Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/5 - 4/11

Starting the topic - be right back
Old 04-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  

Carla - way to go on getting in your workouts in the morning. Gee, it seems ages ago (it was years) that I did that consistently but I remember how great I felt getting it in early. Maybe this summer I'll be able to get into that habit (altho in July, I'll be in class 2 days a week at 8:00 am!) I hope the sloppy joe dinner went well and eating out today after church goes well too.

Sunshine - welcome! It soundsl like you have been doing really well - not only do you like WW but it likes you too!

Librarychick - congratulations on a great first week! Welcome!

I had a good weigh in yesterday - I lost 1.6 and I'm getting close to that 10 pounds lost mark again. I had a pretty good weekend - I did do some snacking but I still have 26 FPs for the week. The Passover seder at my mom's tonight will have some challenges but all in all, it shouldn't be too bad. We are going to AC tomorrow for two nights - some challenges there. I plan on choosing fish for dinners and having fruit for dessert if I have fruit at all. The challenges are the drinks..... I may try to do a gentle yoga workout today. I'm feeling pretty good and I want to try to get back to my workouts although I'll take it slowly. I plan on taking workout clothes with me so I can check out the hotel's fitness center.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/154.8/135
44/240 workouts
Old 04-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #3  

Judy - Good work and good planning! I'm glad that you feel up to thinking about exercise!

My WI yesterday was pretty good. I was down 1.5 for a total loss of my first 5#. But, then, I used almost have my FPs last night. We got in from church around 8:30, and I was NOT going to cook, so we ordered a pizza. And I ate pizza. A lot of pizza.

Oh, well. Today is a new day.

Melanie
230.5/225.5/150
Old 04-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on a terrific loss! You'll get back to that 10 pound marker in no time. Happy Passover (or should I wish you a blessed Passover?) and good luck at the seder tonight. I'm sure you'll do fine. Enjoy your break this week and especially your trip to AC.

Melanie - Congrats on another terrific loss and on losing your first 5 pounds! Hey, sometimes pizza happens. I know that it's hard for me to stop at one piece when we get it, so I usually use a bunch of points too. Don't worry about eating the pizza - just keep on plugging away and you'll be fine.

Waypast40 - Congrats on getting rid of those first 10 ten pounds and welcome!

I'm typing this message on my brand new PC over my newly enabled DSL connection. I weep with the joy of it. It is so nice to be back on a fast PC. My weekend was ok - it fell apart a bit, program-wise, on Sunday, but it wasn't horrific. Still, I really need to work on the keeping the weekends program-friendly. This is going to be a really busy week for me. I'm getting ready to have our families over on Sunday for Easter and then the following day we're leaving bright and early for Virginia to be with my sister when she has her custody hearing on Tuesday. Ah well, I always get more accomplished when I'm under the gun, so it should be a productive week.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 04-05-2004, 08:58 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Judy...way to go on your loss! Not far at all from the big 10 lb milestone! Have a great trip. Those darned drinkies, anyway! A blessed Passover to you.

Librarychick...way to go on a great first week!!

Melanie... woohoo on your first 5 lbs gone!! Yes, well, pizza. What can we say?

Sunshine...welcome! Hope you'll join us on this journey! Tell us a little about you?!

Waypast40...congratulations on the 10 lb loss! That's terrific! Would love to hear a little bit about you too!

Ooh Carla... you look so much slimmer with DSL Good for you for getting the new PC up and running! How great is that that you'll be able to be with your sister to support her through the custody hearing? She's so lucky to have you.

As for moi...it's b'day number 43 today. Started the day off right at 0530 with Bailey's coffee , then off to the flower auction with 3 girlfriends...we were 'visitors'. It's the world's second largest flower auction...in Vancouver. It was very cool, and was over by 0830. Then out for eggs benedict for breaky, then off to the driving range to whack some golf balls, then off to the pub for lunch, and now I'm waiting for Mike to finish showering before we go out for dinner (Greek food)...can you say "Off Program???"

The best news is that I'm on vacation all week.

Talk to you all tomorrow...

Karen
Old 04-05-2004, 10:34 PM   #6  

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday dear Karen. Happy Birthday to you!

Sounds like you had a fabulous day.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:24 AM   #7  

Hi all.

Karen - Thanks for your kind words. I know that my soon to be ex BIL will have at least his mother (also known as the *itch who made the jerky things he did possible) with him and I just can't stand the thoughts of my sister sitting there by herself. How was your birthday dinner?

Waypast40 - I join you in loathing fish, although I can deal with tuna and I do like mild white fish - if it's breaded and deep fried - not exactly WW friendly. Good for you for walking to the school and to the store. And congrats on stopping smoking. I'm an ex-smoker myself.

I got up early and did 35 minutes on the stationary bike and felt good doing it, so I guess I've made my peace again with the bike. I plan on bringing my pedometer to my sister's house and will try to get in my exercise walking. If not, I know my sister has a bunch of workout tapes.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 04-06-2004, 11:36 AM   #8  

I am working on getting one of those Tony Little Gliders or a treadmill .What are your thoughts on these machines,does anyone have a glider?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:04 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Waypast, I have a treadmill. Haven't tried a glider. I have used an eliptical machine at the gym and hated every moment of it. Nice to see another Canadian on this thread again! Are you geared up for the playoffs???

