Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 01:39 AM   #1  

Oh, I'll be right back after catching up.

Liza 195/189.5/140
Old 02-16-2001, 02:03 AM   #2  

Oh this group is going along very well. For the challange I only had a net loss of .5, but that was after the holiday 5 showed up. That is all gone, and I did get into the exercise routine.

I am feeling very motivated on my new lifestyle and lots of that motivation comes from here.

Thanks big bunches and see you on the St.Patrick's challange.

Liza 195/189.5/140
Old 02-16-2001, 08:33 PM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Friday Morning All

Liza~~~
Thanks for starting the new thread. Good for you for getting on track and having a positive attitude. Keep up the motivation

Jerri~~~ Congrats on losing 11#. Great idea about taking pictures along the way. You really have the right attitude about food and habits~~good luck on your trip and enjoy.

Pat~~~ Resisting See's Chocolate is truely a test and you passed with flying colors. I don't know if I could have done that. Good for you.

Sorry that I have'nt posted lately. I've been kicked off line alot lately. I think it might have something to do with having call-waiting on the same line as the computer. Sometimes when I get a phone call , the call-waiting trips the line.

I'm doing good~~lost 3 pounds on the V-Day challenge. Not what I wanted but I did break my plateau

Right now I'm going to tally up the V-Day weight loss and update the amount. Then I'll start a St. Pattys Challenge that will offically start on Monday, so be prepared for that, guys.

Everybody have a great weekend and stay OP.
~~~Sil

[This message has been edited by 2BFIT1 (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 08:43 PM   #4  

Hi everyone,

Sorry that I haven't been around much. I'm still thinking of all of you and sending you good thoughts to stay OP.

I'm not sure how much I'll be around but I'll try to check in when I can. I actually started therapy this week to get to the bottom of some of my issues. I was thinking a lot about what Dr. Phil said in terms of addressing the emotional component of eating. So I thought I would try this out. I had my first session yesterday and it was very emotionally draining! It feels a bit weird to be doing this but I'm determined to change my lifestyle for good this time. No more yo-yoing with the weight. I'm hoping that I'll shed some light about why I do the things I do. Good luck in the St. Patrick's Day Challenge!

JB
Old 02-18-2001, 05:25 AM   #5  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Evening!

JB~~~ Congratulations on meeting your goal and losing 7.5 pounds!!!! Good for you for taking a look at the issues that are bothering you. I hope it will be helpful. Please try to stay with us if you can. What ever you decide, pleas know that we will be here for support.

Lisa~~~ CONGRATULATIONS ON LOSING 15 POUNDS in the V-Day challenge. You are smokin'

Have a great weekend all
~~~Sil
Old 02-18-2001, 07:48 AM   #6  

Hi, Everyone!
It's a rainy Saturday here...a good time for Spicy Pasta soup..love that stuff!
On Valentine's Day, dh and I went out to dinner at Chevy's (mexican restaurant). I had lemon-rosmary infused chicken soft tacos, with garlic-herb tortillas..yes, yummy! Interestingly, there were 2 tacos, and black beans, and my first thought was, "is this all?" Know what? It was plenty! We did spluge on margaritas..tasted wonderful, btw. THEN, we went to the movies (Cast Away...great show!) and had NO, ZERO, NADA snacks! And, it was fine! Some of the lifestyle changes are really not that hard once you do them, that is what I am learning. Personally, I blame the fact that I have to re-learn this stuff on childbirth! Haha!

As for the fitness center, I have an appt. on Wed. morning w/ a trainer (they will meet w/ you once a month to work on your "program"). I just don't want to commit to a program that I'm not going to do..I want something really simple to get started (the wt. training), but I know it's important..and muscle burns more calories than fat, right?

Sil, Thanks for the pat on the back..I am thrilled w/ the 15lbs gone (actually 17 now!). I am glad you broke your plateau. It seems like the last few pounds can be the hardest to lose. How are you feeling? Are you still home from work?

JB, You are going in the right direction w/ therapy...good for you, taking action! (((JB))) big hug to you!

Liza, Getting into that exercise routine is a big accomplishment! My view is that the challenges are fun, but there are so many lessons learned on the way that the numbers on the scale are only half the battle. You go, girl!!
(oh, how is that yoga tape? would you recommend it?)

