Old 01-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

Doing okay. Have used either some exercise or some flex points each day this week, but I HAVE had a good exercise twice (I only do that every other day - there isn't a good opportunity for a shower EVERY day with two little ones) and I haven't gone over. Doing okay today.
In other news, we just bought a used piano!! I am so excited. They brought it last night, and it's only slightly out of tune, (just some keys at the top and the bottom) even after all the moving, so I have been thoroughly enjoying myself today! I don't play well, but I play well enough to enjoy myself.
I am going to a game night tonight (another happy thought) but I am going to have to brush my teeth and bring some mints with me so I'm not tempted by whatever goodies are there. They aren't worth not losing weight this week!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I know what you mean when you have little one! I remember those days but my little ones are now 27, 23, 17 and 16 LOL so showers are not a problem unless you count how many towels I have to wash per week

I am going to try and get back on track today and have planned all my meals I will keep you updated
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi Everyone!!! I feel like it's been forever since I have had a chance to jump on here. I started a 12 week fitness Camp at my gym. Ive have been doing so great, staying in my points, getting all my veggies, oils, dairy, water, etc.. I havent missed a work out and I have been doing my interval cardio and hour long classes at the gym, so I decided to step on the scale just to see and I got a big fat nothing.. No loss so far and it's been 2 weeks, it's so discouraging. I do feel better and have more energy and my belly bulge feels like its gone down. I just dont get it. I know my official weigh in is not until Saturday, but I figured I would have lost at least 1lb by now.
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #19  

Height: 5'7"

So busy the last few days! I FINALLY got a good nites sleep last nite (thank you Ambien!) & I was so glad I did when I got into today & had a big "fire drill" analysis to throw out by 10 am. I submitted it at 9:59 thank you very much

Went to the doctor yesterday b/c my insomnia has gotten completely out of control. Best thing I've ever done. I laid my little head down at 9:00 last nite & literally did not move until my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning. I can't remember the last time I slept that peacefully for that long. It was truly wonderful & I felt like I could conquer the world & all of my problems this morning.

The scale has been kind of stuck this week but I had kind of a big loss last week so it's expected. I'm staying on track tho........which is amazing due to the emotional rollercoaster I've been on. DF & I were discussing tonite how well the diet is going, it's just a total non-issue right now for some reason. It's truly becoming habit.

Hey Anna, just a thought but since you've increased your exercise so much are you maybe not eating enough?
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 PM   #20  
Work in Progress

Default #@#% is cursing allowed?

Well SO I didn't work out for the 7th day in a row and before that I worked out 9 in a row.....yes I am inconsistent to say the least!

And Anna I know what you mean with the scale not moving...that has been my issue for months..it took me 30 days to lose 1lbs...no matter what I was doing! exercise, not exercise, staying op, not staying op....

I think that is why I am so discouraged...I will say a + though my clothes are fitting a bit nicer but still.....I need to see the scale go down just to stay motivated

Jill I am so glad you are getting the insomnia under control...that is an on again off again thing for me. right now I am ok but when those weeks when you lay in bed until 1-2 am still awake then to fall asleep only to wake up an hour or so later have to pee then the alarm goes off....crap...and no matter what I said to my dr. that was not his primary concern he was treating other symptoms I had...well I think we have the medication thing down right now. So now as long as I take some time in the eve. to wind down I can usually fall asleep in 45 min and stay that way for almost 6 hours ...for me that is enormous

Ok my great chickie support I am going to shower, read a book, relax then sleep until 5am....lol
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #21  

Jill im glad to hear you got a finally got a great night of sleep. You might be right about the not eating enough, I have never counted activity points before. I do the old winning points plan where you have a point range and bank any unused points. All week I have been eating 5 to 6 times a day, and using a lot more fruits,veggies, and fiber... its great that I never feel hungry, but it's so hard to eat all of my points. I plan on using my extra points this weekend so maybe that will help.

Nancy, it will be okay just force yourself to do a work out and you will get back into it!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hey Everyone,
I have been so strict for 5 weeks and I'm about to lose my mind!!!! I have 18 points left for dinner and I want to eat out but everything is a ridiculous amount of points!!! I'm ready to just blow my diet tonight. I really want to have a quizno's sub AND a cookie but I know that it will be over 18 points which is totally depressing!! I already feel like I haven't lost weight this week and don't want to make it worse but I am am having SUCH a killer craving!!!!
What should I do?

Last edited by chelley123; 01-30-2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: spelling
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #23  

TGIF chickies!

It’s the end of the week for me & I have 2 points left!! That’s it. That’s all she wrote. I ate all of my weekly allowance this week.

I just ate a big salad w/ chicken, Caesar dressing, olives & croutons. I have my late night snack planned as a big bowl of fruit. Hope that tides me over until morning! I’m not used to being out of points so I’m a big panicky.

