3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW At Home (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home-22/)
-   -   ww home march 8-14 WI days (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-home/166367-ww-home-march-8-14-wi-days.html)

nancylmrn 03-08-2009 10:37 PM

ww home march 8-14 WI days

Well chickies thought I would start this thread for the week. My last week was really uneventful as far as loss goes but the food was good LOL

I really did not do a good job with my journaling or my points but ...my wi are on Sundays and I did not show a gain like I expected I stayed the same

which prompted me to think when are all your wi in days? should we start a separate thread just for wi's? Maybe have one to track each month? don't know just some thoughts

chelley123 03-09-2009 09:43 AM

Hey Guys!
Well I lost 2.8 pounds this week!!! I am down to 209.8!!!! I have lost 30.2 pounds and have about 60 pounsds to go. I know I can do it!! It's been slow on the boards ately and I hope it picks up soon cause I need you guys!!!
Nancy- I think a WI thread is a great idea! Don't fret about staying the same. If it's not a gain it's success!!!

ChefsGirl 03-09-2009 01:51 PM

I totally think we should start a separate thread for WI! I volunteer to keep track & will post month-end results. We could even treat is as a “challenge” of sorts & post who lost the most weight for the month.

Sound good? Let me know & I’ll start it.

nancylmrn 03-09-2009 03:25 PM

I say Jill run with it! You all know my wi is on sundays...hence the start of a new thread each week but it will be great to go to one central location to chart all of our progress!

Michelle congrats on the loss this week that was awesome!!!!!!!! :hug:

kiki100 03-09-2009 05:13 PM

I would love a weigh in thread!! I weigh in on Saturdays and I lost 3lbs this week!

You are all such great inspiration!

keikoasmom 03-09-2009 05:55 PM

Congrats everyone!
I tried to post earlier but my post (and my windows, lol!) went poof!
I am chasing my tail, my DH just retired and he and I are having trouble adjusting! Which means stress eating. A wi thread sounds good. I wi every day. I am a compulsive weigher-iner but trying to let go....
Maybe I need to start going to meetings?

calimodel1 03-09-2009 08:05 PM

tommorow is my weigh in day and im pretty excited because today i weighed just for fun and it showed a lb lose so we will see tommorow!

calimodel1 03-10-2009 11:02 AM

ok so today was my weigh in and i lost 1 lb! Not a fantastic lost but i did lose 3.4 last week so that averages out to a lil over 2 lbs a week which isn't too shabby!

keikoasmom 03-10-2009 03:02 PM

Hi Everyone!
I am wavering, thinking about going back to MRC except that it is SO expensive. But the only thing I lost weight on consistantly. Well, that and Medifast, but how long can you eat shakes and soup?
But I lost 2 pounds yesterday! I can't figure it out.
I had coffe and a bagel for breakfast (nothing on the bagel)
I drank the new "G" (gatorade?) on the run ,
Had a cheeseburger at a biker bar with a glass of White Zin for lunch, but I got full (it was big) and bave 1/3 of it to DH. Ate a few french fries, but not many.
Then one of DH's favorite dinners: Beans and Wiennies. I know it sounds funny, but it's cheap, and high protein....pork and beans, hot dogs (kosher) and catsup.
And salad.
And low sugar Blue Bunny ice cream for dessert.
I can't figure it out. Unless a lot of it was water? But I haven't lost for five days....I need to find my journal.

nancylmrn 03-10-2009 03:46 PM

It looks like we are all for a wi in thread! cool

Hey congrats on the losses those are sometimes the hardest thing to capture!

Today I have been so tired, the time zone change is making me crazy so of course I eat....no breakfast today but tortorlini for lunch and cherry tomatos...no wonder my wieight has stalled.

Linda I am with you on the journal I have not been keeping mine up and that is a problem when I was writing religously I stayed right on points..AND planned my meals now it is just what ever is handy and deal with it later point wise. someone give me a kick in the butt please

babynurse91 03-11-2009 12:14 PM

Hey ladies!! I have been MIA sorry!! I have not done well. I am back to my starting weight. Although only 3lbs had been lost I still was pleased. Now I am starting again! I joined officially WW online today and with this I am hoping that I can do this.
I am in for another thread for WI's. I WI on Wednesdays now!
I need help ladies!! What to do....:?:

nancylmrn 03-11-2009 05:42 PM

Well chickies yesterday was good and bad food wise I was under points; way under until I drank a couple of lemon martini's ....boy I have to find a way to leave that stuff alone! :devil: my downfall for sure.

