Old 08-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330.9/330.9/160

Height: 5'8"

Smile New to WW at Home

Hello, I'm Laura, 25 years old, from Wisconsin. I am going to start doing the at home program. My friend is going to be dropping off her old materials to get me started sometime tomorrow. So I am hoping to get off to a start on Sunday. I have a long ways to go,(I weigh in around 325lbs) but I know it will be worth it. Does anyone have some extra tips?
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

lauralou the best thing I can say--and I have been off an on since last year is always alway journal your food, every BLT- bite, lick and taste. don't beat yourself up for being human and indulging just keep going and come here as often as you can for support, to sound off, to toot your own horn and get great ideas for menu's, plateau's and a general feel good!

Nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:35 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

oh and one more thought.....plan your meals, learn to love to try new recipes. I usually do some major cooking on sunday for my breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Like an english muffin and egg beater for breakfast, apple for snack, homemade veggie soup for lunch, veggies with dip for snack then a protien and veggies for dinner.... have a whole folder with recipes I have tried and liked that I taylor my shopping around and it seems to work for me. Of couse there are the nights when I go I don't/can't cook and I have researched meals that can be nuked and not couse pt melt down....just found some 'steamers' chicken with pasta 5pts --not bad

hope this helps

Last edited by nancylmrn; 08-14-2009 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 6

I agree that tracking your food is super important. I wouldn't be where I'm at today without it.
I also stick to the food requirements of of five fruits/veggies, 8 glasses of liquid, 2 to 3 dairy, 2 healthy oils, 1 to 2 lean proteins, one whole grain, and some kind of activity everyday. The only one that is hard for me is the healthy oils. Nuts and oils are so many points that I have a hard time fitting them in without giving up something else.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great and come back if you have any questions.
MandiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330.9/330.9/160

Height: 5'8"

Thank you for the tips and info. They are helping me a lot and although I am nervous, I feel prepared and am very excited to start tomorrow and begin a new chapter in my life.
lauralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #6  
Work in Progress

you are going to do awesome!
Old 08-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #7  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi lauralou....welcome again.

Like I said on a previous post...I have the ww at home stuff too and I have found it pretty easy to follow. It helps that any question I have, I can come here to this forum for answers, advice & support!

You are gonna do great. One of the hardest parts is just getting started, and you have done that! So, congratulations! We are all here to share in your journey. The good, bad and the ugly too!

I agree with Nancy......the things that are helping me the most are planning ahead and journaling my food. Planning ahead is so important. If you can prepare some stuff at the beginning of your week - it makes it so much easier as the week goes on and you get too tired to prepare as well. So cut up some fruit and veggies etc and plan some meals if you can. I think it will help.

I also think that journaling is critical. I am so surprised sometimes at how things can add up. When you journal, it just really makes you aware of what you are putting into your body. It can also help you later on because you can make note of things that were filling or not and on weeks that you had a great loss (or not), you can look back and see what you did to get there.

Anyway - welcome. You are going to do great. Look forward to "talking" with you on here.
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote