Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 08:13 AM   #16  

GOODMORNING ALL....lurking around...hehehe

Just stopped by to say hello...all is well, but with spring a little busy which I love as I'm feeling pretty good these days, and tired hitting the sleep early.

Today taking my little grandson for pictures, so excited about seeing him as always and hoping they come out good.

Think there's a little weight loss...maybe wishful thinking lol..but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Been reading about hypothyroid and slow loss another reason it might be taking me a bit longer, so I'm just giving it all I've got.

Good luck to everyone for continuing and giving it all they have.

Didn't personalize this morning, but just wanted to wish everyone a great hello. Will check in before weekend.

Carla
Old 04-26-2001, 09:08 AM   #17  

Default Spring Is In the Air.

Good Morning All,

I went back to meetings yesterday. Registration is free and I got a 10 week plan so the meetings are only $8.95 per week. It was a little too rah-rah for me but I'll try a lot of different meetings and find a leader I like.

I lost 3.5#s this week and am only 4#s over my low weight.

Everything is going well. Has anyone ever tried that herbal supplement Sam-e? Was wondering if it would help me even out my moods.

Sounds like everyone seems to be doing pretty well. maybe the spring is helping.

Well I'm going to drink my water today and eat within my point range. Actually below my point range because I went over yesterday. I'm nearing a lower point range soon and better get used to less points. Can't walk for a few days because of a bad knee but hope it will be better by the weekend.

Have a Good day All.
Old 04-27-2001, 08:26 AM   #18  

Default Good morning!

Good morning everyone!

Ladies, this is difficult, but I have made a decision. This will be my last post here. You have become good friends, and I thank you for your support.

For several years now, I have had a condition called Restless Leg Syndrome, a nasty sensation in my legs that makes them want to move, move, move. I have averaged 2/3 hours sleep at night, walked, rubbed, hoping to make it stop which it never does, sometimes for hours at a time. I've finally seen my Dr., he put me on a new medication, and it is working!!!!

I can't explain why I was able to sit at my computer for long periods of time, but I couldn't sit elsewhere. I now have so many things I want to do which I haven't been able to do for so long. I can sit and read, knit, watch TV, read my newspaper. All the nice things in life. I can also get into the car and ride for a whole day without a twinge. It has been such a blessing!

I'm not mad at anyone or anything, just need some time for me, rather than be on the computer. Please, be happy for me. I'll think of you often, while I'm living my life again. Tbis medication has made me free! Thanks again for your support.

For the last time.........TTFN........
Old 04-27-2001, 08:44 AM   #19  

Dearest Ellie....you will be missed....hope you'll come back once in awhile just to say 'hi'.

I can understand exactly how you feel...this is the first time in many years I've been feeling well myself, and have been doing so many wonderful things.

YOU GO GIRL...GET OUT AND ENJOY THE WORLD!!!

You'll always be in my heart, mind, though and prayers.

