Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 09:40 PM   #16  
GARDENING ADDICT

Pat~~~ "So when you...blah,blah,blah" ~You are too funny! I had a great day today. I got in all my water, had a good upper body workout and have stayed with the BFL diet all day including a protein shake that was wonderful. I plan to get up 30 min early tomorrow(3:45 ) before work and get my aerobic session done. Wish me luck!!

Ya'll have a great weekend.~~~Sil
Old 05-19-2001, 04:34 PM   #17  

I'm here, I'm here. Yes Sil I am doing well also.

Day 3
Have drunk all my water. I can't say that it's a habit yet but it's definitely on the path to the front of my mind instead of always being in the back of my mind.

Can't say that I've been that great with my food but I seem to be back on track today. Skipped my meeting this week because my weight was up so much I didn't want to get discouraged. I know I will drop it this week and then some.

I'm running out to work so I'll catch up with everyone later. It's beautiful in NJ today. They say it will be the same tomorrow.
Old 05-19-2001, 08:14 PM   #18  

HELLO GANG.....

It's been awhile...I've been around, but not focused, been busy a little, then babysitting, then the virus for two days, then DH had it too....so been a little out of sorts...but all is well.

I have a little catching up to do...read all the new threads and to let you know how behind I was I was still in the last one.

Jenny so sorry to hear things are tough for you with your daughter...you've been in my thoughts and prayers continually...hang in there tough, depression can be difficult to handle I'm sure...perhaps you can get some suggestions and help online in some chat room...I've found often that can be very helpful...also
there is a book I just bought that I think might just be helpful to you...it's called "Hold Me Close, Let Me Go: A
Mother, a Daughter and an Adolescense Survived" by
Adair Lara...you can get it on Amazon.com...I just thought that it might be of interest to you.

Everyone else....I will write again, but DH wants to watch a movie, now if he had called it a date I might have liked the idea lol lol...and it's a war movie, I'm thrilled, lol, but I will the wonderful wife that I am lol, and watch it with him...darn I'd rather be here lol, just don't tell anyone.

Love all those wonderful pics that you all keep using they are great....see you all Monday.

Carla
Old 05-20-2001, 08:03 AM   #19  

Good Morning All,

I had a good day yesterday. I actually did something for myself and had my hair cut. It was way overdue. It was a beautiful day outside and it was just one of those overall good days. The kids had fun and Steve and I relaxed some and got some work done. I usually don't work Sat. but I helped my boss out. It wasn't busy but my boss gave me great tables so I made a lot of money didn't work hard and even got out early. Hoping today brings more of the same.

Day 4 of my Habit Changing Challenge
Drank all my water yesterday. I'm off to have some water right after I finish this.

Carla-It's nice to see you. Sorry you were sick. You are a good wife. Did you make it through the entire movie. I try but with war and action flicks I usually fall asleep. I know what you mean about being busy it's been getting hectic around here. I don't know how much I'll be around the beginning of June.

Pat-Thanks for the water tips. I'm doing well with it. I never thought of sugar free hot chocolate. I do ok with drinking the cold stuff I just don't do well when I'm feeling cold. The weather has been so crazy. In the last month we've had the air conditioning and the heat on several times.

Sil sounds like you are doing great. My friend just started the same program. I've been trying to get her to come to the website without luck. Maybe I'll get her to join us and you two can compare notes.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-21-2001, 08:27 PM   #20  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Wow what a weekend. Sunshine Friday night and Saturday Morning, followed by rain all the rest of the day Sat. Woke up to sunshine Sunday, grilled out for dinner, and then battened down the hatches as a wind/hail/snow storm arrived around 6:00pm. How nuts is that.....?

Carla - you are a good wife. I usually have to watch those movies with my eyes closed. I can't stand the sight of blood (no nursing for me, huh Sil?). Since we got the digital cable here My husband and I are catching up on all the movies we missed over the last, well we've been together for 6 years, so I'll say 6 years.

Sharon - it sounds like you are doing well. Don't you just love days where everything seems to go your way...?

Jenny - I hope you are doing well. I think about you and your daughter a lot during the day. Funny - I think about the people in this web site at work....must be my job is getting boring. LOL.

If you guys get a chance...I took a stab at something new this weekend and I made a web page on my AOL account. If you want to look at my page here is the URL:

http://hometown.aol.com/silbersnerds/index.html

I hope you guys get a kick out of it.
Pat

Just for fun I attached this image

Old 05-21-2001, 10:20 PM   #21  

Pat ... just a quick reply to your web site....it's great...love the photo's...now I have a great visual of you...you attractive lady you!!!

Thanks for sharing...I loved it!

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Carla
Old 05-22-2001, 09:15 AM   #22  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hello Ladies

It looks like I have some catching up to do here.

Carla~~~Nice to see ya back on the board. I miss you when you're gone. Sorry to hear that you were sick again~hope you are better now.

Sharon~~~ Good for you on your behavior changes! This is DAY 8 for me and so far I have been doing good. Let's keep it up, we can do it!!!!!
have you been doing the "3 weeks to a new you", also. Good for you for doing something for yourself.

Jenny~~~ Just to let you know that I'm thinking about you and I hope that things are going smoothly.

Pat~~~ First off, I just love your homepage. You did a great job. I didn't know that you were so adept at the computer I love the pics and it is so nice to finally be able to put a face to your name. You are a lovely woman and it looks like you are having a great time.

I received my class assignments and have been working on them. It takes some time because there are so many links/channels to so much info. Thanks so much for letting us know about the site

Today is also day 5 of my BFL challenge. I have stuck to the program 100% except the abdomenal crunch exercises (bad cramps w/TOM ) On this program you do a 20 min aerobic session every other day, with the other days being either an upper body or lower body workout. But I think that I'm going to do the aerobics everyday to speed up my metabolism.
Thursday is my FREE DAY and I can eat whatever I want. It makes a great reward for doing so well all week. And then you are ready to go another week OP.
I'm will to give this a try. I know the exercising will help as that has been an extreme weakness of mine. (hopefully this will be another behavior change for the better )

