Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:50 AM   #1  
Canadian, eh?

Default Weigh in at home 7/21 -7/27

Good Morning!

Carla, hope your weekend went as well as you hoped it would. Sounds like you do have some challenges ahead of you this week, but with some planning I know you'll be okay.

LaDean - congrats on your nongain!

Wasn't very OP this weekend, but I did alright. Yesterday I was way over points as a result of going to the track hungry, and when we got home, Mike's cousin had made a pretty high point dinner. Back on track this morning...must drink plenty today and tomorrow before my weigh in.

Have a great day...it's going to be a warm one here.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:34 AM   #2  

I stayed the same this week. Didn't loose any but didn't gain....only have lost 3 lbs in my three weeks on WW..how frusterating...
Old 07-21-2003, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

I don't know what it was this weekend but I didn't stay OP. And the sneak peak isn't looking to good. It is water, water and more water for me today (and the rest of my life).

Enjoy the sun today, Anne
Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

LaDean - Congrats on another no-gain week.

Karen - Sorry to hear you hit a rough spot yesterday. But, sounds like overall your weekend went ok. I'll be sending you encouraging thoughts to guzzle that water and stay OP!

Irishgirl - Congrats on your maintain. Far better than a gain. As for only three pounds - well that's 3 pounds less than you you weighed when you started, three less pounds that you have to lose as you go forward.... Hang in there and work the program and you'll see the results at the scale soon!

Anne - Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend too. Don't let that sneak peek throw you. Just keep plugging along and you'll be fine.

I had pretty much the same weekend as everyone else, I guess. We ended up going mini-golfing Friday night and then stopping at a nearby hamburger stand for dinner. Saturday we ended up getting KFC to bring to the music park. Sunday was better and I guess I did ok other than eating out, because the sneak peeks have been good. Today I'm keeping it light as I'm going out to dinner tonight. I know I won't be counting points, but I'll be sensible about what I'm putting into my mouth. I want those sneak peeks to turn into another good trip to the scale!

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 07-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Jennie - a maintain is okay. How closely have you been following WW? I find the biggest thing that keeps me on track is journalling every bite, otherwise it's easy to delude myself into thinking I'm not eating as much as I am.

Anne - Hope you got all your water in today...I'm not sure what it is about weekends that makes us slip. I guess there's just more structure and planning that goes into Monday to Friday, so it's easier to stay OP. I need to start looking at some w/e strategies.

Carla - Take out happens. Glad to hear that your sneak peaks have been promising and hope they hold out for you. Do they play only classical at the music park?

It's been an OP day today, just had 2 bbq'd skinless boneless chicken thighs and a monster garden salad for dinner. I'm off to do a short stint on the treadmill (wonder of wonders), and then have to get out in the garden to do some watering.

Hoping for a decent weigh in tomorrow evening.
Old 07-22-2003, 01:17 PM   #6  

Hi all.

Karen - Sounds like a good OP day for you yesterday. I just love having a big salad during the summer. While Ravinia, the music park, is the summer home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, they do have other music. They always have a jazz series, a couple of evenings of Broadway music, pop (Lyle Lovett is there every year, for instance), Latin music. Tony Bennett usually has a concert every year too. So it's a wide variety of music. It's such a great place and since lawn seats are only $10.00, very affordable as well.

I did pretty well yesterday, all things considered. I didn't count points, but did eat sensibly. Had a huge salad to start with gorgonzola on it, but it was a light sprinkling of cheese, so not to bad. Then I had chicken schnitzel with arugala, watercress and tomatoes on top - didn't finish it by a long shot. Of course, I had a glass of wine and some bread. No dessert, although they did bring out two small chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven with our bill, so I had one of those. Yum. Over points for the day, no doubt, but still not a feeding frenzy. And the sneak peek this morning was still good, so I'm on track. I just have to make sure I get all my water in today.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 07-23-2003, 01:23 PM   #7  

Hi all.

It sure is quiet in here. Well, I'm thrilled to report that despite the KFC on Saturday and the dinner out on Monday, I'm posting another loss this week - 2.2 pounds! That's two weeks in a row for a total of 3.4 and a huge helping of momentum to keep it up. I just finished my yummy 5 point pot pie that I found at Whole Foods. It certainly wouldn't win a contest with Marie Callendar's fat laden wonder of a pot pie, but has all the essential pot-pieness, so I'm happy.

Carla
279/276.6/145
Old 07-23-2003, 02:55 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Congratulations Carla! That's a great loss. Much more exciting than mine... 0.6 lbs this week, but a loss is a loss is a loss, so I'm happy too!

Super busy here today, so see you tomorrow!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:06 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Karen - Congrats on your loss! You've got a streak going now, don't you? Way to go!

I hope Judy is enjoying her time on the beach. I had a lovely tomato sandwich for lunch in her honor.

I had a good day yesterday. I actually ate under minimum by 8 points. No fretting though, as I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight. We're going to the Cheesecake factory, home of the gazillion page menu and ridiculously large portions. Today's plan of attack - be sensible about what I order and how much of it I eat. Counting points could be tough and I find that when I do try to count in this kind of situation, I get frustrated and then go into "what the heck I might as well just blow it" mode. I do much better when I don't worry so much about points as about eating sensibly. So I should be ok.

Carla
Old 07-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to you both, Carla and Karen !!!

Carla enjoy your dinner out. I haven't been to a cheesecake factory in a long time. You will have to tell me what you had so I can live vicariously through you.

Reporting in a maintain, 175. I am frustrated because I was sticking with my plan of attack and it failled on me and I was actually up yesterday. Today is my daughter's sixth birthday. We are having her party tomorrow, so tonight she has choosen quesadilla and pie for dinner. With tonight's meal and pizza and cake tomorrow night is not looking to good for me.

Enjoy your evening ladies. Anne
Old 07-25-2003, 09:55 AM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning...

Didn't make it here yesterday, was out with the dogs at dawn, busy busy busy at work, and went to Crosby Stills & Nash last night. It was great - they've still got it after all these years.

Carla - hope you managed ok at the Cheesecake Factory! Good for you for pulling a good day off on Wednesday.

Anne - a maintain beats a gain! Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday yesterday and a great party today. Little girls are such fun. When they turn 22 and start attending political protests, you wonder where the heck all those years went!

Had a good day yesterday till I hit the concession stand at the concert...oh well, the rest of the day I was a model weight watcher. No big challenges for the weekend...I just find that without the need to pre-plan as I do on weekdays, it's easy to let things fall apart. When I get home tonight, I'm going to plan meals for both days.

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-25-2003, 12:19 PM   #12  

Hi all.

Anne - Congrats on your maintain. I know you're frustrated with it, but still you're holding steady and that's good. You certainly have some challenges with last night's dinner and tonight's. Don't let yourself fall in the trap of fatalism - do the best you can. You'll be fine.

Karen - I envy you the CSN concert - I'd love to see them. Peace out, baby. I doubt the concession stand will have done you much damage since you were careful during the day and are no doubt right back on track. It will be good to have weekend free of challenges.

Dinner last night was lovely. I ended up having the Cashew Chicken, which was not the most low point option, but probably better than the chicken and biscuits. At any rate, I enjoyed the company and the food, so it's all good. It was an hour wait to get seated, so I was ravenous and ate a bit more bread than I should have. Still, with the saved points from Wednesday and the remaining points I had yesterday, I'm just considering myself back at square one. I'll try to eat on the light side again today as tomorrow we are going to my cousin's to celebrate my Mom's 76th birthday. It will either be grilling out or fried chicken brought in and I'm bringing spoon bread and baked beans, so I know what I'm dealing with. Again, I'll go easy during the day and then just try to be sensilbe with dinner (and the sure to be appetizers). One thing I know for sure - I'm having b-day cake. I love b-day cake.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Closed Thread