Old 01-01-2009, 12:49 PM   #31  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

happy new year everyone!

This is going to be 'our year' for greatness! Not only are we going to lose some of this weight we are going to feel good and look good! Makes me feel all excited inside

texs-- welcome back I have missed you too! I thought you might have fallen off the planet until realized nope it is just the holidays.
thanks for starting that new thread I will hop over there and post my daily food goals...you know me it is all subject to change but at least if I write it down I try hard to stick to it.

Well today I am going to go shopping with my sister-at least that is the plan- if not well I am sure I can find something I can do to stay out of the kitchen. Or maybe I go back in the kitchen and cook some meals to freeze? Then I have dinner time fixes

Which reminds me if anyone has a meal that freezes well let me know
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:51 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Happy New Year!

I have just started back on the WW plan this past Monday and I've lost some weight. I also started exercising today. I got on the treadmill for 15 minutes and lifted weights. I can tell I don't exercise because my butt and legs are yelling at me.

SW: 244.6
CW: 243.4
GW: 140

It seems like a long way to the goal, but I'm going to start setting mini goals for myself and work towards those.

O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

O2B - WTG on starting to exercise! Hope you are doing well on your plan!

Nancy - Nope - still here - just maintaining this month, but I'm sure glad to e back! Your meals aren't boring - I get idea from you lots!

Well, DH has decided to jump on the WW bandwagon - he finally decided that he needs to lose weight, BUT he says he doesn't want to. I told him I'd help him along for a bit, but then he had to take an initiative to measure and fix his own food. Last time, he wanted me to do EVERYTHING for him and I just couldn't do it - hopefully he will commit this time!

Anyway, about to start exercising. I got a Wii Fit for Christmas and it's lots of fun!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:01 PM   #34  
Work in Progress

OTB good job its all about slow and steady to take and keep off. I think I am the expert there .... mine is sure slow but then again it has been an interesting ride.

You know I don't know if there is anything to this but when I have lost weight in the past..and it was a faster loss I gained it back. I am just wondering if because I am going so slow if I will have greater sucess in keeping it off as I get comfortable with each new "weight". Also there is the belief that it takes XX amt of days to change a bad/create a good behavior Goodness knows my eating habits are out of control but now that I have been into this for six months I don't crave many things I had before..well except for the wine

texs I will update my menu for yesterday and put in todays
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I exercised again this morning. This is my second day. I only did it for 15 minutes again, but my legs are screaming at me. It sure shows that I sit all day at work and don't get any exercise.

Next week I am back to work, but I hope to get up at 5:15 and exercise before I need to get ready for work. I have to do it in the morning because I know if I wait until I get home it won't happen.

Exercising has always been my thorn in the flesh, but I know I need to do it and I'm working on changing my attitude about it.

I have done well with my WW plan. I've only had one day that I used the extra points. I'm trying not to use them unless I feel the need for more food.

Good luck to all of you and have a great weekend.
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

I walked for an hour yesaterday and hopr to get at least one hour tomorrow but today I worked 8-6 and it's too dark now to walk
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #37  
Work in Progress

congrats to both of you for working out! I know when it is dark walking is not an option for me either and working out first thing in the am is no good either I get up a 5am as it is just to go to work let alone get up any earlier to work out...I do manage to use my dvd's but have not these past two weeks...I feel soooo lazy lol
but I will be back in the routine sunday
Old 01-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #38  

Oh mannnnnnnnnnn - I had BK this morning cause I didn't plan very well! Oh well, I posted on the menu thread - I'll be chowing down on veggies the rest of the day

I hate to say this, but I am glad the holidays are coming to a close. My hubby and the kids have been off for 2 weeks and they are beginning to drive me crazy! I need to get back on my schedule - I just feel lazy and unmotivated with everyone hanging around here! I need to get my life and house back on tract! Anyone else feeling this way? Hope it's not just me!

