Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 08:09 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/8 - 3/14

Good morning all. I'm pleased to post a 1.2 pound loss. That takes care of the 1.6 gain that I had a few weeks ago and now I am ready to move down to a new decade! I had a good time on Saturday night at my friend's birthday party - just one drink and moderate eating. I snacked a little when we got home but not too badly. The good news is that I was able to exercise both Sat and Sun and even got up early this morning to exercise. I have a bit of catching up to do on my workouts and I'm going to do the best I can this month to get back on target. No particular challenges this week so I hope to continue to move downward.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/155.8/135
139/240 workouts
Old 03-08-2004, 10:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

yay!!! Way to go!!!

That is a fabulous loss! I can only report a 0.5 lbs loss but hey, that better than a gain!!

Just a quick note to let everyone know I'm thinking about y'all and I'll try and be around a little this week.. I'm in a mapping class with my big boss.. just he and I... so that should be interesting! That and Wednesday night we're celebrating Jackson's 1 year birthday! He went to his first friends party this past Saturday.. He was the youngest one there but he rode in the wagon with 2 little girls.. he wanted to keep playing with pig tails!! And he had cake and ice cream... so this week we're going to celebrate his and his little friends who had the party.. We have a thing on Wednesday nights a bunch of us from the fire department go out for Mexican.. sometimes we have 5 people, sometimes we have 15.. just depends on work schedules! So we have a full week planned. I hope everyone is having a GREAT MOnday and I'll check in soon!
Old 03-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on a great loss and also on being able to get in a couple of workouts. That must mean that your back is feeling better. You did a fabulous job at the party - good work!

Jessica - Congrats on your great loss too! Every .05 pound counts. I hope your class is going well. And Happy First Birthday to Jackson, in advance. How fun that he went to his first birthday party.

Karen - Hope the party went well. Now that it's over, you can relax and enjoy your clean house.

My weekend was awful, eating-wise, starting on Friday. I just blew it, plain and simple. I ate whatever I could get my hands on. It wasn't pretty. But it's over with and I'm much more sane today. Still haven't been back on the bike. I made the decision to spend the time today doing some much needed catching up on housework. Between my back problems and my cold, it really got out of hand and I really can't relax enough to think of doing anything else to I've tackled the house. Tomorrow is going to be dicey too. I have to go to a funeral in the morning. (An acquaintence, who is an old friend of my MIL, committed suicide. It's so sad. He was only 57). Maybe I'll be able to get in a walk if I don't get up early to get on the bike.

I may not be on here tomorrow as, besides the funeral, it's "Gotcha Day" (the anniversary of Ana's adoption - it's the 5th) and we'll be doing something special of her choice after school.

Have a great evening.

Carla
Old 03-10-2004, 08:33 AM   #4  

Jessica – there’s no such thing as “only” a 0.5 loss – congratulations! I hope you enjoy your class this week. I always enjoyed taking that break from the routine. I hope it works out well with your big boss. Happy 1st Birthday to Jackson!!! I hope you have a great time today.

Carla – Happy “Gotcha Day” to you all! Wow – I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since Ana came into your life – time does fly, doesn’t it? Sorry to hear about the tough weekend. I hope that cold gets better soon – it’s such a pain when we want to do things and you know it’s better if you don’t. I’m sorry to hear about your MIL’s friend – that is so sad.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. The work with my class group went well last night (after class) but I got home a little around 9 and thought I’d only have a sandwich and so would end the day on the low side but I ended up snacking until bedtime. I still have some FP’s for the week – not as many as I wanted but I’ll manage. I did get up early this morning and did some very active yoga so that’s a plus.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-11-2004, 01:47 PM   #5  

Hi all.

Judy - I find that when I've been on the go and have a chance to relax, the temptation to snack is really strong. I'm sure you'll do fine with the flex points that you have left. Good job getting in the yoga class.

Well, I have to post a 4 pound gain. Not surprising given my eating of late and my lack of journaling, drinking water, etc. Some of it, I'm sure, was water retention and some was plain old fat. I have to figure out why I keep yo-yo-ing like this and why I sabatoge myself when I get close to my 10%. This is not the first time it's happened. I want to be out of the 250s by Easter. On the bright side, my cold is gone and I actually feel human again. I have enough energy to make it through my day. The only lingering effect from the cold is that my sense of smell, which disappeared completely, is still very diminished. I'm getting back into my routine (which I find is very important to my weight loss efforts - helps me stay on track) and getting caught up around the house. And I did some much needed grocery shopping today, so I'm stocked up with good for you foods (and just enjoyed a delicious spinach wrap with turkey and cucumber - yum). Next week I'll be back on the bike, or out for a walk, if it kills me. And I'll work hard to make up the sessions I lost. So here's looking towards a good weigh-in next week.

