Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #16  

Tahoemom - good for you for posting the gain. I always find that when I 'fess up (even to myself like counting the points on a binge) it helps.

Carla - I'm glad to hear that the "test run" for your knee went well. I know frustrating it can be when you want to do something good for your body but your body tells you you have to wait. Great idea on the video (and with Ana!) if you don't get up before Ana does. You know, I counted yesterday and I am in the middle of PMS - not that I really needed the calendar - I had salty/sweet cravings yesterday.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I got in that killer workout and it felt really good although today I think I might be limited to yoga or walking on the treadmill - I don't want to overdo it on my knees. I had salty and sweet PMS cravings like no business yesterday. That, on top of the high sodium dinner we had yesterday (ff hotdogs with sauerkraut, yum!) means I have tight rings and I higher sneak peek but I'm going to guzzle water like crazy tomorrow and hopefully I will see a loss tomorrow Still, I gave into some of thse cravings and went over by a couple of points but even with that I still have 6 activity points in the bank so I think I'll be OK. While a number of members at my group try not to eat their activity points (and I try not to eat them all) my leader once told me that if I have too many activity points in the bank, it can act like my eating below my minimum.

This is turning out to be some winter for us. It's snowing here now - we probably have 5 or so inches on the ground and they are predicting 6-8. I'm working this morning but taking this afternoon off so I'm working from home. I need the mental health (1/2) day. The only challenge this weekend will be Sunday. We are going into the city with my parents to see Man of La Mancha and we'll go out somewhere for dinner.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-07-2003, 11:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Judy 0 This has been some winter. We've avoided any really significant snowfall, but we're in another deep freeze. Ah well, at least the sun is shining. Yum - hot dogs with saurkraut does sound good. Could be lunch today. Keep guzzling that water.

I overslept this morning, so no bike. My knee is really achy right now, so I don't know about a video. I may bundle up Ana later and go for a walk. We'll see. No particular challenges this weekend, thank goodness.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 02-07-2003, 07:12 PM   #18  

Default HELLO AGAIN!

Hi everyone! I recognize some familiar names and some new ones. Looks like things are going right along. I've been gone for about 7 or 8 months. In the continuing soap opera of my life, last July my mother's lung cancer recurred and I came to Texas to take care of her. While here, my husband divorced me. Mother died December 17 and the day after the funeral I went to Las Vegas. It was time for a total escape from reality, the death was agonizing, Hospice didn't do much to relieve her pain and I just needed to get away. Try explaining that to friends and family, heehee. Now I'm back settling her estate and hopefully will be back in Florida very soon. My sister from NYC and I are moving to Ft. Lauderdale and opening a women's fitness center! WOOHOO!! Quite an incentive to get in shape. Through all the trials of the last several months I managed to gain only a few pounds, about 15 of the approximately 65 I had lost since June 2001. My current weight is 179 and I hope to get down to 150. I'm exercising every day on a ski machine and have been back on WW since the first week in January. I have lost about 10 pounds so far. I guess you can tell i'm really motivated! I'm so happy that I found you all again and look forward to participating. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

KarenC
Old 02-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #19  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Karen C!!!!!!!!! - how WONDERFUL to hear from you! We have missed you. Deepest sympathies on losing your dear mom. What life changes you have been through in the past months! I think it's absolutely terrific that you've come through so well, and what excitement about opening the fitness center with your sister. Welcome back!!

Tahoe - sorry about the gain. Hope you can check in daily for motivation.

Carla - hope the knee is feeling better.

Judy - sorry work has been so stressful. Your workouts sound amazing. Good luck with your weighin.

PMS has turned me into a kitchen grazing machine! I have a date with the treadmill and weight bench this afternoon.

Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread