Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2002, 02:14 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Survey of scales being used

Hello all-

I am looking at buying a new home scale - a change in work meetings has made it more difficult to attend my usual morning WW meetings. But I think I can do it at home! The weighing in is my only catch. Do most of you use digital scales, and do you find them quite accurate?? I have a "normal" scale, and I can hardly see from one two-pound line to the other, and I think I cheat by "guessing down" and thinking I have lost more pounds than I might actually have. I appreciate your comments.
Thanks!
Betsy
Old 08-01-2002, 07:46 PM   #2  

Hi..

I use a digital scale at home and it has a larger area for the numbers. It is very accurate as I have been weighed at the doctors office, and it would be the same. The one I have actually includes 1/2 pounds as well (even a 1/2 pound loss is encouraging!)

Good luck in your search
Old 08-13-2002, 08:11 PM   #3  

Hi Wahine,

I used to have one of those scales you're talking about with the little lines and if I "leaned" just the right way I could get a nice low reading. It helped that it weighed good bit lighter than my doctor's scale too ... until I had to go to the doctor's of course.

Anyway, my in-laws recently moved in with us and brought a good sturdy Sears digital scale that they've had for years that weighs to the 1/2 lb. and is right on the money with the doctor's scale, so I am happy with that, knowing it's accurate. I have found that I can get 2 or 3 different weights in succession and when I do, I ALWAYS take the lowest.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:41 PM   #4  

I have the Tantia scale that also does the body fat. I am just starting WW at home today. But this is the scale I am going to use. I do not have time for meetings or the money for meetings. I have been to a lot of meetings. I know what I have to do and now I just have to do it.
Old 10-07-2002, 11:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3

Hey Brewcitygirl,
Where can I find a Tantia Scale???
It sounds like a neat scale... it measures Body Fat... COOL
~LilBinkey~ :-)
Closed Thread