Carla
279.6/256/145
Old 03-12-2004, 12:07 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone

Judy - congrats on your loss on Saturday - that's great! And good for you for getting your early morning exercise in. Sounds like you're on an exercise roll.

Jessica - congrats on your loss too - every 1/2 pound counts! Hope Jackson had a wonderful first birthday. No doubt you'll have some happy memories it.

Carla - Wow! 5 years ago already?! Seems like not long ago we were wishing you a great adventure in Bolivia! How sweet to celebrate "Gotcha Day"! Sorry to hear about your gain this week - I feel your pain - I'm in the same damn boat this week.

About 8 years ago I got a pair of fabulous demin overalls that I loved and nearly lived in. They were my favorite thing to wear, and I wore them till they literally fell apart. I couldn't get another pair to replace them that I liked. I spent two lonely years without any. About a month ago, I was out on a rare outing to the mall, ...and the store where I bought my beloved overalls all those years ago had them in stock again...so this time I bought two pairs. They're so comfy and I've been wearing them whenever I don't have to be in "work clothes"...and they have no waistband to get snugger as I've munched my way through the last few weeks. I put a pair of jeans on today that I haven't worn for a month, and I could hardly do them up. I got on the scale yesterday for the first time in two weeks and I've gained 6 lbs.

I'm now 5 lbs heavier than Jan 1!!! I think a lot of the excess eating over the last couple of weeks have been related to anxiety over hosting my parents' 50th anniversary party - which by the way was lovely. They were thrilled. The catering was great - although I nearly had heart failure when the caterers arrived nearly an hour late.

So, it's once again back to square one, and I must make myself put on my jeans more often!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

Merry- Glad to hear the party went well! I've got one coming up for Jackson.. with his own little cake and everything. I know tons of pictures will be taken!! I'm glad you found your overalls.. I've never been able to wear them.. they make me look frumpy.

Carla- Well, you've gained, now its time to get back on the horse and start losing. Your attitude towards it is fabulous.. now that your cold's gone, you can get back into your routine. Good luck!! I hope your gotcha day was fabulous!!!

Judy- sounds like things are going well for you.. flex points are wonderful things! I hope your weekend goes good!

Well, I've changed my WI day to Friday mornings... and today I am pleased to post a 1.5 lb loss! I was so excited. So... I've lost 10 lbs (which is a very big accomplishment for me who has no problem gaining but cannot lose for the life of me..)
So, for Jackson's birthday tomorrow my mom and I are taking him to Build-a-Bear... for those of you who have never gone, it is a very fun and exciting thing to do!! I've also got my MIL and SFIL coming in Sunday for a week... that should be exciting. They haven't seen the baby since the end of Sept... now he's walking and eating real food.. they're in for a surprise!! Oh well.. Happy Friday to you all!!
Old 03-12-2004, 01:47 PM   #8  

Hi all.

Karen - I'm glad to hear that your party went well. Although I would be royally ticked at the caterers. Please join me in square 1 and we will claw our way out of it together. It's amazing how comfy clothes can lull us into complacency. All of my pants are way too big on me, so there's plenty of room for me to expand without noticing. I'm waiting for the size 22 Lane Bryant jeans in my closet to fit again. It will be a little while because I bought those when I was wearing a 20 in everything else, so they run small.

Jessica - Congratulations on a great loss, both this week and your total 10 pounds loss. It's always great hitting that one of those milestones - it's so motivating. I've heard of Build a Bear and it sounds like fun! Have a great time celebrating Jackson's birthday!

My sneak peek this morning shows that all but .02 of that gain is gone again, so a lot of it must have been water. I certainly know I was making a lot of trips to the bathroom yesterday. Wednesday, the first day of my "week" I continued the lovely binge I had going. I probably didn't eat all my flex points, but I've taken them all away. Yesterday I had a great day - ate at target and made sure I got in all my fruit and veggie and milk servings before I had anything snacky. I figure that making do without flex points this week will help teach me to "live within my means" so to speak and to spend on the necessities first before I indulge in any luxuries. My challenge will be tomorrow, first because it's a Saturday and those are always tough for me. Second because my MIL is babysitting Ana while we go to the symphony and that means dinner at her house. On the other hand, it also means that she won't be joining us for church on Sunday so we won't be going out to lunch. So, you lose one, you win one. And I think she's serving borscht, so I should be ok.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 03-12-2004, 02:18 PM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

Judy-Congrats on the 1.2 pound loss! Keep it up!

Paragoddess-.5 of a pound is better than 0 pounds! Yay!

CeCe-We all fall off track sometime or another! Hop back on that wagon, and get back on track! Good luck to you!

MerryLegs-Strange how things workout eh! You weren't even looking for anything and they just "came to you"

Well, I've lost another 4 pounds this week! That makes a total of 14lbs gone! I'm so thrilled!
Closed Thread