Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 08:38 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 5/24 - 5/30

Carla - glad to hear that the burger and fries were satisfying. Happy (belated) Birthday to Ana! What a big girl she is. I'm sure the spaghetti was great and I hope you enjoyed the cake. How did the Polish buffet go?

I had a pretty good weekend. Friday night I came up with the suggestion to have Chinese food - I know part of it was because I wasn't planning on going to my meeting. Well, we had Chinese food and while I didn't pig out, I really had what I wanted. My sneak peek on Sat was frightening (water retention of course) and maybe that helped me stay OP over the weekend. I used FP's for sure but I still have plenty for the week. I did a really good strength workout on Saturday and was plenty sore yesterday. I got my school work done enough to go the ballet yesterday (which was lovely) but didn't get a yoga workout in when I got home as I had planned. There was a parade and street fair in Manhattan and it took me 2 hours to get home! I was going to do a yoga workout this morning, but set my clock for 5:30 pm instead of 5:30 am! Since I have class tonight (and have my first demo) and will get home late, that means no exercise today either. Oh well, best laid plans....

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/154.4/135 (last week's numbers)
83/240 workouts
Old 05-24-2004, 10:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - I'm glad to hear that you went to the ballet. Mmmm Chinese food sounds good. We ended up not going to dinner on Saturday - we'll do it this Saturday, so one last challenge to contend with this weekend.

I had a good weekend too. I had plenty of points for spaghetti and I indulged in birthday cake, not only on Friday, but the rest of the weekend as well. But, I weighed it (a first for me with b-day cake) and counted it and all is well. I did end up using some more flex points yesterday, mostly on snacking that was, of course, not necessary, but I still have 6.5 to get me through tomorrow, so I'll be fine. I made great ham and salami sandwiches for Ana's school program/picnic, with my salami and ham weighed out, thank you very much. And now I'm off to earn a few activity points by raking up the grass clippings in the yard. That is if it doesn't rain. Again. (We've had a lot of rain this weekend).

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-24-2004, 11:41 AM   #3  

Hi, Carla and Judy. It's great seeing your posts and knowing that I"m not alone struggling! I lost three pound this week, so I was pretty happy with that. I went out to dinner last night at an Italian restaurant with friends from my son's nursery school. I think I ate all my flex points last night! Today is a new day though. I have this week off from work. I'm having a lawn sale this weekend so I need to sort through my junk, and the kids toys, etc. We just had a terrible thunderstorm, but at least it cooled it off. Now I need to go sort. Have a great day.
Brenda
Old 05-24-2004, 01:37 PM   #4  

Carla - yup, the Chinese food was yummy and it was a long time since we had it. Way to go on all that weighing. I've weighed salami for (Yankee game) sandwiches before but never weighed cake - major pat on the back for that one!

Brenda - congratulations on that great loss. I really likeyour attitude about leaving yesterday where it belongs - in the past! Enjoy your week off from work!

I tend to have a problem with snacking after a late class so that's my challenge for the day - to eat dinner when I get home (aorund 8'ish) and have nothing more than 1 snack.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #5  

Well, as much as I know I have a problem snacking after a late class I did it again yesterday. I'm not sure why - my demo in class went very well- maybe I snack as a release from stress?? Doesn't make sense. Next time I should throw out Chinese leftovers 'cause that's what I had last night - late. needless to say my sneak peek was awful but I am firmly back on track today. I will eat fairly low point and plan on getting some cardio and yoga in after work (went to bed too late to get up early to exercise).

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-25-2004, 11:35 AM   #6  

Hi all.

Brenda - Congrats on a great loss! You're right, yesterday was yesterday and today is a new day. If you ate all your flex points, then so be it. You're off this week and you're getting ready for a lawn sale - you'll probably gain a few activity points so you can work around having no flex points left. Have a great week off!

Judy - Ah the snacking, the snacking. If we could figure out why we do it.... I too snacked last night on a sandwich. That's what I get for not having a proper dinner. Lucky that I earned a bunch of activity points yesterday raking the grass clippings. (I counted it as light activity, but I was out there for two hours, so it adds up.) I still have 4 flex points left and I won't go over that today no matter what. I think you may be on to something with your snacking as a release from stress.