Today is going well but I need you gals to keep kicking my butt to stay in line...I have to go to the dr. next week and it would be nice if I at least showed a loss there.

I am going to start our wi thread since chef has been tied up

hotcubanmama 03-11-2009 06:58 PM

I love the weigh in idea and a challenge would be great...it gets me motivated. I weigh in monday mornings before work.

Let me know so I can participate!

nancylmrn 03-11-2009 10:53 PM

whoo hoo can't start the thread tonight but will tomorrow!

gosh I love this

ChefsGirl 03-12-2009 09:25 PM

Sorry I dropped the ball on the WI thread. I have no idea what is going on w/ my job but I have been SO busy lately!!

Good for the WL tho, too busy to think about eating. Also I don't want to eat the "wrong" foods & then not have the energy to get all my work done. I think it's just going to get worse too.......

WW is going awesome. I am on Week 12 in my journal. I can't believe I've stayed on a program for 12 weeks. Never ever ever ever have I stuck to anything this long. It truly has become a lifestyle for me now.

I've had kind of a great week. I had to retire my favorite work pants. I caught glimpse of myself in a full length mirror last nite at the bar & holy moly were my clothes just hanging off of me. I looked terrible........totally sloppy. I threw those pants in the garbage when I came home. I tried on a pair in my closet that are a size smaller & they looked great. My DF said he's never seen me in such "slim" pants. I'm having a huge clothing crisis & think I'm going to have to give in & buy some new ones since I couldn't find anything at Goodwill. That's hard for me to do, feels like a waste of money. But I can't walk around looking homeless for the next month.

Also had the 1st person notice my weight loss last nite. One of my friends I haven't seen in a really long time asked DF if I had lost weight. She is the 1st one to officially notice.

I'm noticing changes. In my face especially.

I am 0.8 lbs away from where I quit last year. I hit this low weight in May & never got past it. At least I'm ahead of schedule!

Anywho - I'm thinking about you all. I'll try to check in more frequently over the next week. I'll for sure check in this weekend.

keikoasmom 03-13-2009 01:46 AM

I am so proud of all of you, and Nancy we can give each other a good kick, lol!

I have tried to do better, but still not writing in my journal. Tomorrow I will start. And I am going to weigh in on Saturdays.
I have to get a move on, I gained the two pounds back that I lost, but with DH getting a Harley, I can only imagine how I look (but wow, the leather jacket is slenderizing!) but I keep thinking how much better I'll look in two months. I need motivation. So that is it for now.
Chef's girl, You are inspiring me!

nancylmrn 03-13-2009 02:41 PM

Chef glad to see you alive and kicking! That is so awesome that your clothes are falling off LOL (is that a nice thing to say?---yes it is!)

keiko I will kick you if you keep kicking me :D I ate ok yesterday but still I am not being as careful as I should I will find out on wi day.

oh I have to pass something on, it is not food related exactly but I had this cold/flu a few weeks ago and this dry hacking cough has hung on forever. So I got online and started to research and found this home recipe that claims it works 100% well I tried it it was not 100% but it sure has worked better than any drug I have bought (and to date I have tried 5 different kinds). It uses caynne pepper, ground ginger, honey, apple cider vinegar and water. to me it did not taste bad but you can tell it has the pepper in it.

ok I am done now :hug:

ChefsGirl 03-13-2009 03:54 PM

Me? Inspiring? Aw…..stop it ;)

Still busy at work today. TGIF!!! I had the hugest clothing crisis last nite. I needed to find something nice but casual to wear for client meetings this morning & could not find anything everything was either too small or too big. This is starting to become a serious problemo.

Settled on baggy jeans & a sweater that’s still a bit small, but looks okay. Sick of looking like a slob.

Nancy I can’t believe you are still sick! It’s been a couple of weeks hasn’t it? Have you been back to the doctor? I have a coworker that keeps getting really sick too. She just can’t seem to get completely over whatever is going around. My mom bought me some time-release vitamins that I have been taking the last few months. They seem to be keeping me well around all these germs. Or else it’s my new lifestyle? All the fruits & veggies? I also upped my dose of Vitamin C. There is some monster bug going around!!