Everybody have a great day and remember to do something for yourself.
~~~Sil
Old 05-22-2001, 08:28 PM   #23  

Default The challenge

I have been thinking about the behavioral challenge. There are so many things I would like to change, one of the biggest being not eating at the table. I eat on the couch, while I'm reading... mindless and not enjoyable. Besides, I know that it's all about eating for reasons other than hunger.

It's such a crutch for me right now, I don't think I would successfully change it all at once, but I am willing to commit to eating breakfast at the table, doing nothing but eating. And once a week, I will serve supper at the table and eat there whether my husband does or not. What a bad habit we've gotten into! I've noticed when we go out for meals, I am much more in control of how much I eat. I expect eating at the table will be the same, since eating can be quite boring unless I'm hungry.

We also adopted a baby last October and I am concerned that we are not in the habit of eating together. Right now, my husband's job is such that we spend a lot of time together, but if his job was to change, we wouldn't have the habit of eating together in place to make sure that we all connected at least once a day. So I am eager to make this change, as painful as I expect the process to be. 21 days, huh? Well, here goes - I'll mark the days off on my calendar.

Glad to hear the challenge is going well for shasea and sil.

Jodie
Old 05-22-2001, 09:58 PM   #24  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Carla and Sil - I just wanted to thank you for the kind words. But I will tell you that I am not as adept at computers as you think. AOL has a great program for making your web page on their site. They made it pretty easy to accomplish. And yes, I was having a great time. Those pictures are from the hotel in DC I was staying at that was a five star, valet parking, turndown service with chocolates on your pillow, hotel. So I has having fun. The pool table was in the bar downstairs and the guy with me is my co-worker here in Colorado.

Sil - I am glad you are taking the three week course. I also noticed that it takes a while because of the several links you have to go to. Just wait til you get to the sex goddess part on the 4th lessons. It is a hoot.

Sharon - keep going on the water drinking. Sounds like you are going to get there this time.

Jodie - good to hear from you again. Just remember one change at a time is better than none at all. Acknowledgement of the change you want to make is definitely the first step.

Dena - If you are out there I wanted to tell you I ordered a Tai Chi video and it should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to try it.

For anybody I missed - hope youare having a good day.

Pat

Old 05-22-2001, 10:52 PM   #25  

Sitting here yawning lol...but just wanted to say a quick hello to Jodie...didn't realize you had adopted a baby in October, I'm sure you must have said it before, but sometimes reading the boards every several days and responding I find myself rereading them many times for information to seap into the 'ol brain'....please refresh this senior memory....tell us about this wonderful occassion....it has a special meaning to me, would love knowing all about it.

You know, many times our lives today are so mixed up, busy and perhaps we even become lax....and mealtimes, once so important have taken a step aside.
But spending a moment together is important...making a cup of coffee with a special dessert even is just as important sitting together....so find other ways to make that mealtime moment...especially with a young child, or even teenagers and dog lol, who make more noise in my house then 10 kids...lol..it can be frustrating.

Just make a small moment count....that's what's really important....ok I said my peace for the day....and now I say niters....see you all in the morning.

Carla
Old 05-23-2001, 08:55 AM   #26  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Water-filled Wednesday ! ! ! !

It's good to see the thread is picking up again
This DAY 5 of my Body For Life (BFL) challenge and DAY9 of my behavior change. So far, doing great

Jodie~~~ I know what you mean about not eating at the table. I have always loved to eat while reading a good book or watching TV at night (popcorn, chips,etc). It does become a bad habit. One that I have been trying to work on also. I applaud you for thinking ahead about your family dynamics. You are right about us getting away from the daily family dinner together, where we shared things about our day and what was on our minds. I especially remember the wonderful Sunday dinners my mother would fix.

But now lives have become hectic and even the kids have busy schedules with school,sports,scouts,etc. What Carla said made good sense~making efforts to share the moments.

Pat~~~I'm gonna work on the rest of lesson 2 today. Sex Goddess? That would take a miracle

Sharon~~~ Don't forget to drink your water today

A special hello to Jenny, Carla, Jody, and Dena Hope I didn't forget anyone.

I'm off to do my aerobics!
Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 05-23-2001 at 09:11 AM.
Old 05-23-2001, 11:03 AM   #27  

Good Morning All,

BUSY BUSY just had the plumber leave and then we have an exterminator coming this afternoon because Ugh! I think we have termites. I was real upset then talked to a lot of people and realized unfortunately that they are very common.

Now to the good stuff. Yesterday was my anniversary and hubby surprised me and took off. He also gave me a watch and a gold necklace. We weren't really going to celebrate on the actual day but I did manage to get someone to work for me last night and we all spent a nice day at our favorite mall. I did fall asleep at about 8:30 but hubby wasn't upset. He kinda expected it since Brielle had gotten up at 4:00am yesterday and stayed up for the day. I'll have to plan a babysitter this weekend so us adults can celebrate.

As far as program goes. I have a couple of real bad days and then I re-coop and have a couple of good days. Most days I drink the water but I haven't been consistrent so I'm going to start Day 1 again today. I want to get 21 days in a row under my belt. I was thinking that I should be stricter on my program because though I lose weight I need more discipline to eat even healthier and stop the binge days.

No I'm not doing the other program you all are doing. I barely have time to post here and diettalk and planning my eating and going to WW meetings. Though it does sound interesting and I wish you all great changes in your life. I'm still trying to find time to work on the Dr. Phil program.

Jodie-Jodie good idea just picking little segments of behavior and working on that. I believe that is the only way to really change for life. Eating only at the table and not out of a box, bag or pot is going to be my next behavioral challenge to myself. We have managed to have more dinners at the kitchen table together. But I also want to break my kids habit which I started of eating in the den in front of the TV. I say no more eating in the den and then I allow it again because it is easier for me and gives me some free quiet time. I have to make the commitment and give up that time and be consistent if it ever is going to change.

Sil-Sounds like youa are doing great. Yes I'm drinking my water today and I hope to get to 8 days in a row. I know I will.

Pat Thanks for your kind words. Sorry haven't gotten to your web page but can't wait since I hear such good things about it!

Hi to everyone else.
Old 05-23-2001, 02:28 PM   #28  

Default Update

Update No termites! Yeah! OK now I can call the mason to fix the crack in the garage floor. Talk to you later.

Sil Have 4 glassses of water in for today. No problem getting 8 in for today.
Old 05-23-2001, 06:59 PM   #29  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sharon~~~ Atta girl. I knew you could do it. I'm cheering for you.~~Sil
Old 05-23-2001, 09:16 PM   #30  
snerdlet

Default Howdy Partners

Sahron - Yeah, no Termites.... That would have sucked. We have the Orkin man who comes once a month to keep the spiders from coming back (Black widows). When we moved in to our house there was a whole colony in the garage. Ever since I saw them we have had a permanent exterminator. Ick!

Jodie - I agree with you about changing things one at a time. I, too, eat more in my bed or on the couch than at the table. In fact my table is littered with paperwork, mail and projects. Oh well, maybe that shoudl be my next goal....keeping the table clean so I can eat there.

To everyone else - have a great day.

Pat

Closed Thread