Dena, 44.5lbs!! You are doing great! And I love your attitude about non-supportive people.

Pat, Good going w/ the chocolate! I had to throw out the leftover cookies from my son's party...didn't belong in my house! I did find out that 3 little boxes of mini M&Ms are 5 points!

Happy President's Day weekend, everyone!
Lisa

[This message has been edited by Momof2boyz (edited 02-17-2001).]
Old 02-18-2001, 10:18 PM   #7  

HI everyone,

I am new and i just wanted to say hi. I have tryed ww so many times but i am hoping this will be the last time. I need to lose about 30 lbs. I have lost 30lbs with ww before and now it is time to do it again. I hope i can do it with the support of this group.
Old 02-19-2001, 01:03 AM   #8  

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Sunday! Looks like we're off to a wonderful start for our St. Patrick's Day Challenge. I'm excited! I know we will do well, too.

Welcome, ncmom, glad to have you on board. You will definitely lose weight with our great support group here! Weight Watchers is a good plan to follow!

Momof2boyz, congrats for going out to dinner and doing so well! That spicy pasta soup sounds yummy. Is it hard to make?

Sil, I've been have a hard time getting on the message boards, too. It actually says that I'm not registered half the time, when I really am. What's up with that?LOL It used to have my name and password automatically typed in for me, but now I have to type it in every time. Is that what everyone is doing? And where it says private messages, I now have an X over a little box. I thought I used to have a light bulb. I don't get it.

I've been tempted lots of times this week and wanted to give in to each temptation, but kept thiking what Dr. Phil said on Oprah, "Are you really hungry enough to eat, or is something eating you." And each time there was something eating me. How about that?! I drank water or exercised instead.

Have a great day, everyone!
Good luck this week!
(Hugs),
Dena

Old 02-19-2001, 05:22 PM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Happy Monday Morning Everybody!!

I hope that everybody had a great weekend. Saturday DH and I went out for lunch and dinner~~made good choices but did have margaritas. Also saw "Hannibal" ~~~Oh my God! I love thrillers but this is the first time that I had to cover my eyes.
Sunday was spent with a fever, headache and nausea but today I feel normal and eager to exercise.

ncmom~~~Welcome to the group! I hope that you will feel comfortable here~this is a great group of women who are very supportive and friendly. Tell us alittle about yourself, if you don't mind.

JB~~~ Hope that you are doing well

Dena~~~
I'm not having the same problems online that you are. I'll send you a PM so you can see if that X affects your receiving messages.
The Spicy Pasta Soup was posted by snerdlet (Pat) on the recipe section under soup. It's easy and very tasty~I think I'll make some today.

Lisa~~~ Those tacos with garlic-herb tortillas sound absolutely wonderful. We don't have that restraunt here~wish we did.
I have my post-op visit (and x-rays) with the doc tomorrow, and I plan on returning to work March 2. I did too much raking in the yard the other day and realized that I better take it alittle slower. It feels so good when I'm out there but I suffer afterwards.