I did something bad……I think I accidentally started smoking again :smoking:

Not cute.

nancylmrn 03-13-2009 06:28 PM

chefs! :?: lol how can you accidentally start smoking again? I gave up that vice about 12 years ago :hug: hard stuff to get rid of.

as for being sick I don't feel bad just this lingering cough but I do have a dr. appt next week and I will bring it up

Today has been a pretty good day I did splurge and had a humus pita at the pita pit and according to their website it calculated out to about 7.5 pts, not too bad and it was very filling. So dinner tonight will be on the slimmer side

I will check in later chickies...this weekend promises to be busy and maybe even more snow..oh yeah..not

kiki100 03-14-2009 10:32 AM

Well I only lost a pound this week but it is my TOM (the tail end of it) and that most likely affected my progress. I have a goal to lose 5lbs in the next 2 weeks that I REALLY want to meet. It would take me to a total of 70lbs at the time we leave for vacation. I know it's silly but it's a number I had set in my head a long time ago and it's hard to break it. If I had lost 2 this week (like I'd planned) than it would only have been 4 (2 lbs per week...seemed like a reasonable goal to me) so now I have to be extra prudent in my choices and more diligent with my exercise. I can do this. I hope. :D

nancylmrn 03-15-2009 12:40 PM

well wi was awful! I gained 2.0 lbs but then what did I expect with all the junk and wine I have bee consuming in the evenings.

This week will be different I am sitting down now to plan out our meal. Breakfast and lunch are not a big problem it is dinner and after dinner that I get into trouble.

guess I am going to have to change my ticker...:(

kiki a loss is a loss! and you can make your goal as a matter of fact I will make it my goal too. 2.5 pounds a week! for the next two weeks.

I so want to break that 150 mark! but it so elusive so all you chickies will you just start kicking my butt and make me accountable? I promise to tell you everything lol

keikoasmom 03-15-2009 03:56 PM

Well, I still haven't used my journal, but I am being careful. I need to get my act together. Yesterday I was down 1 pound, and today I'm afraid to weigh, maybe that is good? I am a weigh-aholic!

I think (and my sisters are the same) I am compulsive (I love to shop!) and at the same time I am spoiled. Just a bit. I think in the back of my head, there's a voice that says, "Go ahead, you deserve it!" or, "You're worth it!" or that L'oreal thing, although I hate L'oreal because they test on animals.

Well, I would love to know that recipe, Nancy, and I am sorry you are still getting over that cold/flu. My grandson who is 14 has it, and it has wiped him out. I thought he had mono, he fell asleep so easily, but he's also at that age where they grow like weeds. I drink Monavie, and that has kept me mostly from catching anything this winter.
Now, Nancy, I'll kick you, but at the same time I am jealous. I haven't seen 150 since I was in high school....I think I was 165 when I got married ...

But I was thinking yesterday that I was 190 when I went back to school and it isn't too bad that I have only (only??) gained 20 pounds since I wrecked my knee. I am going to make an effort to exercise, even though I have become a real lazybones (not the word I used, lol) and I soooo wish I had an exercise buddy! I will have to look for one.

nancylmrn 03-15-2009 11:04 PM

OK Linda....we are now exercise buddies and will report in to each other every night on how many minutes and how intense we worked out that day...sound good?

I know 150-160 sounds low to some but on my small frame it is a real pain...especially since I am so out of shape

so I need someone to kick my butt and get me going lol

chelley123 03-16-2009 09:57 AM

HI Ladies!!!
I thought this week was going to be a gain but I actually lost .6 pounds. YAY!!!! I had a night out with greasy pizza and alcohol on Thursday and all week I was weighing up a pound but I guess at the last minute my body cooperated.

nancylmrn 03-16-2009 06:33 PM

whoo hoo Michelle congrats!

The wi log has been updated to show your loss

IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME 03-16-2009 08:07 PM

Hi Ladies,
I know ive been MIA, but Ive just been so busy, I havent had a free moment at work or at home to jump online.. Ive been doing okay food wise and havent gained just stayed the same. I just got back from trying to shop for some new clothes for our vacation that we are going on in 2 weeks and now im so down in the dumps. I couldnt find anything, its either too big or too small. I guess im in between sizes. I dont know what im going to do. I do know its time to kick myself in the rear and get back to working out like I should cause boy my body is not a pretty site.. too bad we cant just trade in our bodies for new ones.

hotcubanmama 03-16-2009 11:03 PM

I weighed in today and lost 1.6 from last week for week 2. Not that big of a number but it was enough to get me down to a smaller set of pts :) and I hit my 1st personal goal: to be under 250... I did have a bad 3 days but pulled from them pretty well. Next stop--exercise!