My sneak peeks have been good, so I'm hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow. I'm closing in on two good OP weeks in a row and I know from past experience that if I make it through a third week, it will get easier. I will have some challenges coming up this weekend - we're doing that Polish buffet on Saturday (the challenge there will be to take it easy on the wine) and a block party on Sunday. I don't know yet if we're going to the block party. So I'll have to really behave early on and save as many of those flex points as possible. Time to start earning those activity points, too.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-26-2004, 01:40 PM   #7  

Hi all.

I'm happily posting a 1.4 loss today! I'm pleased because I ate dinner really late last night and was afraid that it would effect my trip to the scale. I was just getting ready to prepare a nice dinner of fresh corn on the cob, filet mignon on the George Forman grill and a salad when Ana got her finger slammed in a door. Three and 1/2 hours later we got home from the emergency room with her finger steri-stripped (thank goodness no stiches) and sporting a splint. Needless to say, the steak, etc. was put on hold. We ended up eating pizza at 11:30 at night. But it was the Tombstone lite and I had the points for it. Used up my remaining Flex Points on a glass of wine (highly necessary) and some snacking (not necessary, but I'm not beating myself up over it). Still I managed to end my week OP. And now I'm working towards a third OP week in a row.

Have a great day.
Carla
279.6/254.4/145
Old 05-26-2004, 09:32 PM   #8  

Carla - congratulations on that great loss!!! Poor Ana - I guess the splint means that her finger is broken? Hey, if you had the pizza, wine and a little snacking and still lost you did really great for the rest of the week! Way to go on working towards your third week OP!

I'm struggling to keep my week OP. It's 9:30 (after my class) and it's been an interesting day program-wise. There was a baby shower for one of the teachers this morning and I did OK - I had a few egg whites before I left the house (otherwise I figured I'd be starving) and half a bagel, a little cream cheese and some fruit and one little cookie at the shower. I had leftovers for lunch which were a little higher point than I usually have for lunch and I had a snack in class (I don't get out until 8) Tony played golf today and there was some sort of late luncheon so I figured I'd play it by ear when I got home while trying to eat low point. I had a nutricious kind of things for dinner/snack and if I stop now, I will not have used any flex points (I did an upper body strength workout during the gym period today. Given my snacking the last few nights, I'd like to keep it that way. Coming here and posting seems to be helping - still, I'm carving something sweet so I think I will pour myself a diet chocolate soda and leave it at that! The next challenge is to get myself to bed early enough so that I can get up early and exercise before work. I have a *ton* of school work and I'd really like to have a little free time during the upcoming holiday weekend.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - Did you make it through the rest of your evening without snacking? Sounds like you handled the baby shower really well. I have to say that being out of the work place has made staying OP a whole lot easier. Far fewer impromptu (or planned) temptations to deal with. Have you ever tried those Tastations hard candy to help with the chocolate craving? I haven't had them, but I hear they help. For me, I'm using craving a texture as well as a taste, if that makes sense. I'll be sending you anti-snacking vibes tonight.

I started off my week ok. I did use 8 flex points yesterday doing some snacking, but 27 left is still good. I hope not to use any more today or tomorrow, although I'm not going to tell myself I can't because that always backfires. I seem to be developing a "throw all caution to the wind" pattern on my weigh-in days which I'll have to work on next week. I think grazing throughout the day on lots of low point items and being sure to include protein often may help that.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-27-2004, 09:35 PM   #10  

Carla - I'm quite familiar with the ""throw all caution to the wind" pattern on weigh-in days. 8 FP's isn't bad - since my weigh-in day is Saturday, it fits in nicely with the weekend. Still, I've been known to go through 10-15 FP's on a weigh in day and that's something I want to address too. When I do that, I just end up playing a kind of catch up the rest of the week.

I ended up doing OK last night. I never got around to the diet chocolate soda - I found some leftover veggies and tossed them with a TB of Ken's Lite Caesar dressing - it was a good amount of food for just 1 point and it was pretty satisfying. I have heard of the Tastations and even have them in the house. I heard they stopped making the chocolate ones - I hope not. I've been doing OK today - I got up early and did a 1/2 hour power yoga workout. So far I've been reasonable with snacks as well as doing a good amount of school work. Time to go make lunch for tomorrow and get to bed early.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-28-2004, 10:44 AM   #11  

Hi all.

Judy - Good for you for sticking with the veggies and dips. I hear you about playing catch up when we use a lot of flex points on weigh in day. And I hate that feeling - it can lead to the "oh what the heck I might as well blow it" syndrome. I think I'm going to have to go out of my way to earn a ton of activity points on weigh-in day.

I had a good day yesterday and actually ended up one point under target, so I didn't use any flex points. I'd like to not use any today either, but it's already been a higher point morning. I went to Einstein Bros Bagels and asked for a bagel with reduced fat cream cheese on the side. That's high enough - 9, but good for a once in a while treat. However they gave me a bagel and schmear so now I have to add another couple of points. Of course, I could have scraped some of the cream cheese off.... Oh well, I really enjoyed it so I'll just readjust the rest of my day.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 05-28-2004, 11:44 AM   #12  

Carla - Great job on not using any FP's yesterday. I like the idea of trying to earn a lot of activity points on weigh in day. Good idea! I'm sure the bagel and a shmear was yummy. I'm joining you in what looks like a higher point day.

I didn't do as well as I would have liked last night. We had a low point dinner(ff hotdogs) and I did OK in the earlier part of the evening but then ended up snacking on some PB later on. That used a good number of FP's so now I only have something like 4 left. I have to earn a bunch of activity points when I get home because it is a food minefield here today. First, the PTA brought all the classes Krispy Kremes as a thank you for saving so many boxtops. M.B. and I split one - not too bad. We decided we didn't want the leftovers around so I brought them into the faculty room. There, spread out all over the table was "Thank You" bagels and pastries from the woman for whom we threw the baby shower! I did OK so far but at this point, I will have to earn some activity points just to have any snack after dinner. I think I will do a run/walk on the treadmill. Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow's weigh in - my sneak peak was awful but of course, I had a lot of salty things last night. I'll try to stop in over the weekend - maybe we can give each other some weekend inspiration!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 05-28-2004, 07:54 PM   #13  

Judy - I'm crossing my fingers for your weigh in tomorrow. Sounds like Weight Watcher's h*ll at your school today. When the company I used to work for was still very small, we did b-day cakes for each employee's birthdays. One of the SVP's used to request a fresh fruit platter rather than a cake for her birthday. I guess there's no mystery to why she didn't have a weight problem... Here's to a good weekend for the both of us.

Carla
Old 05-29-2004, 10:55 PM   #14  

Sigh. I didn't weigh in today. I ended up staying up a little late last night. I did some school work and then watched some TV. I did a little snacking but most of it was healthy. Anyway, I didn't go to sleep until very late and ended up sleeping through the meeting (probably mostly on purpose). I'm going to check out the center and see when they have a meeting later on this week. I'm taking Friday off (we're going down to Atlantic City; there's a fitness conference there on Sat & Sun) so maybe I can get to one first thing Fri morning before we head down.

I didn't do too badly at dinner tonight. I had a slightly naughty salad (with some brie cheese) but I had a broiled seafood platter (and specifically asked them to broil it dry). Unfortunately, on the way home, Tony and I picked up some coffee and Dunkin Donuts and we each had a donut. Sooooo, I've started my weekend again having used up 9 FP's. Oh well, I'm trying to drink a lot of water now - I'm very thirsty. Have you ever noticed how thirsty you are after you eat out? I think restaurants really load up on the salt.

I've gotten a good start on transcribing the interview with Anthony I did for school before we left for dinner. I did a pretty good strength workout earlier today and think I will do a yoga workout tomorrow morning.

Back to work - have a great weekend.
Judy
Old 05-30-2004, 09:20 PM   #15  

Judy - Good idea to try to find a time to weigh in later in the week. Sounds like you did great at dinner. Good for you. Ah, the donuts at DD - hard to resist. Relax, you still have plenty of flex points. I did pretty good at dinner last night too. I planned out some of the things I knew I'd want at the buffet so that I would have a baseline to work from. Of course, they didn't have a few of them. No matter. I started with a lettuce salad and bypassed all the mayo based salads. Did one trip to the hot buffet and then did fresh fruit, a little cheese, a meringue cookie and a cube of german chocolate cake for dessert. I ended up using 7 flex points. Of course, I had the "I did so good" let down and snacked away a few more of those points later on, but still.. Today I really struggled with the urge to throw up my hands and eat anything I could get a hold of. I've used a few more flex points and have just 6 left, but I think I'll be ok.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Carla
Closed Thread