Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 08:46 AM   #16  

Karen - congratulations on the ground breaking ceremony and good luck with the challenges it presents. I think carrying around the bottle of water is a good idea. Do you have some kind of mints or gum you can have to keep your mouth a little busy? I find that if I have something pepperminty, I don't want something sweet.

Carla - I forgot to say "way to go Illinois" on electing Barak Obama. After I heard his speech at the Democratic convention, I thought to myself, he just might be president someday.

I should have taken my own advice last night and chewed some gum. I was very snacky and ended up having some chocolate that I have totally ignored for a week. I really believe that the sugar thing (plus PMS) is to blame. Explanation: one of the kids at school gave me a pumpkin shaped glass jar that was filled with candy corn. Tony has helped himself to plenty but for lack of a better place, it's been on the counter since last week. I know, I know, I should have emptied the candy corn into the garbage but I didn't. When I got home last night, I had a couple of pieces (really just 1 or 2) before dinner and a couple of pieces after dinner. I really think the sugar helped set me up for the later evening snack attack. My wneak peek was not good this morning, mostly I think because some of my snacking involved FF mozzarella which is pretty salty and my rings are ever so tight this morning.

Today should be better. I made a sandwich to bring for dinner tonight and will also pack a fruit for the way home. I plan on guzzling water todayto try to flush the sodium out of my system before weigh in tomorrow. I think I'll see a gain but I'm hoping it's just a small one (less than a pound).

One challenge over the weekend. We are going over to Krista's on Sunday for dinner. I don't have any idea what she is making but since yesterday was her birthday, I'm sure cake will be involved. I plan on earning a bunch of activity points in the morning and not going there hungry.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Good for you for working out your frustrations with a kickbocking video. Good for you. And good for you on the oatmeal bread and the milk. I also find that a glass of skim milk fills me up and keeps me from further snacking. And I really like milk, so it's no sacrifice to drink it. As for the candy corn - I always find it very hard to throw out candy that others have given me. How great that you can attend the workshop in place of the research abstracts. I hope it's interesting. And good for you for packing your dinner. As for "the smirk", I've gone from being sad to being royally pi$$ed off after listening to the bs about political capital and "I have a mandate". Um, I'd hardly call 51% a mandate. Oh and I hear you about skinny people just stopping if they don't really care for what they're eating. It's a habit I definitely have to learn. Enjoy your dinner at Krista's. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Karen - I'm going to have to check out that blog. Congrats on getting your pet project underway. I'll send you "be strong" vibes during the ceremony to help you stay away from the goodies.

I've been taking your suggestions and have been taking it easy. Oddly enough, I feel worse in the morning and early afternoon, and by the evening I have some pep back. That's the reverse of how it usuall goes. Of course, in the past, I've kept pushing myself in the morning and afternoon, so by the evening I was ready to collapse. All I really have to do today is deposit a check and pick up some groceries at the store, assuming that I just ignore everything around the house that needs to be done. I'm not sure yet what my challenges will be this weekend. Sunday John and I are going to a performance by a very popular local singer who does the songbook of Frank Sinatra. He's not so much a Sinatra impersonator as he is a Sinatra stylist, if that makes any sense. At any rate, I've heard he's fabulous and my BIL and SIL gave us a gift certificate to his show for Christmas, so we're finally using it. It's a matinee performance and we'll either be meeting BIL and SIL for drinks/dinner or having dinner with my mom. She's watching Ana for us and since she's been having back problems, I'm thinking we may want to get back to her house and have dinner with them, which will mean something take-out most likely. I'll just have to do the best I can.

Have a great day and, if I don't get back, a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 11-06-2004, 12:38 PM   #18  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I could join you. I am following WW on my own at home and would really like to join your very encouraging group. I just started on Monday and have a long way to go.

Jan
Old 11-06-2004, 04:29 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Jan - Welcome. We love to have new friends join us and we'll be glad to support you along your journey. We're a rather quiet bunch on the weekends, but I'll try to check back in again. Otherwise, we'll all pick it back up again on Monday.

carla
Old 11-06-2004, 08:14 PM   #20  
Canadian, eh?

Welcome, Jan! Nice to have you join us. The more the merrier.

It's a pouring wet miserable day. Mike and I spent the morning gathering ingredients for dinner. He's making a four course gourmet spread for dinner. It involves marinated calamari, porcini ravioloni with smoked scallops, and seared ahi tuna. I get to be the chief dishwasher. I'm going to have to spend some extra time on the treadmill tomorrow!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Karen
Closed Thread