Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 01:36 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Judy - I do Costco the same way you do. Some trips definitely are better than others, I'll agree. They don't always have the same stuff. Drat, I forgot to look for those ravioli. And they didn't have the stuffed shells yesterday, so it was a pasta free trip. I did make the mistake, however, of picking up the fresh Pan Bigio. Two whopping loaves of bready goodness. I carbo overloaded yestereday for sure. Today I'm proud to report that I measured out 2 oz of it (4 pts) to go with my 1 pt Green Giant Brussel Sprouts in low fat butter flavored sauce. There's always sauce left at the end and I figure the bread is perfect for sopping it up. I'm enjoying them now as a wonderful post-workout lunch. You're right about the GoLean bars - they're expensive point-wise, but they do keep your stomach happy for a long time.

Later.

Carla
Old 11-21-2002, 10:40 AM   #17  

Carla - I know, Costco has some deliciously evil breads. When we were there last, Tony picked out a roasted garlic bread that was so yummy - we froze most of it but I still managed to eat too much!

I didn't have a great day yesterday. The PMS monster got a hold of me - I had those sweet and salty cravings - and I got into the leftover Halloween stash that I found. I'm quite a bit in the hole bank-wise but have promised myself that I will earn some activity points today and write in my journal tonight (I've let that lapse the last few days).

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-21-2002, 11:05 AM   #18  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

Judy - hope the new kitty is selling in well. You'll do great digging yourself out of your deficit, you're so good about exercising.

Carla - Do try & find those raviolis next time you're at Costco. It's a killer place to go if you're not feeling totally disciplined. I avoid it like the plague on weekends, I've been known to graze my way around the store trying all the free samples! Good for you for suiting up and getting on the bike.

I had a very good day yesterday. Drank lots, ate well, and even got in a workout at the gym. Today is my Saturday, so I have lots of running around to do. Have to get the dogs out for a run now, and then drop Gillis off for a grooming. I usually get him tidied up about once a year. Then it's groceries, pick up my new contact lenses, drycleaners etc etc. I'm making myself tired just thinking about it. Better get to it.

Have a wonderful day!

Karen
Old 11-21-2002, 01:19 PM   #19  

Default May I join your thread?

Hi!

I'm going to try WW on my own, and was wondering if I could post my weekly weigh-ins with you. I've done WW before - by going to the meetings, so I know the points plan - but usually when I try it at home I only last a day or two. I'm currently 5'2", weigh 154. My highest was 187 a few years ago, but I've been sort of stuck at this weight for a while now. I'm getting married in 4 months, though, and would really like to be happy with how I look on my wedding day.

Kerry

154 current
125 goal

Last edited by kerryberry; 11-21-2002 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:29 AM   #20  

Karen - Good for you for being OP yesterday. It feels good, doesn't it - like you're really taking care of yourself. Phew, your day makes me feel tired too ;-) Yeah, I'm good about exercising but it doesn't help if I keep going over my food points! Max (the new kitty) is settling in OK - we are going to try the first "introduction" this evening after work - it should be interesting.

Kerry - of course you may join us - welcome! You and I are have almost the same stats - I'm 5'3" and weigh just a few pounds more than you (the "offical" weigh in weight). Check in here every day - I'm sure you'll find this a very supportive group of people.

I'm having a devil of a PMS period. I was doing well until the late evening - and no, I didn't write in my journal - I should have. Instead I finished off the few pieces of chocolate left in the leftover Halloween candy - the best I can say about it is that there is no more chocolate and I couldn't care less about the rest of the stuff that's left! Oh well, I'm planning a good step workout at lunch and we have a low point dinner planned. My sneak peek this morning was good - I hope I can pull out a loss tomorrow. Tonight I'm picking up the journal for sure!

Does anyone here have a Palm Pilot? Someone at VF told me that there was a great program (freeware) available at Dottie's site - a journal and food list - called WWcalc. I've been using it the last few days and it is great.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 11-22-2002, 09:38 AM   #21  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

Kerry, welcome! Of course you can join us! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. That'll motivate you! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Today will be a challenge. I'm going to a geriatric psychiatry conference where I know there will be a lavish spread for lunch, as well as huge muffins and pastries for break times. Oh well, I'll do my best. I'm going to have my blueberry, banana, soy milk and soy protein smoothie for breakfast to stave off the munchies for a few hours. I had a very good workout at the gym yesterday. I'm starting to feel like I'm coming out of my slump. I think I was gearing all my efforts toward being healthy in the efforts to conceive, and now when we abandoned that, I guess I lost all motivation for a while. Anyway, I have to do this for me, and I will.

Hope you all have a great weekend. See you Monday.

Karen
Old 11-22-2002, 09:41 AM   #22  
Canadian, eh?

Judy, I guess we were posting at the same time. When I have a PMS day like you're having, I just pack it in in the evening and go to bed early. Helps beat the munchies, and I get an extra hour or two of sleep! I have a palm pilot, I'll have to check that out. Thanks.

Karen
Old 11-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.
Judy - Sorry to hear that PMS led you to the Halloween candy. We still have our's around too. The only chocolate stuff we have left I don't particularly care for. I do like the non-chocolate stuff we have, but it's all pretty harmless at about 1 point a piece and it's not stuff I go overboard on, so I feel safe. About that at least. I'm glad to hear the new kitten is settling in well.

Karen - I will definitely look for those ravioli next time. I too try to stay away from Costco on the weekends - those samples are just too tempting. Sounds like you are getting firmly back in the groove again. Good for you. How's the puppy?

Kerry - Welcome and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Angel - Hope all is well with you.

Yesterday was not good. I've been craving KFC and I gave into it. Well, it's over and done with and I'm back on track today. I've been fighting a head cold and woke up with my throat feeling all gunky and stuck together, so I'll be drinking lots of water today, that's for sure. No major challenges for the weekend, at least not any that are planned.

Have a great day and a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 11-22-2002, 01:03 PM   #24  

Karen - Good luck at the seminar - I know what you mean about the lavish spread - at the last class I went to, they had big, chewy cookies at break time. It sounds as though you are going "well armed". I'm glad to hear that you are coming out of your slump. I can sure understand how the fertility situation contributed to your loss of motivation. I think it's a plus that you've come to understand that. Yup, going to bed early would be a smart thing to do on PMS evenings like my last two. I think I will try that tonight - I could use a good night's sleep. The Palm Pilot program is on dwlz.com (Dottie's site) under the forum there. There's a Palm Pilot Central forum and there is a thread with email addresses to request the programs. Yes, how is the puppy?

Carla - well, KFC happens. The important thing is your attitude - and it's a good one. I'm sorry to hear that you feel like you are coming down with something. We must be on the same wavelength. I felt like that yesterday but took some ecchinecia - so far so good - that reminds me to take some today!

Kerry - I forgot to say congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Judy
Closed Thread