Good job to all :)

nancylmrn 03-17-2009 01:12 PM

Imnot I know how frustrating it can be when you are inbetween sizes...grr but look at it this way maybe you can get new clothes while you are ON vacation...lol :hug: just a thought

hotcuban way to go I would 2 pound loss any week!

I did great yesterday food wise and am going to vow to make it again today. I did find out today from my dr. office that my white count is up so that just means that cold/flu I have battled with one round of antibiotics did not do there thing so it looks like round two? It sure has not slowed my appetite down after that first week four weeks ago...I lost back then but have since gained it back plus two...talk about discouraging lol----feed a cold, starve a fever? or is it the other way around????

nancylmrn 03-19-2009 12:44 PM

Well went to the dr. and she decided I still had the sinus infection I had four weeks ago LOL so now on round two of antibiotics and some other pill that is suppose to help the cough

So naturally what does one do when you get that news? well this chickie when way over her points last night, turkey burger, baked fries and omg beer(s). But now I need to be very good at least for the next 7 days while I am on the drugs. Guess that will keep me honest

ChefsGirl 03-19-2009 05:33 PM

Hi!

Everything is well on the diet front! Work is crazy! I can't believe how busy we are right now.

Nancy - there is def some kind of mutant bug going around this country right now. About 50% of my our floor is out. People are dropping like flies. And it seems to be lingering on forever. The girl I sit next to has been sick for like 2 months & has never really gotten 100% better.

It's so hard to stay on track when you are ill. It takes double willpower!

Speaking of willpower.......I'm going to try my hardest to stay home this weekend. DF & I have been going out WAY too much & my wallet is hurting! One of our fave bands is in town this weekend too so it's going to be a challenge.

But I've been feeling kind of crappy myself the last few weeks. Like I'm getting sick, but not quite there. I really think I need to rest up.

Gotta go!

hotcubanmama 03-19-2009 07:23 PM

Nancy--Hope you are feeling better! Allergies have been at their worst for everyone I know here...we feel your pain. We are getting over the stomach bug-my 2yr old had it first, then I did (only lost a lb though-the man lost 5 grr) and now my 5 yr old has it. Hopefully when spring comes, the sun will come our for good and make everyone healthy again!

I hope everyone rests up and beats the bad bug blues :)

kiki100 03-20-2009 10:38 AM

Well Nancy, I hope you are doing better on your 2.5lb loss this week than I am! After switching from Nutrisystem which allowed me only approx 1200 cal a day the councellor at WW said I may gain a little with this plan but that it was important to stick as close to my 32 points a day allotment. She said that 32 points is what is necessary at my weight to give me the nutrition my body needed and that the gain would be short lived...my body would adjust to the new plan and I would start to see a loss again. I lost 3lbs the first week, 1lb the second and this week I am up a lb BUT weigh in isnt' until tomorrow so I could still WI at the 242 'cause I REALLY don't want to see a gain! At least on WW I don't find I'm starving...I can allow myself to live while making better choices...NS worked but it was getting VERY hard to stick to it. I might have to be happy going on vacation at my 65lb loss instead of my 70lb goal. I think I can live with that.

nancylmrn 03-20-2009 10:55 PM

Well chickies I have had an ok day and as usual always start out with a great plan then the eve comes and I am useless. WI will be..who knows probally another gain at which time will really slap me back into reality to kill the homemade pizza and wine. :o

Anyway I have to say the rest of you seem to be doing awesome! I feel like a proud parent to watch you all lose!

And yes work has been crazy!..I am part owner in a business and when my partner is in town I work long hours and 6 days a week so it really does play with my eating habits. He will be here through next weekend so my postings may not be as consistent? Gonna need all the help I can get to at least moderately stay on track

:grouphug:

kiki100 03-21-2009 09:25 AM

Good luck Nancy! Working late can make your weight loss efforts more difficult...but I know you can do it!! Just don't beat yourself up over it...the way I see it this is meant to be a journey...with UPs and downs...as long as there are more downs than ups...we still win!! :D

I stayed the same this week. Dang it. But I'm okay with that...I feel good...it will start to come off...we leave next week for vacation...maybe I can beat the odds and be one of those people who can lose weight on vacation!! LOL!! I'll give it a shot...

