Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default Starting WW tomorrow! Need support...

I was doing WW for about a month when things in my life became a mess. So, I quit. I can't afford the meeting right now but I have the books to do it at home. I was so happy to see this forum! I REALLY need the support & encouragement. I am such a food junkie! This way I can be held accountable for my food intake. I would love to get to know all of you! Stop by & just say, "Hi!" or please feel free to share your story.

Sherry
38 years old
5'8"
207 lbs.
high blood pressure
high cholesterol
I carry most of my weight in the middle

I'm ready to get this "food monkey" off my back!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 06:48 PM   #2  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Sherry,

Feel free to join us on our weekly "Weigh In at Home" thread. There's always room for one more.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:25 PM   #3  

Thank you Karen!
Old 06-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #4  

Default Don't worry...

You can do it. I'm a recovering FAST FOOD addict, if I can lose 30 pounds and not be cranky or hungry anyone can do it. I've never attended a meeting, I've gotten inspiration through online forums and from my own motivation to stop making excuses and drop the weight. My sister shared her materials with me and that was all she wrote.

Last edited by KrazySexxyKool; 06-13-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:37 PM   #5  
tomorrow is another day

hey guys I am also trying to do the at home thing with WW I am an on again off again type of person the minute something goes wrong then bang I lose all interest and motivation.

kychick my advice is one day at a time.

krazy sexxxyscool I also go thru phases of being a fast food junkie I am too embarrassed to turn up at my local outlet

I sat down today and wrote what I had eaten by lunch time and I added up my points...I was brutally honest and listed everything!

To my surprise (I thought I had blown the points right off of the page) I had only had 15points!!! You can't imgaine my joy when I saw I still had 7 more points to go for dinner & snacks yippeee!!!! so I guess keeping track really does make a difference...it's restored my faith in ME.

The other thing I did (this is almost like working to a budget) I scanned thru my points guide for all the freebies - o points food and I plan to use them to fill me up so I don't exceed my limit.

mygirl
Old 06-18-2003, 05:29 PM   #6  

Hi KrazySexxxyKool-
Girl, I hear you on the fast food!! I could EASILY eat out 3 times a day...EVERY day! It is soooo unhealthy! I love to hear encouraging stories like yours! I would be so happy to lose 30 lbs.! Good for you! BTW- you look beautiful in your pic! I also love your Oprah saying! She's such a cool person! She's my HERO! Now, if I just had her MONEY!!

mygirl- Good for you on the 15 points!! I love it when that happens! That is also something I do with the zero points items. It's a wonderful way to stuff your face when you feel the need! (which, I feel the need ALOT!) Good luck to you!

Thanks for all the great stories & advice!

Sherry
Closed Thread