Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 01:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Karen - Hmm a non-fat latte. Love it. Your picnic sounds nice - well except for the sushi part, unless it's veggie sushi. Then, yum. I'm glad to hear that your meeting has given you that motivational spark.

Judy - Your assignment for today is to go to your room, put your face in your pillow and just scream your head off. You'll feel much better. :-) Good for you for not going into work for your meeting. And yes, you can say you're going to do the minimum, etc. but you really have to catch yourself. Once you're used to giving your all, it's hard to cut back. I've been there myself. Hey your boys are coming to Chicago to play my Cubbies. The place is all abuzz.

Well I'm still sitting here waiting for a phone call and getting a bit annoyed. If he's going to be tied up and can't make the call, how about a quick e-mail telling me so. Sheesh. Oh well, tomorrow I'm going out to do what I have to do and if he calls, he'll just have to leave a message.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 06-05-2003, 01:54 PM   #17  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...

Judy, I'm happy that you'll be off for the rest of the week. A little extra time off will do you good, and I know that you'll be keeping your mind busy with party preparations. How many guests are you expecting?

Carla, hope you get your call soon...what a pain hanging around all day y'day for nothing. Good for you for getting out anyway. You're right, I'm feeling pretty motivated...now to keep it going. I've put all my WW meeting dates and times on the calendar as appointments, so I have no excuses.

Drum roll...............I had a 100% OP day yesterday! I also emailed an assignment yesterday. I'm going to Victoria to spend the day with Jen tomorrow, so I can work on the next paper while I'm on the ferry. I'll be taking the 7 a.m. ferry, so don't expect to see a post from me tomorrow. Hope you have a great weekend, and special good thoughts to Judy for a wonderful party.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:13 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Karen - Yay for a 100% OP day and another yay for getting that assignment in. You must be feeling wonderful. Let's see, you're on the ferry now, so I hope you're having a smooth ride and have a lovely day with Jen.

No call yesterday either. This morning the HR person called. Since the scope of the job changed (i.e. their IT department will handle the database development) they have to re-post internally and see other candidates, if any appear. She said I'm their choice and they would have made me an offer by now, except for this process that they cannot bypass. I'm to call her at the end of next week to see where things stand. Ah well, at least I know I'll be home the rest of this month. Since we're going on vacation 6/28-7/12 it really doesn't make since to start a job for a week or so before that. We went out to eat last night and I let the frustration of sitting at home for nothing get to me. Needless to say, I didn't make a smart choice. Back on track for today though.

Have a great weekend and Judy, enjoy the party. I know it will be fabulous.

Carla
Old 06-06-2003, 11:30 AM   #19  

Carla - well, I sure won't be saying anything about your frustration getting to you last night since I've been there a few time this week! How frustrating that they have to re-post internally, I'll keep my fingers crossed that they have enough sense to hire you! I agree - sounds like it makes sense to start after your vacation. Yes, there is quite qa buzz about us coming to Wrigley - and wouldn't you know it - Clemens' possbile 300th game win is the day of the party - the same day that they are running the Belmont and a NY bred horse is going for the triple crown!

Karen - Yay for your 100% OP day and for getting that assignment in. Working on the ferry sounds like a good idea - how long of a ride is it? Have a good time with Jen. We are having 30 people for the party - not much more than a Thanksgiving but with it being catered, a lot less work!

Thanks for your good thoughts about the party. We are in pretty good shape preparation-wise. Unfortunately, the weather is not cooperating - it's gorgeous today - sunny and between 75 - 80. We're not dependant on good weather but we were hoping to set up some tables outside. The weather forecast? Showers starting mid afternoon and gettng heavy in the evening - the party starts at 4:00! Oh well - my mom said it poured the day they got married.

So I was at the manicurist yesterday (I treated myself) when the woman from the special ed school where I interviewed last week called. I called her back but she had already gone. She said if I didn't catch her yesterday she'd call today. No way of knowing if it's good news or not - we are leaving for Anthony's pre-school graduation in about an hour so I hope I hear from her before then. If not, I guess I'll keep checking the phone messages. Keep your fingers crossed!

I had a so-so day yesterday - good exercise session but a little too much snacking last night. We had hot dogs and sauerkraut for dinner last night and my rings are pretty tight. I'm hoping to flush out the sodium before tomorrow morning's weigh in.

Have a great one!
Judy
Closed Thread