:p

tdiprincess 03-21-2009 10:12 AM

Hi chickies! I've decided to join this thread, if I can! :)
I WI on Thursdays. This week I was down 2lbs, so I'm at 151.
Last night I lost it though :( I had lunch with some friends and by the time lunch was done I'd used all my points for the day. After that, I just kinda "gave up" and stopped counting. I decided that that means my 35pts are gone for the week. Although, I'm a little odd, I WI on Thursdays, but I base my 35pts off Sundays. So Sunday I will get 35 more. I try to not use the 35 during the week, which I hadn't this week. I generally pick one day each week to use a few of the points.. nothing like last night though!
Today I will be getting back on track. I haven't exercised yet, but I will be shortly. I've been taking care of DH, he doesn't feel well this morning :(
and I'm off.. :flow1:

nancylmrn 03-21-2009 10:56 PM

kiki hang in there!
tdiprincess way to go on the loss!

As for me this late night stuff has really gotten to me but like you all say tomorrow is another day and if I am up well...so be it. Just means I need to re-group and re-focus which I know I need to do.

If any of you are interested we started a tread with our losses for the month and are tracking them just jump over there and let me know the loss and I will add you name and totals

toodles
nancy

ChefsGirl 03-23-2009 08:40 PM

Okay, so I need to make a confession.

I get my 35 WA points on Saturdays & I ATE THEM ALL by Sunday nite.

No more flex points for me this week. It is going to be hard!!! I really have to focus on nutrition so I make sure I don't get hungry. Plus I had to go down 3 points, I hadn't been adjusting as I moved into new decades.......my bad.

Work is crazy stressful right now still! But things are quiet on the homefront so that's good. Can't take too much at once you know.

Hope everyone is doing well! Love the new WI thread!

nancylmrn 03-23-2009 10:54 PM

Oh chefs, I know what you mean. I have been so unfocused the past three weeks and my weight shows it. My wi was sunday and I was to scared to get on the scale and still am. I vow I will get better but I just can't seem to shake this funk I am in.

the cold/flu I am still trying to get over (round two of antibiotics), working 6 days a week and stress is the business going to have to close in a few months?

blah blah blah...I know these are excuses. I just can't seem to pull it together. I have not even started my traditional new thread this week for us at home chickies.

I have to work through Sat again this week so I hope next week I will focus for good

keep kicking my back side chickies I need it

nancylmrn 03-25-2009 11:09 PM

It has been a crazy couple of days but the end is in sight for me! I still have not go back into the swing of using my journal but I am watching what I eat closer. I did get on the scale this morning and am the same as a week ago which is a bit of a relief but I surely need to get back on track

so chickies I am waiting for my next kick in the backside lol

kiki100 03-26-2009 08:13 AM

This week I've learned that youc an fall off the wagon, forgive yourself and get right back on! So I REALLY overindulged this past weekend...BOTTLE of wine on Saturday plus a rich dinner and then Sunday went to buffet and put the diet on hold. I'm very weak at buffet's and will avoid them like the plaque from now on!! So I get on the scale Monday and I'm UP 4 freakin' pounds!!

I got really strict this week (and to think it's only Thursday...I don't weigh in until Saturday!) and I'm already down those 4 plus 3 more! I wonder if sometimes we need to shake it up...eat a little more...eat a little less...keep the body guessing? This weeks loss resembles when I first started this diet!! (Plus it's probably safe to assume that some of those lbs were related to the amount of salt in the buffet food.)

Anyhoo...I'm a happy camper again...I realize it's okay to indulge once in awhile...(I really wasn't allowing myself at all for the last 6 months!)...and than pick up where I left off and keep on truckin'.

Forgive my enthusiasm, I am just feelin' pretty good right now!!! Can't wait for Saturday's weigh in...and also 'cause we will take off for Toronto Sat night for our early Sunday flight to sunny Florida!! Watch out Mickey Mouse...hahahahahaha!!!!

:D