Love,
Carla
Old 04-27-2001, 10:04 AM   #20  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellie~~~ I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better and eager and able to enjoy all that is out there awaiting you!!!! So, get out there and attack those antique shows!!
But I am very sad to hear that you will be leaving the group. You will be missed very much!!!
I also hope that you will pop in occassionally to tell us how you are doing. I am counting on that, so I will not say "good-bye". Instead I will borrow your words (and icon) and say:
Old 04-27-2001, 10:10 AM   #21  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sharon~~~ CONGRATULATIONS on losing 3.5 pounds!!! You go, girl! That deserves a Happy Dance!!!
~~~Sil
Old 04-27-2001, 01:12 PM   #22  

Default Happy Friday, Everyone!!

Ellie, We will miss you, but I'm so happy for you that you can now go out and enjoy life again. I just saw something about that condition on TV. I'm so glad that you can take meds and turn things around. Take care and ENJOY your time to yourself!!

Sharon, CONGRATULATIONS on your marvelous weightloss. Excellent job!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 04-30-2001, 02:16 PM   #23  

Just stopped in to say hi. I'm doing ok. My back was out on the weekend but feels really good now. I do have a cold though which strarted last night. Haven't been getting much sleep as we have been playing musical beds with our youngest due to her allergies. Hopefully she'll feel better soon.

Went back to meetings Wed and just got back into eating OP today. Hoping to lose a bit or atleast maintain my last weight loss this week.

Well I'm of to work in the garden. That should give me a little exercise.

Ellie-If you are still lurking just want to say that I'm happy for you but I'll miss reading your posts.
Carla How did it go with your grandsons photo session. Did you get an instant proofr or do you have to wait to see them?

Jenny-Glad to see your daughter is getting counseling. Whatever she is doing it is good to get some help for yourself and family members. Alanon is a great program if no one has suggested it to you already I thought I might do so. If you want any info about it just pm me and I can share how it helped me.

Hi to everyone else.

Last edited by shashe; 05-02-2001 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-01-2001, 08:43 PM   #24  
snerdlet

Default howdy partners

Well it just won't be the same without you Ellie. You'll just have to drop in every now and again to say hello. We will miss you, but you go girl and have a great time....

Sharon - Congrats on that 3.5 lbs. That is so great.

I haven't been here in a few because we moved from Gateway to AOL and had a few (ha ha) problems along the way. Gateway is not offereing service as an ISP anymore so we either had to move to AOL or we had to find our own ISP. So we chose AOL. I am still trying to get used to it.

Other than that it doesn't seem like there is much going on here. I am hoping that means everyone is out enjoying good weather. Today was absolutely lovely here, 80 degrees, soft breeze and plenty of sunshine. I had my OP lunch outside and it was really nice. I went for a walk after work yesterday and the weather was so nice I thought I could go forever.....however my body let me know otherwise after about 30 minutes. Oh well.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Pat

Old 05-01-2001, 09:23 PM   #25  

GREETINGS ALL....

Haven't checked in lately...been under the weather...cold or virus of some kind....sore throat, headache, neck sore...so all this beautiful weather
and I'm feelin terrible lol...but shouldn't complain, I've
been lucky all winter feeling ok.

Finally dropped 1 1/2 lbs....broke that plateau again.
Coming along good...just nice to see my clothes getting baggy.

Just wanted to stop by and say hello...just took two tylenols for headache while I munch on some popcorn, but reading on the net is easier then communicating at this point. Will chat with you all again soon..take care.

Carla
Old 05-02-2001, 12:29 AM   #26  

Default Im Back

Hi , well i gained 2 lb... but have taken it off again so Im back at square one.

Lisa is doing well it seems and has resigned herself to the counselling once a week for 6 months which is a relief.
I dont really want to talk about it anymore, its still in my head but all has been said i think and I feel weary of the whole business. i fell i lived and slept it for the past couple of weeks .
Sorry to see Ellie has left , I get those ratty legs too especially in the evening watching telly.

I have to be honest and say Im not going to count points anymore but would still like to hang out here as i like you all to much to leave !!
I find cos everything is pointed I make to many bad choices and use up too many points on silly things that leave me going to bed hungry or going over on my points.
I have started back for the last few days on low low fat and high fibre eating.
I think this sets me up on a healthy guideline and it has worked and got me to 125lb in the past.
I know i could mix that with WW but it all becomes to much so Im just counting my fat fibre and calories.
i have "diet power" on my computer and have that set to 10% fat 30% protein and 60% carbs. 1250 calories.
I dont see a low fat high fibre forum and I am still weight watching in that Im watching my weight ,lol, hopefully go down!!

Nice to chat again.
Jenny
Old 05-02-2001, 12:53 AM   #27  

Do you know what I mean by everything is pointed,cos well of course it is, but.. does anybody else find that they feel this gives them permission to eat an chips or a meat pie or chocolate or cake etc......... and it gets be too much of a regular habit that gets away on them . This is what Im saying happens to me.
I know I will eat these things on occasion but I know they need to be rare occasions and not regular and running away with me.
I know before when i wasnt even at WW yet I used to know not to eat those foods as they caused me to gain and lose control and when i joined I was sooo excited and to be honest with you all a lot of that was cos i saw all those "naughty" things in there and felt permission to indulge and still lose.
I brought up the subject twice with my leader but both times she just said it was no problem to have biscuits or chips if thats what you crave and have 1 or a few chips... well i end up eating 1 of this and yes a few of that and then my points are gone very quickly on these snacks and I dont have the bulk in my tummy .
Am I the only one like this??
When I ate low fat before, after a couple of months I really did lose my taste for it and my mouth had a yucky coated feeling if I had cream or butter., and cos I was eating so much unrefined stuff, things like carrots and peas tasted so sweet!! The taste comes back though .....hmm ?
It was when id lost all my weight and didnt want to lose anymore (ha, can believe it) that I got cocky and thought I could get away with it

boy oh boy I am rabbling, lol.
see you later
Jenny
Old 05-02-2001, 10:52 AM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning Everybody (including the "lurkers")!!

Sorry that I haven't been around here lately. The past week I've been trying to do all the things that I couldn't do (in the yard ) before I had my surgery. My doc said that I could do them but I have found that my neck/shoulder muscles are not as strong as i thought they were. I pushed myself too far and became dehydrated and sore. Spent the better part of yesterday on the bed exhausted and absolutely no energy.
I feel better today but my goal is to get enough water and vitamins, eat right and get alittle exercise in the yard.

Carla~~~ I hope that you are feeling better today. Nothing is worse than feeling sick when the weather is gorgeous outside. Congratulations on losing more weight!!!

Pat~~~ It sounds like you are doing well and staying OP. I also enjoy eating my lunch outside at work in this wonderful weather. Work is so fast paced that it is relaxing and stress-reducing to get away from the craziness and re-coup.

Sharon~~~ Hope your back is better and you are getting enough sleep.[/b]

Jenny~~~ I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I am not counting points now, either. I have been doing it for so long that I automatically know the points for what I eat and just try to make good choices and keep the points down, without worrying about the exact total points.
I allow myself to have the occassional treat but mostly eat healthy. My weakest area has always been getting in enough water. Usually my intake is so little that it knocks out my thirst mechanism, and I don't drink anything. And then, of course, I don't lose weight.
I haven't been journaling lately, but I am starting again this week. Although I won't worry about the points, it does help to write down what I eat . This way I can look back and see if I have been making the right choices on a consistant basis.
So, like you said, we are still WATCHING our weight (hopefully in a downward trend ).

Well, it's time to get going for the day. I hope everybody has a great one!!!
~~~Sil
Old 05-02-2001, 05:14 PM   #29  

Thanks SIL
Old 05-02-2001, 07:16 PM   #30  

Hi Everyone!

Well, not only am I sick with the flu but got hit with poison oak. (That's what I get for going hiking!) I feel pathetic. Needless to say, I've lost my motivation. Just wanted to let you know what's been going on.

Sharon, thanks for your message.
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 05-02-2001 at 07:19 PM.
Closed Thread