so it's hard to get in a good walking rhythm when walking him!).

I came to this thread because I am starting over, too, at my highest weight right now and have to get back with WW since it's the only thing that worked for me...I'm a Lifetimer but it's too embarrassing for me to keep going to the meetings because I'm always above my goal so I am going to start the at home program. The best advice I know is the advice I gave years ago when I got to goal weight and that is not to give up...no matter how many obstacles come your way or how slow the process is...we have to keep following the program, even if we go over points one day, we can compensate the next day or so. This is the advice I have to tell myself too! Also, just focus on small goals for now like one or two pounds lost a week because sometimes it's too overwhelming when we think in terms of more than that...and if we lose more than that, it's a bonus! Good luck to you!
Old 04-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #3  
BJ3

We should start a "starting over club"! I lost 50 lbs with ww at one time. I have gained back every pound and 25 more. I have started over so many times I've lost count. I'm determined to stay with it this time, and somehow it just feels different so I will.
Musicgal, my problem in walking the dog for exercise is that he stops and pees on every tree so there is not much exercise between stops. I have started going to the exercise room in our subdivision every day for a minimum of 3o minutes. You really shouldn't be embarrased to keep going to meetings just because you stopped losing for awhile! Ask sometime how many people in there are lifetime members who are starting over. In my group there are more people like us than others!
houndlvr1, at least you didn't gain all of your weight back like me and more - so trust me your doing better than someone (me). Just hang in there day after day and that 30 pounds will be gone before you know it.
Good luck to both of you!
Old 04-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #4  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

You guys are all great. I lost 60+ on WW quite a few years ago and it's all back, except maybe a couple. I think I started that time at 202 and this time at 198.5. I'm excited to be doing the program again, but do get a little, I can't think of the right word, looking at the time it's going to take. I know it will work, it's just looking at an average of 2 lbs. a week, it's 30 weeks to get back down there. But, I can only imagine where I'd be in 30 weeks without doing the program so I'm doing it.

We have a beagle too, impossible to walk with unless he can be loose and you follow him. He listens best to my husb. so he has to be there, too. Our treadmill is dying, the belt slipping or something so we have started to walk outside. Thank god it's spring. need to get a new one. I got one of those portable dvd players and watch movies on the tread. I really miss that, cause I can watch all those chick flicks my DH won't!

I'm all for the starting over club. At the meeting I went to the 4 of us who stayed to learn the new program were all returns. So, at least we're returning, that's half the battle right?!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:29 AM   #5  

Default I am doing it AGAIN too!

I am going to attempt this again as well, my first day today. My sister joined this time last year and she lost 35lbs and kept it off so far. I am soooo tired of this trying to get healthy thing, I never stick to it. I have tried and tried. Spring is here, I have a wedding to go to in July. I am going to make that a goal date for some weight loss. I hope I can do it this time, I have to set my mind to it, nicer weather is here and I bought shoes almost a month ago and used them once for walking. I have an MP3 player w/ all my favourite songs ready to use.
It's official, Wednesdays are my weigh in days!!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck (I NEED IT)
Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #6  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

good luck, Kymgru!

taking that first step is tough! You're on the right track
Old 04-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/137/128

Height: 5 ft. 4.5 in.

Smile Finished my first week with WW At Home

Hi gals! Just finished my first week at home and got rid of 3.5 lbs. I did the flex plan last week but I think I'll try to do the core plan this week because I think I can do better on it.

Kim, I want to get one of those digital audio players (MP3?) also. The CD players are too big and you have to keep changing CD's...those new ones give you more flexibility since you can download many different songs in any order. My DH got one as a company gift but DYS - Dear (or Darn!) Younger Son - took it over!

Anyway, good luck everyone. As Tom Petty sings, "the waiting is the hardest part"!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:24 AM   #8  

You guys sound just like me. I too did well on WW and lost 45 pounds a few years ago and have now gained it all back plus 21 more. ACK! I don't even loke to go out anymore as I may run into someone I haven't seen in a while!!! Again ACK!!!. Program should be here Monday! Can't wait to get started. My stuff is soooo old! You go ladies!!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #9  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

way to go musicgal!

good luck davebecca!

my goal this week is just to journal and try and drink my water. try to stick to the prog. I've been struggling, but still doing better than I was off prog.
Closed Thread