WTG on those who are exercising - I have been doing my Wii Fit everyday - It's got some pretty good strenghth training and cardio on it. My dr finally lifted my exercise ban, but he wants me to take it slow. I am starting with this and will work back up to my WATP videos - I sure do miss them!

Hope you guys all have a great OP day!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #39  
Work in Progress

texs I soo know what you mean about the holidays, being out of sinc, and getting back into the routine that works. I even know in my head that it should not have been an issue and I should have continued on with MY normal routine but life has a way of getting in the way

I am setting my mind to start back fresh on Sunday that is my official wi and I know I have gained. But I am going to start this new week with a new resolve and sick to it, I know I can

Well today is the last of my holiday dinners to attend and I am sure I will indulge but like I said it is the last then back on the wagon for me LOL.. And I like that wagon

Tomorrow I will be making soups I can carry to work I already have stocked my freezer with fish and chicken, and my veggie drawer is full so I am armed and ready
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

Hello All -

I have been totally sick since NYE. I sucked it up & went out for my birthday dinner which should've been a good time, but I felt like crap. I haven't left my house since. This might be the worst cold I've ever had.

On a positive note, I have no appetite. WI day for me is Saturday & I lost 5.2 lbs last week. Yay!

Tex - I've only done the 1st section of the workout vid. I liked it. It give lots of options for low or high impact & it went by really fast. I did the aerobic section, when I get well I'm going to try the cardio dance

Does anyone watch "Ruby"? Since I've been home sick, I watched the whole season yesterday. I find her so inspirational.

I am also so glad that the holidays are over. December is chaos for us, both of our B-days are also in December & we make a big deal out of them. I'm exhausted & broke!

I was looking foward to kind of keeping to myself in January, but I noticed that I have already have something going on every weekend!! I really need to learn how to start saying no.

I am dying to buy a Wii Fit!! We play video games all the time (yay Guitar Hero). I think I'm still over the weight limit tho, so I guess I'll have to wait a while until I can get one.

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-03-2009 at 06:01 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #41  

good evening all

i haven't had a chance to log in in a few days but i have been op. i missed my exercise today but will make up for it tomorrow.
bluemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #42  

Nancy - what soups are you cooking up? Since hubby has decided to start dieting too, I feel like I could make up some batches without it all going to waste and without freezing lots!

JR - the weight imit on Wii Fit is 330 - from your ticker, you are pretty close to that! I wanted to buy the My Fitness Trainer for Wii - have you tried that one yet? Any reviews?

blue - glad to see you!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi everyone!
I already kind of rambled on the menu board but the gist is I walked for 2 hours (8 activity points) and I ate pretty good (28/30 may have a late night snack )
I want to get the weight loss game for Nintendo ds. Has anyone seen it? it comes with a pedometer.
I am a little down in the dumps cause I weighed today and apparently I have only lost a pound. I hope that it isn't like this every week or else it will take me at least another 85 weeks if I don't gain any weight in that time!!!! I have been trying super hard! I have written down EVERYTHING, walked like a crazy woman, not eaten any extra food or junk (minus my nightly ice cream (2-4 points) and some baked lays with my sub yesterday). LOL, I guess I have plateued on my first official week on WW.
Michelle
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #44  
Work in Progress

Jr I am so sorry you have been sick that really does suck! But you are on the mend now and you lost weight durning the holiday a lot of weight! you go girl!

blue good job on exercise!

texs I will be making the taco soup and the zero pt ww soup asian style, but I did notice the last time I made it the green peppers did not freeze well they got mushy so next time I think I will puree them. and I added bamboo shoots they did well being frozen

chelly don't worry about what you call a small loss...believe me on this journey you will have some weeks you lose more than others and other weeks when you have done everything right and still gain...go figure? just remember it is not a race to lose it is learning a new way of life

ok I had my last holiday dinner tonight and it was all vegan...it was actually very good, I skipped the pie but did have a glass of wine

wi is tomrrow and I am sure I have gained and I am prepared for it. But like I said tomorrow is the start of my new year so I look at the wi as a new start...just like it was my first

see you all tomorrow