Old 03-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

Question "Cheat Points" and Weight Gain!

I am following WW on my own and had a question about the 49 Extra Points.

Until yesterday, I've only used about 3 of those. But, yesterday we had a birthday party and I dipped into them, to the tune of about 15. So, when I weighed in this am.....well, I'm up a pound. What is the typical result when using these points?

Also, I lost 21.8 pound the first month I was on WW and I have only lost 1.4 in the last 3 weeks (and I gained a pound of that back, now!) I am still eating OP and have actually added walking an hour a day, 5 days a week, cardio 3 times a week (30 min. aerobic class) and some resistance bands exercises a couple of days a week, after that first month of no exercise. I was really expecting to see results when I added the exercise but, I just can't seem to lose. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get out of this rut?! I actually have been going up and down and up and down and up and down between about 257-255 for this whole 3 weeks then I finally broke it and went down to 254.6, where I stayed for 3 days and now I'm at 255.6 again!
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I'm sorry things aren't going smooth! For the weekly points - it's different for everybody. Some people eat every one of them and some can't eat any. I think the main culprit here for you is that you ate them all the day before you weighed in. If you had salt and sugar, then it's most likely that you have water retention, or if you ate late, it could be undigested food. Most likely you will see it differently next week!

For zero point foods - are you eating extra servings of fruit and veggies each day? Zero points still add up the calories - for most people it's not a problem, but if you are eating way more than 5-6 servings a day, it could be adding up.

Are you now eating foods that you didn't eat before WW? Like - frozen dinners, snack bars, or other convenience foods? I have a big problem with refined flour, white rice and sugar. Weight loss is practically impossible for me when I eat those things (I've got PCOS and I'm insulin resistant).

Are you tracking every single bite? My WW leader has a mantra - Only track your foods on the days you want to lose weight. If you'd like to share your food logs, maybe we can shed some insight!

Hang in there.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote