Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 08:10 AM   #1  

Question Weighing in Monday - Starting then

Hi, everyone. I'm starting on Monday doing the WW at home. I have two small children and it's very difficult to go to meetings. I am 40 years old and weigh 230. I have a heart condition and need to lose weight or risk dying or more serious medical issues, so I must do this. I've tried everything. Years ago (before the kids), I wen to WW and lost 46 pounds and hit my goal weight. Then, I went through a divorce, quit smoking and had two kids and now need to lose at least 80 pounds. I have read about the Wendie plan and I think I will start with that. I have developed a bad habit of eating whatever I want whenever I want. I now eat without even realizing I'm doing it and then feel so guilty afterwards. My next option is gastric bypass, and I do not want that. My doctor has agreed not to refer me to the bariatric center for a couple of months so I can try this.

I really don't know why I'm writing except to wonder if anyone else is interested in being a buddy or just sharing their experiences.

Thanks.
Brenda
Old 05-15-2004, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Brenda - Congratulations on getting started. The first step is the most important. You can do this and avoid that gastric bypass. I have the same issue of eating whatever, whenever. Believe me just the act of writing down what your eating and being conscious of it is a good start. I'm 44 years old, have a 6 year old daughter and roughly 110 pounds left to lose. I've been struggling with my weight nearly all my life and have been on and off again on WW for nearly 6 years. When I pay attention and stay on program I have good results. My problem is wrapping my mind around it all and staying on program. But, I hang in there and keep trying and I'm determined that this time I'll get the job down. What's helped me throughout these years to not just throw up my hands and say forget about it and end up even bigger is the support and friendship I've found here. Please feel free to join us on the Weigh In at Home Thread. We tend to be more active during the week.

Good luck.

Carla
Old 05-15-2004, 02:40 PM   #3  

Hi Brenda, my name is Pattie. I am 40 years old and weigh 212lbs, I have been doing Jenny Craig and have only lost 5lbs grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I have 2 kids divorced and now must start over. I would love to buddy up with you and work together. BTW what is the Wendies diet? Talk soon Pattie
Old 05-15-2004, 06:13 PM   #4  

Hi, Patti. Nice to "meet" you! The Wendie plan is from a person who goes to Weight Watchers. It is explained here:

http://www.pointsforlife.com/Wendie/wenranges.htm

I'd love to communicate with you. I'm going to do as Carla suggested and join in the discussions in the weekly weigh in. I'm determined, nervous, excited and doubtful all at the same time, but this time, determination is going to win out!

Brenda
Old 05-15-2004, 06:14 PM   #5  

Carla:

Thanks for the info and for the kind words. I'll be joining you all there.

Brenda
Closed Thread