Well, everybody have a great day. I'll check in later today.
~~~Sil

------------------
"NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS"
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by 2BFIT1 (edited 02-19-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 07:55 PM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm nursing a cold for the last 3 days. I had to work 4 nights last week instead of two and also participated at my daughters school a couple of days. Just a very busy week especially with Valentines day in there. The funny thing is that I filled in for people who were sick and now I'm sick.

I haven't been making the best food choices. I go by that golden rule FEED A COLD FEED A FEVER~LOL! I'm also getting my period any day so that's a double whammy! I also haven't been drinking my water which would also help get rid of this cold.

So today water,water,water and good food choices.

There was some benefits to being sick. We got a chance to spend some nice family time together playing games with the kids and I even got to read quite a bit of my Dr. Phil book. Yesterday we built a fire and counted our jar of lose change and we have over $200.00. That's our vacation fund and I'm certainly looking forward to that.

ncmom-Welcome to our group. Everyone here is great!

JB-Are you going to join the discussion about Dr. Phil's book in the 10# group? I'm hoping to join the group.

Pat-I made the stew recipe that you posted and it was great. Thanks!

I too, have been having problems getting on the message board. I thought it was my computer.

Have a good day everyone!

Take Care,
Sharon

[This message has been edited by shashe (edited 02-19-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 12:57 AM   #11  

Good Afternoon Everyone

The train trip was awesome...it's an all day ride through the Algoma forest and highlands in Ontario, leaving out of Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. I recommend it for a relaxing experience if you are into nature.

I have good behavior and not so good behavior to report and 'fess up to. The bad is that my vacation from counting points was not so good in that I overate all weekend. I made good food choices overall, but the amounts were too much. The good part was though we were traveling with my inlaws who are constant eaters and snackers of junk, I turned it all down. I've discovered that except for a few things that I sincerely like, I don't even want the junk anymore. It doesn't even sound good. I haven't weighed myself, I will weigh in on Wednesday as usual and give myself a couple of days to drink water and get back on the plan. I think alot of how fat I feel today is being puffy from resturant food as well as overeating. If I can maintain I'll be pleased, but I do need a better plan for traveling, especially since we do alot with this family and it is a challenge to stay on plan with them. Packing my own healthy snacks would be a start.

JB: Congratulations on taking such a brave and big step! I firmly agree that behind a weight problem are two things: bad habits and emotional reasons that we have problems breaking the bad habits. I think you are doing a wonderful thing for yourself and I hope you don't mind if I am so forward as to give you a {{{hug!}}}.

Lisa: learning about childbirth again?? Did I miss something???? And congratulations on 17 pounds gone! That is so TERRIFIC!!! I was thinking about food triggers while reading your post, such as automatically having to get popcorn when you go to the show. It is a built in ritual by the popcorn and candy industries! No wonder we have to eat when watching TV, it is the movie ritual just changed over to the small screen. Even drive-in movies...hot dogs, ice cream, etc..pushed by advertising on the screen between reels. Congrats on turning this brainwashing away!

Sharon Hope you're on the mend soon!

ncmom Welcome!! I think that this is a wonderful place and I'm glad you're here with us!

I have had problems getting on the board occasionally also. Sometimes I type my post and it won't post and clear to the next screen. I even tried shortening the posts (I know I tend to get a wee bit wordy here)

Have a great OP day everyone!

Jeri

252/241 (I hope)/ 130
Old 02-20-2001, 01:30 AM   #12  

Hi everyone,

well I thought i would tell you all about myself since i joined your st. patricks challenge.

I need to lose about 30lbs. I lost 30lbs about 6 years ago with ww but gained it back a few years ago and have been trying to lose it ever since. I have been having a hard time losing it this time around. and i am hoping that joining this group will help me. The biggest problems i have with ww is drinking my water and tracking. I have really been working on my water because i know that will help me.

Now for the personal information: I am 34 ( don't tell anyone it is our little secret) I have 2 kids 7 and 4 and have been married for 11 years. I have lived in NC for 2 years.

that is all for now
bev
Old 02-20-2001, 06:44 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

WWgal, Welcome to the group
~~~Sil

[This message has been edited by 2BFIT1 (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 06:44 PM   #14  

Good Morning All,

Hope today is better than the last couple of days. They have been yucky. There is no other way to describe them. I think my cold is a little better and hopefully my mind will follow suit.

WWgal-Are you the same as ncmom? Or are there two new people from NC? Whoever you are, welcome and hope to see you often on the boards. This is a great site.

Jeri-I think Lisa meant since childbirth.

Lisa-Am I right or is there something I'm missing. But I figure you wouldn't be drinking margaritas if the later was true.
------------------
Take Care,
Sharon

[This message has been edited by shashe (edited 02-20-2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 07:23 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning

Sharon~~~I hope that you will feel better today. I started reading Dr. Phil's book also and I will be checking out the discussion on "10 pounds at a time" this Thursday.

Jerri~~~ It sounds like your trip was wonderful and I think you did very well in making good choices. You also are trying to improve with future trips which is great planning.

Carla~~~ I hope that all is well with you.

Ellie~~~ Are you back home from Florida and settled in yet? We miss you on the boards. How are you doing?

Dena~~~ I'm glad you got the PM. I'm with you~let's do good this week

My goals for today are to exercise and drink enough water. My afternoon is shot ~have to drive in to Atlanta to see the doc

Everybody have a great day
~~~Sil
Closed Thread