Old 01-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 300/196.5/150

Height: 5'6"

I have been doing WW on-line since 10/12/10 and have been able to lose 32 pounds so far. My 20 year old daughter also started and has lost 17 pounds (she didn't have much to lose unlike me!) Believe me, I have tried just about every diet known to man and I have found WW to be the easiest to stay with because I have not felt deprived. Good Luck!
aml0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

I don't get it. I don't get it. I've been doing it also since End of october and ONLY lost 7 pounds. Lot of work for so little pounds but, it's better then not trying to get it off at all.

Last edited by tytbody; 01-02-2011 at 08:10 PM.
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:16 PM   #18  

i started the online a few days ago. today started my first 'real' week, so i'm trying to do it right. although, i've already used some of my weekly points. today was not a great day for planning food, so the rest of the week should be better. i had an apple, ate out and had 1 wood-fired pizza that had a paper thin whole wheat crust, a few thin pepperoni pieces, a few small chicken squares, a few pieces of black olives and pineapple. the rest were just veggies. however the cheese was whole milk mozzarella. this 10 inch pizza with some cheese dip was my entire daily points. i had a coffee with baileys with some weekly points. it all added up to under 1600 calories, so i may not be able to sustain that low of calories. it does make you eat more vegetables. i'm not hungry now, but if i was, i'd have to find something 'free'.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #19  

that would be where your fruit comes in and more veggies for the freebies. Drink more water.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 180.2/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I started the SFT on the first, signed up online checked out the site. If your following points then its great but if you are doing Sft then to me it is not worth the money. I already had the older Sft books i got cheap off ebay and will just print out the few changes that where made.

I did the free 7 day look see, I looked then canceled. This could easily be done at home. The main thing is learning not to over eat, and that is what I am doing now. I think I found an up dated free online points plus counter and will use that for looking up the points for my weekly points and Ap's if I need to use them.

I do like the free fruits and lite bread. If you get a chance go read the ww forum on there site. you dont have to be a member to read or post. You can pretty much figure out whats what and find links to the Pf food list. I have found them very nice and helpful.
surfnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 262/240/180

Height: 5'6

Thanks everyone for all the info. And I think this support thread is a great idea!
So, currently with the new program, fruits and veggies are free? no point counting for these at all?
rainyinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #22  

fruit is free but not all veggies are free. i think there is a printable list of free 'power foods.' so far, i think ww online is easier than it was several years ago. putting in the activity points are easier. and of course they have certain things already set up if you do them.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #23  

I have the dining out book and the food companion books if someone wants then who may not have access to them

They may also be online for sale at the sit but I didn't look for them there.

I never use them
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 262/240/180

Height: 5'6

how are points counted say, if you are eating out? Would you track the points online when you come home? That confuses me. I had the paper slide point tracker, when I ate out, or was having lunch at work. Maybe I could still use the paper tracker? (sorry, not sure what the proper name is for this!)
rainyinflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

This site is a great source or support
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:11 AM   #26  

Height: 5ft3

I am doing WW online, meetings are not for me - the plan is easy to followand writing everything down really helps. The free fruit and veg are great in the new points system - lovely to be able to have a banana when peckish. The worst scenario for me is to feel hungry outside meal times as this kick starts bingeing -don't seem to have much of this with the WW plan - alsoyou can swap points for exercise
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #27  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Hi! I have been doing ww online since 12/27/09 and have lost over 50#!!! I love having access to all the online tools. I later (june) started to attend meetings as well!

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:13 AM   #28  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I plan on doing the at home. I don't like the idea of the meetings, as helpful as they may be to some. I don't have the new plan yet, but have everything for the old plan. I have been debateing whether to spend the cash on the stuff for the new plan. I like the idea of free fruit, but the thought to spending more cash on anything right now is more than I can think of at the moment. I may just suck it up and go get the books and calulators.
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 226/215/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainyinflorida View Post
how are points counted say, if you are eating out? Would you track the points online when you come home? That confuses me. I had the paper slide point tracker, when I ate out, or was having lunch at work. Maybe I could still use the paper tracker? (sorry, not sure what the proper name is for this!)
Yes, you would track online when you got home. The point values are different now with the new PointsPlus program. The paper slide thingy (don't know the name either ) is for the old plan. New plan does not track calories at all -- carbohydrates instead. (plus protein, fat and fiber). Fruit and veg are mostly free but points+ counts for higher carb foods (bread, etc) are higher.
jessy 49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5 8"

ok, well I'm jumping in here now too. I was going to join online or at a meeting and start the points plus but then I looked at all the old material I had, which is only a couple of years old and remembered very clearly that the regular points program worked just fine for me. So on Jan 4th I started. I chose a Monday as my weigh-in day at home (because that way I would have to be more accountable over the weekend) and since the 4th I've lost 14lbs. I'm really pleased with that. It's not BL numbers, but I don't care - I've gone from the 260's through the 250's and now I'm in the 240's and I say HOT DAMN!
I think the most important thing for me is recognize that in order to be successful you have to change everything about the way you eat. You can't fit only part of the program in to your life and then expect full results - that's just plain denial. You may have to get a little and I mean a little - not famished - hungry from time to time as you're waiting for your next meal. Don't you agree that it's because we never let ourselves get hungry ever and we allowed ourselves to rationalize eating more than we needed to - be it larger portions, or just more often - is what got us where we are in the first place. I'm not sure when my behaviour changed, it must have been really slowly because last year I could easily have eaten at McD's several times a week as well as pizza or another dinner out. That's crazy - you can't replace healthy quality food with crap and expect to be thin fit and healthy. That's not going to happen.
Sorry - this is turning out to be a rant, and that's not what I wanted. I just want to support people and be supported. This is all very important to all of us, but we need to be honest with ourselves and with each other - or what's the point.
hayleycreates is offline   Reply With Quote