Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #1  

Default At home vs online?

Which would you do? They just closed my WW center that was 2 blocks away {just a nice walk really}, and the next nearest one is a 30 minute city bus ride each way.

Would you:

Do the At home kit? And are there any discounts for this?

Do online?

Or do one meeting and just do etools?

I've done WW before, but it's been about 2 years and I have no idea where my stuff is. I really like etools but can live with out it. Does the at home have the option of etools?
dakotamidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I just use the information I got from research and found the pts book on ebay..and then the support from here I have not lost a hugh amount but then it is all what you put into it

sorry I really could not help in your decision...let us know how you go forward
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Default My Take...

Good Question! Same dilemma here-

I'm back on program and am trying to decide which way to track points. I am leaning towards using a notebook and writing everything down in that book. My other option is using eTools and attending meetings once in a while. (I am a lifetime member so I don't have to pay joining fees.)
I did the one week trial of WW online, but did not use all that was available in terms of information and would have to pay a lot to continue. I have all of the program books. So, I discontinued WW online thinking that eTools is all that I need. . .

WW online does include eTools.

Whatever you decide, it can be changed if it doesn't work out. Nothing is carved in stone.

What is important is that we chose it and use it!
Have a great day.
judy

Last edited by Lil Judy; 01-04-2010 at 05:56 AM. Reason: typo
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #4  
The Devil's in the Donuts

S/C/G: 267/~see ticker~/145 & fit

Height: 5'6"

Same situation here. I need accountability and did have past success on WW but the cheapskate in me wants to shortcut the system and just do it at home alone for free. I guess it depends what the most useful tool WW has to offer is for you. Unfortunately for me...the most useful tool they offer is that public scale and the tips and teamwork during the meetings. All things that really require my showing up and paying 9.95 a week.

I even found a meeting just minutes away from my workplace where there is no excuse to miss. No rush hour traffic to complain about...perfect time...I see where this is going...looks like I am signing up

So...weigh your options...pun intended and go from there. Any tool that fosters good health is a good decision made!
meandmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

is there a difference between WW at home and online? I'm confused, I thought they were the same thing.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 189

Height: 5'5

I am doing it totally on my own using old materials. I journal in a small spiral notebook and I have a weight chart in my bathroom hung above the scale. My hubby is super supportive and does the weight chart part too...even though he basically got to goal in less than three weeks... But even having accountability to him helps motivate me. I've also told just about everyone I know what my goal is so now I really have to hold myslef to it.
getittogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 284/262/163 5

Height: 5'2,1/4

WW at Home is a kit that gives you all the information needed 2 follow the plan at home.There is a sticky at the top of the page that will connect you to ww at home. WW online is a website with all the plan information plus weight trackers,it calculates your daily point total so you don't have to guess., a food journal,food points,activity points,fitness plans and videos,recipes,community boards and success stories plus an online store.They try to provide everything you need.It about $16.00 a month

Last edited by mandisa; 02-18-2010 at 07:33 AM.
mandisa is offline   Reply With Quote