WI is tomorrow & the scale has not been so kind this week. Wish me luck!

Michelle – step away from the cookie! Unless you have some of your weekly allowance left than make it work & eat what you want. Just count it! If you can’t make it work point wise, try finding a lower point alternative to what you are craving. Can you make a sub at home so you can manage your portions & still have what you want (it’ll be cheaper too!!)? When I’m really craving cookies I lean on the 100 calorie snack packs. Lorna Dorne (??) cookies are good.

Sometimes if I really want something but just can’t make it work pointwise I’ll plan my menu tomorrow & make sure I work it in. That way I know I can have it soon, just not right now.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #24  

JR- I ended up ordering a reg sub for 15 points and I didn't get the cookie. I have 3 points left for the day and i will have a Skinny Cow Ice Cream. I actually have 28 WA points and 13 activity points but I find when i eat them it slows my weight loss.
So I think I managed the crisi well and didn't get the cookie that was calling my name, LOL.
BTW the Lorna Doone Cookies ARE awesome!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #25  

Michelle you did aweseme! You should really, really be proud of yourself. You are definately in control.

Yay you!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 PM   #26  
Work in Progress

well chickies it looks like you cluckers have it under control much better than me but that is ok I did weigh myself and am up 1.5--but expected it so starting sunday I know i will be back on plan----I know I am putting this off

Did I mention that I have had some stress this week...you know this really marked a week for me to reflect, I am now convinced I am a creature of habit and if you mess with my routine even a little bit I have a hard time recovering.

anyway I have whined, wined and overly dinned and will start fresh on sunday morning and plan on kicking some poor chicken butts to get in gear with me

was that too harsh???

did I also mention you all are wonderful support?????

Last edited by nancylmrn; 01-30-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #27  

Nancy, you will get back on track tomorow as you have to be accountable to us for the next 7 days. We want to hear about every morsel of food you put in your mouth, every bit of exercise you do, and every ounce of water you drink.

We also want to hear about when you are thinking of "falling of the wagon" so we can talk you out of it!

You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!

Now for a little bragging on my part........

A couple of awesome things happened at WI today.

I no longer have 200 lbs to lose………I’m at 199 lbs left.

I got out of the 350’s. A new decade!

I got to add another dancer to my crew & change my ticker.

My grand total loss for the month is 11.6 lbs.

I am super duper (maybe a little annoying) motivated right now! Bring on the new week!

I also realized that I was supposed to be eating less points since I've moved out of 2 decades now. I subtracted 2 from my daily allowance, so we'll see how that goes......

Hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend! My DF is cleaning the house for me right now so I can relax. He is getting big, huge points!
Old 01-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #28  

Nancy- JR is right, we are here to help you just like all the times you have encouraged us.
JR- I noticed your new dancer! Congratulations you are awesome!

I think my weight loss is going to be 2 pounds this week (if that), I'm a little disappointed, I guess I'm spoiled from all the big weeks I've had. If I have a super small loss this week I'm gonna try using all my activity and allowance points next week and seeif that jump starts things. I haven't had much dessert except some diet ice cream and I miss it. I also really miss bread! LOL Well, hopefully things will go well Monday.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #29  

Have you tried the single serving blue bunny ice cream things? I discovered those on sale last week & they are yummy & perfect for desert.

Last nite I had a bowl of grapes & apples w/ Lite Cool Whip. It was surprisingly really, really good & only 2 pts. I'm going to have it again tonight. It would be really good w/ some added walnuts too.

Anyone have plans for tomorrow's game? We're going to a friends, which I'm looking forward to. DF is a Steelers fan so he's super excited.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:04 PM   #30  

Nancy just think, tomorrow is a fresh start! Dont worry about what happened this week, it's over with and you can get back on it!!!!!
Great job on the loss chelly & Jill!!! Chelly I eat Sara Lee's Delightful wheat bread.. Its really yummy and 2 slices is only 1 point and its low in carbs. I dont know what I would do with out it!!!
I had my wi today and im down 1.2lbs.. Not the big loss like im used to. I would love to have another 6 or 5lb loss like I have had before, but I guess something is better than nothing. Ive hit my points for the day and tonight im gonna splurge on my leftover points. I have been craving a beer all week, so I figured tonight will be the night!
Im worried about tomorrow... I cant wait for the game, but im so worried about the food. We are going to my parents house and my dad is grilling some stuff. Im thinking I will take over a turkey burger for him to throw on the grill for me and bring a 100cal pack of Cheetos I should be good. I just have to stay away from all of the other goodies he loves to make. My Mom has congestive heart failure so she is on a very strict diet of no sugar or sodium so im going to make sure I sit next to her and have some of her veggie tray.. I am proud of myself, I did not miss one workout all week and I cant tell you the last time that has happened!