Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/200/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Smile My first day

I started WW at home today

After being on many diets recently (more like jumping back and forth to different ones in a panic to drop some pounds) I seem to always want to come back to WW. I lost 30 pounds a few years back doing ww, but Ive had some family problems which threw me into an emotional eatting pattern for comfort, so I gained all back +5 pounds

So...Im going to put my all into this again...already worked out for the day and ate a good low point breakfast. Excercise is key for me cause my weight doesnt seem to budge if I dont move, and I haven't been working out that much at all. My excuse being I'm on my feet most of the day at work and thats enough. What a crock

Anyways, I hope I can squeeze in here with you guys to help me along my journey

Last edited by Tigerseye; 11-01-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Tigerseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM   #2  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb

S/C/G: 148/146.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Let me be the first to say all the best of luck to you!!! We're all in this together... and you'll find this is one amazing support group!

We can do it!
MadelinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Nancy! I have been doing WW at Home since July '08 and found this group in Aug. It is a great support system! Good luck on your WL journey. to you for realizing that you need to exercise and jumping right in!

Hope to see youpost on the weekly support thread!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/155

Height: 5'-6"

Wink Way to GO!

Hey Lady. I'm new to 3fatchicks, but not to starting over with WW...yet again. I've tried other things too, but for some reason I find comfort in WW. In that I have control over the types of food I can eat and that there are no BAD foods.

I have a friend that will see me eating a cookie (knows my diet status) and says "Are you aloud to eat that!!!!!". I don't want to feel bad about having a sweet now and then, and WW helps me with that. I get enough guilt from my mother!

So good luck, and I'm with you.

I just love this guy->
Erin Spring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC. I have found tremendous support here and you will too. Losing pounds seems excruciatingly slow compared to how fast we can gain. Keep it up and the numbers will drop.

About your work, did you try wearing a pedometer? I hear you are supposed to take 10,000 steps a day.
fattgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone

I like this guy too LOL!

I have people around me too that watch what I eat...and I dont need the extra pressure. I'm looking forward to being supported here...thats all I need
Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Nancy welcome back! I did the same thing with ww. I lost all my weight on it several years ago and then went off it (regretting that daily) gained all my weight back and now after yo yo dieting on so many different plans I bought a new at home kit and came back to the most sensible and easiest plan for myself. I like that nothing is off limits as well. Come join us on the daily thread too!
oh and about walking since you are on your feet each day. I recently did the Step Diet (not the diet plan, just the walking plan) and to lose weight, wear a pedometer and each day write down how many steps you take, for you it will be really high since your on your feet all day working. But take those numbers and average it out for the week and then add 2000 extra steps a day to that average and it guarentees you'll never gain weight again, and it was right. But if you are dieting you will lose easily that way too try it sometime! Between that and ww for the last 4 weeks Ive lost 4 1/2 inches off my waist! I contribute that to the step diet, it got me on my treadmill on a regular basis each day so I'm thankful
But anyway, welcome back and hope to get to know you better!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you found one of the most supportive forums out on the internet LOL

You will find we are a fun group and love to post the little ups and downs in our life. it is not only supportive but educational as well

can't wait to learn more about you, keep posting!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:52 PM   #9  

I am definately going to get a pedometer and keep track of my steps. Ive also started using leslie sansones walk at home dvds, so that should boost.

I did go over my points today..but a weird and wonderful thing happened. At work today there was all sorts of cakes, cookies and treats on the breakroom table and although I had a small piece of cake and a few cookies, they didnt have the pull on me i thought they would. I would usually pick something up everytime I passed the table and was so happy that I didnt feel drawn to binge on anything. Im not used to that feeling and not sure where it came from. Maybe I didnt want to undo my excercise, I dunno. But I like it!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/160/150/140/135

Height: 5'3'

Hi everyone, I would like to join your group. I have been a WW lifetime member for too many years to count, but like so many fall off the wagon and have to jump back on. I need some encourgement from people in the same boat that can relate. My DH claims to do low carb (but he really doesn't) and my friend eats what ever she wants with no regards to weight (she is over weight...but embraces it) I am happy she can do that, but I am so unhappy with my weight, the way I feel and the way I look. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and supporting you as well as we walk down this road together.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #11  

I think this evening (is it already evening here) I am going to make my menu for the week...and I need to re-read my WW info so I can jump back on. I need to loose most of my weight before April and I have a wedding to attend in July, so I would like to look and feel great. It will be the first time I have seen my family in over a year and I would like to be back to my thiner self.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

Welcome aboard Reece, glad to see you are back. sounds like you have a plan with your weight loss goals

I find it helps to plan my menu at least a day in advance, it keeps me on point

Please post often
Old 11-02-2008, 01:11 PM   #13  

Thanks nancylmrn, I think planning my menu for the next day sounds like a good idea. I think I will "plan" it for the week, or at least have options available for the week. When I get hungry I will eat anything and if I have plenty of healthy foods I will gravitate to that.

I use to have a fruit smoothie on my way to work every morning, but got away from it for some reason. The smootie has 1/2 frozen banana, 1/3 cup frozen raspberries (or any frozen friut) 1 cup skim milk, 1 t vanilla, 1 T flax seed (optional) and 8 ice cubes. WHen you put it in a blender it makes a nice 3 cup plus thick shake. It starts your day off with milk and fruit...the flax seed gives you added fiber. Even though the weather is pretty cool here, I think I will have one in the morning to celebrate my future weight loss.

My goal this week is to loose 1 1/2 pounds, and when I do, I am going to reward myself with a nice long hot bubble bath wtih candles...and take my DVD player in to watch a movie while I soak up the bubbles. I think I will treat myself to a bottle of sparkling water to quinch my thirst too...in a pretty glass.

Anyone have a favorite reward they like to shower themselves with then they reach a goal? I believe in rewarding myself for every milestone.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #14  

Hi Reece...and welcome!

I just started back myself, but this time really trying to focus on excercising. I have tried to take off weight just by dieting and its just not working...my metabolism is just a mess I suppose.

I was thinking of getting a silver charm bracelet, and for every 10 pounds I lose I add a charm.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #15  
Work in Progress

what a cool idea Nancy with the bracelet, wish I had thought of something like that. My goal is when I hit 150 I will buy a new pair of jeans that actually fit just below my waist. Not these horrid things I have now that are ride so low on my hips that my belly falls over LOL