Carla, good for you for getting on the bike this morning! That's a great idea taking your pedometer with you. How long will you be gone?

The birthday dinner was great. Shared my saganaki appy, had mousaka, and then shared ek mek for dessert. My vehicle had to go in for servicing this morning, so I wasn't able to get out with the dogs today. Tomorrow morning we'll get out to the beach.

Hope everyone has had a good day!

Karen
Old 04-07-2004, 10:40 AM   #10  

I once had a manual treadmill ,but I hated having to hold on..so I gave it to my sister.hahahah

Hockey is on a lot around here!!!!!Even my 3 year old grandson likes it!
Old 04-07-2004, 11:49 AM   #11  

Hi all.

Waypast - I've never used a glider, although I've given it thought. No treadmill either, although I'd love one (just no room). All I have is the stationary bike, with which I have a love/hate relationship.

Karen - Your dinner sounds delish, although I have no idea what ek mek is. You know, it's been about 18 years since I last went to a Greek restaurant. But I have a good friend who is Greek, so better yet. We'll be gone a week. We leave Monday morning and will stay with my sister either through Thursday or Friday. We also plan on visiting John's cousin just outside Philadelphia for an evening, since we're in the general area.

Well, I am thrilled to the point of tears to announce that not only did I lose 2.2 pounds this week, but I have hit the 10% mark!
It's taken a long time, with a lot of stops and starts, but finally! Now on to the next 10% and beyond. I got up early and got on the bike this morning, so that's out of the way. And now on to cleaning the house, etc. etc.

Have a great day.

Carla
279.6/251.2/145
Old 04-07-2004, 03:51 PM   #12  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

Carla - That's WONDERFUL! Congratulations on making your 10% today! That's a big accomplishment. Very proud of you! And good for you for getting on the bike so early and getting it out of the way! We shall miss you next week. Ek mek is a greek dessert with a cake base, custard middle layer and cream on top, sprinkled with cinnamon. Decadent, but slightly less so when shared.

Waypast - All that treadmill talk inspired me to actually climb on mine today! I did 2.5 miles.

Yesterday was a "grazing day" for me. Not being used to having free time, I was floating around and in the fridge or pantry every hour. Today has been much better, and I'm tracking points and everything! Got the dogs out for a run this morning, and did some treadmilling when I got home. Salmon and salad for dinner tonight, I think.

Picking Jen up from the ferry tonight; she's between exams - last one is on the 20th. She and I are taking a quick road trip up to our property in the interior tomorrow, then home on Friday. I'll check in here before we go.

Playoffs start tonight - go Canucks!

Karen
Old 04-08-2004, 10:42 AM   #13  

Carla - Yippee!! Great work!! I bet it feels great to be 10% less!

Waypast - I had a glider and it is ready for a yard sale as soon as the weather clears. BORING and, the biggest problem is that I have hard wood floors. Everytime I swung a leg I would scoot back. I put cloths under the bottom so it wouldn't scratch the floor, but it still scoots around. Maybe if you have carpet, it would be better.

Well, I have done horribly this week. My Sunday night pizza sent me into a downward spiral toward Who Cares Land. Monday, I had leftover pizza and snacked too much. Tuesday was good until DH suggested milkshakes to celebrate our 1 month anniversary (bad him, but I didn't have to agree). Yesterday was pretty good, except for an overboard breakfast. So, here I am on Thurs. with my nonfat yogurt breatkfast and a few wheat thins in my desk. I feel like a guilty blob and know I have to just start again. It is so frustrating that I do this to myself!

Well, time to work.

Have great OP Days!

Melanie
Old 04-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Quick good morning!

Awww, Melanie...we've all had weeks like you're having. It really doesn't sound as though you're doing that badly! Are you able to get some exercise in? Don't punish yourself by eating only yogurt for breakfast...I always find that if I skimp in the morning, I'm starving by later in the day and then eat way more.

Anyway, I'm just on my way away for a couple of days.

Have a great Easter weekend.

Karen
Old 04-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #15  

Hi all.

Melanie - I've had weeks like your's more times than I could (or care to) count. Stuff like that is going to happen on occasion. It shouldn't, and maybe for some people it doesn't, but for most of us it will. The important thing is you stop the spiral and get yourself back on track, which you have. I'll agree with Karen - don't deprive yourself to make up for it. That always seems to backfire.

Karen - I know that you probably won't read this, but safe trip.

No exercise for me this morning as we brought the cat to my mom's last night so she could watch him while we're gone next week and we got home late. I've managed to use most of my points for today, but it's ok. I planned it all out and will use some flex points. We're having a low point dinner, so all is well. I celebrated my 10% by doing some shopping. I need new pants because my current pants are either too big or in tatters. Of course, I really couldn't find anything. Although my 24s are way too big, the 22s didn't quite fit either. And I'm not buying any more 24s. I refuse. Ah well, I did get a $50.00 pair of shoes for $7.50, so I'm happy.

Have a great day.

Carla
Closed Thread