Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At Home support Sept 15-21

Well my little band of roosting chickies another week down and another wonderful week to come

I did not fare so well last week, at WI on Sunday I managed to gain a pound, i don't know if it is water weight or not since I had been down only .5 the entire week then to get on the scale and show 1.5 increase in one day! grrr

So with renewed effort and attitude I am starting fresh and back on my wagon again. I did over do my points though on Sunday..was the state fair and I did great up until the time DH wanted to do a bit of wine tasting....and even that was not the breaker...it was dinner out at a mexican resturant and the three tortilla's sent my points through the roof. (of course this all happened after weigh in)

I need to find some motivation to start exercising I think that is one of my major problems. I have a stepper, a mini trampoline, some great DVD's but none are inspiring me to get with it.

What do you do when you are not motivated?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe I am going to admit this, but when I am not motivated, sometimes I will watch a little bit of a testosteronish movie, like Fight Club or flip through a fitness mag. My avatar is my athletic hero, Lokelani McMichael, and the same pic is on my fridge. Sometimes I also download some new music or podcasts on my Ipod and make myself go for a run or something because that's the only time I will let myself listen to it. Also, every once in a while I like to try on the clothes that I couldn't even button in April and watch them fall off of me -- that is a personal favorite of mine.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
I can't believe I am going to admit this, but when I am not motivated, sometimes I will watch a little bit of a testosteronish movie, like Fight Club or flip through a fitness mag. My avatar is my athletic hero, Lokelani McMichael, and the same pic is on my fridge. Sometimes I also download some new music or podcasts on my Ipod and make myself go for a run or something because that's the only time I will let myself listen to it. Also, every once in a while I like to try on the clothes that I couldn't even button in April and watch them fall off of me -- that is a personal favorite of mine.
Wow, I just reread that. I really hope I don't come off as a jerk.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:54 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

No you sounded just fine and inspirational .... but lol it did not motivate me tonight. When I got home from work I noticed my daughter ate the last of my ww tuna noodle cassorle, so I had not ready made dinner like I planned so that really threw me off. So tomorrow I plan better
Old 09-16-2008, 12:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Get a dog.... go for runs with it every morning. They will harass you until you get your but out the door, mine does anyways LOL. On another note... I was within my points ALL WEEK!! Horray!! I even have 2 flex points left over. Hope everyone is doin ok
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #6  
Work in Progress

LOL I have a dog even she does not get up at 5am with me. I am out the door at 5:45 on my way to work and don't return untill 6pm, then the dinner thing for the family by then it is 7pm and if I exercise later I am up all night...There has to be a way and I refuse to get up any earlier to work out
Old 09-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

ey guys - Just wanted to check in and let you all know that we made it through Hurricane Ike and are doing fine! We just got power back late last night, but our phone lines are down and cell towers are sporadic

We are at Chick fil a so that we could use the WiFi - hope all is well with everyone else!

Due to Ike I haven't been WW very strictly, but hoping to get back on this week!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #8  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Glad to hear that you are okay after the hurricane. I can't even imagine how scary that would be.

I am doing WW Flex at home and belong to TOPS so my weigh in is Tues. evenings. I need to find somewhere to be accountable on the days I don't have the meeting. You would think that putting the points in would help but it doesn't as I have a bad habit of not putting them in when I eat compulsively. Looking to do better. I lost 11.5 lbs through the summer then lost momentum and gained 3.5 back in the last two weeks (we will see what tonight brings.) Have been exercising though so that helps me feel better even if not following food plan. Today is a new day and I am reminding myself that I am in control here not the food.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/150/125

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I am sure I am about the last WW follower to discover this, but yesterday I tried my first fibre 1 bar... AMAZING!! It totally fills me up for only 2 points, and there's chocolate!!! Just in case there is anyone out there who hasn't tried them, I highly recommend it.
time2shine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #10  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

My niece introduced me to the fiber one bars and they are yummers. I like being able to have chocolate and caramel with only two points.

I lost 1.5 lbs. for last week. Followed plan to the letter yesterday. For me having the healthy requirements checklist helps as I tend to avoid things like veggies and fruits if I am not tracking.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #11  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Default Morning all....

I thought I'd just check in. I've done pretty good at maintaining until this last week. I've had some stress in my life the last two weeks and I think it's affecting me. Anyways, I'm up a pound (I know that it's not huge but I'm so aware that 1 can quickly turn into 2, etc...) So I'm back on plan and will continue to work to where I feel comfortable.

You all are doing wonderful, keep up the good work.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #12  
Likes to eat.....

S/C/G: 196/160/138

Height: 5ft 5 inches

Hello
I'm new to this part of the fourm but not dieting! This is my 3rd week on weight watchers and i've lost 3lbs so far :-) I couldnt get to my meeting this evening and wont be able to from now on so I though i'd pop in here for motivation. I do find watching weight loss programs on tv can keep me on track. I want to loose 1lb a week till the 18th decemeber, thats feels ok to me. The supermarket where I live only carries 3 types of the bars/cookies so I find it hard to count sometimes, I might try core plan sometime
Majella
Jella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Jella!

Bunnababy - I didn't know that Fiber One made a chocolate and caramel bar. Yummy!

mamaspank - I loved your motivational ideas.

I am haven't lost any weight this week but at least I haven't gained.

Take care,

Jo
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Welcome all you new chickies and to the the others (you know who you are LOL) hello

This week has been a hard one for me and like all of you we come here for support, motivation and just sometimes to whine LOL

OK here I go....working long days from this past wednesday to a week from saturday so my mind is like mush and it is really hard to stick to my points since I have to eat out two meals out of three. And to top it off I totally blew the promise to myself about abstaining from wine and have drank three nights since last friday.

Ok I am done being self indulgent with myself and actions..I know I control what I eat and when. with that being said I give you all a group hug and will stagger on here later