Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 09:26 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 2/25 - 3/3

Starting the topic
Old 02-25-2002, 09:31 AM   #2  

Just a quick note from me - I aggravated the problem in my back/shoulder blade on Saturday helping Tony to put a new slipcover on our couch. The couch looks great - the muscles spasms aren't fun. Being on the computer is *not* good for it so I'll be limiting my computer time to work today.

I decided not to weigh in on Saturday (although I did go to my meeting). I was so filled with water (I ended up getting TOM on Saturday) and I just didn't want to see a gain of the same 0.6 I had gained, lost, etc. I had a rough night on Saturday - I'll chalk it up to being in pain. I'm back OP - I have PT this morning that will probably be my exercise for the day - I may walk on the treadmill a bit - I'll see how I feel.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/156.6/135
Old 02-25-2002, 11:18 AM   #3  

Good Morning, quick post off to my meeting and weigh in. TOM is here in full force so I am not too hopefull.

Weekend was ok, stayed pretty much OP. Monster Truck show was horrible, but I did not think I was going to enjoy it anyway. Trip to Florida has changed, now just going for a long weekend Fri-Tues. That is enough for me. Actaully nice as I won't have to deal with cooking an Easter dinner, we will be gone.

Judy-so sorry about your neck muscles, hope PT helps with the pain for you today. I have already planned my lunch for after weigh in of chinese, can't hold of the any longer.

I will try and be back later today.

I hope you all had a great weekend and a great today.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:07 PM   #4  

Judy, OUCH! I feel your pain. Those muscle spasms are terrible. I had the dr. call in a script for a muscle relaxer which really helped without any side effects. Hope you're better soon.

Michele, good luck with the weigh in. I hate weighing during TOM!

I had a pretty good weekend and hope to keep it up until Wednesday's weigh in. Sneak peek isn't that great.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #5  

OMG! Is all I can say, I just came back from WI and I am down 2 pounds even with TOM. I guess my slump is really over. I am now just 2.4 pounds away from goal.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Judy - I'm sorry you further aggrevated your back and shoulder problem. Rest up and get better soon. I completely understand your not weighing in on Saturday, but good for you for getting to the meeting.

Michele - Sometimes you just have to give into the to make him go away. Have your Chinese food, and enjoy each and every bite to the maximum.

Karen - Don't worry about that sneak peek. You had a good weekend, you'll have a good today and tomorrow, and your weigh-in will be just fine.

I join Judy and Michele in being in the full throes of TOM. My sneak peek this morning almost sent me back in bed and under the covers. It was that scary. Hopefully I'll flush it all out of my system before Wednesday. The weekend was so/so. We went out to eat too much and I didn't make the best choices. On the other hand, the meals that we didn't eat out were light and I did a good job getting the water in. I'm back OP and will try to keep it to the low end of points and we'll see what happens when I weigh in on Wednesday.

Have a good day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-25-2002, 04:42 PM   #7  

Michele, Congratulations! WOOHOO!! You have done so well, Michele, I'm proud of you. You'll be at goal before you know it.

Carla, it's hard for me to eat out and stay OP too. But you did well eating light the rest of the time and getting in all your water. I'll be cheering for you on Wednesday!
Old 02-25-2002, 04:55 PM   #8  

Michele,

We were posting at the same time earlier. Congrats on the loss! How exciting that you're that close to goal. We'll be cheering you on to the finish line!

Carla
Old 02-25-2002, 09:42 PM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

Sorry about the hockey games Friday and Sunday!

Judy - hope your back/shoulder thing is on the mend. Sounds like something I get at the lower insertion of my trapezius from time to time. Mine generally feels like someone is inserting a knife in my back and twisting it. Definitely not fun. I got some exercises from PT to do; they help a lot when I remember to do them. Hope you'll be feeling better soon. Probably a good plan to skip the weigh in on Saturday.

Michele - I'm utterly dazzled by your achievement! You've done so well. WAY TO GO!!! You must be walking on air! You certainly kicked that plateau's butt out of town! WOO HOO! My sympathies on the Monster Truck thing!

Karen - hope your good weekend translates into a good loss for you! I'll be waiting for Wednesday to hear the news!

Carla - sounds like you did a good job balancing the eating out vs. eating light when home. Keep drinking gallons of water today and tomorrow and I'm sure you'll be rewarded Wednesday.

I had a so so weekend. We helped friends move on Saturday; we went out for lunch and I could've had something healthy, but elected to scarf down a burger and fries. We had dinner at their new home; the choices weren't very point friendly. Yesterday I did okay but didn't drink much water. Sneek peak hasn't looked promising. My weigh in is tomorrow morning - I may just postpone till Wed. and join Karen and Carla.

Back in the morning...

Karen B
Old 02-26-2002, 07:51 AM   #10  

Karen B - Yes, join Carla and me for Wednesday weigh ins. I find Wednesday is the best day to weigh because it gives us time to recover from any weekend "sins". For some reason, I always weigh less on Wednesday. Anyway, LOVED the hockey games, don't apologize! I was disappointed that I didn't get to see any curling though.

Had a good day yesterday. I've increased my exercise to an hour and find that it makes me really hungry, so have increased my breakfast by a couple of points. I'll let you know how that works out after a couple of days. Sneak peek today is better!
Old 02-26-2002, 08:31 AM   #11  

Good Morning! Thank you all for the kinds words, I am really excited about making goal now, any weight loss after that is just gravy!

Karen-MMMMMMMMM Burger and Fries, sounds sooo GOOD! Glad you had a good time with your friends. Wed is a good weigh in day.

Karen-great job with the exercise, 60 minutes is awesome!!

Carla-sorry about the weekend, I know just how you feel. It is very hard to eat OP when eating out. And even harder to say NO to eating out. I did have chinese for lunch and found myself still ordering "healthier". Steamed dumplings and chicken chop suey. Was so full after eating only 1/2. Funny, maybe this new me is actually here to stay without a fight. Not to say I would not have rathered have the fried appitizers

Judy-I hope you are feeling better today.

We have decided to go to Florida only for a long weekend as I said earlier. We will leave on the 29th of March right into Key West and stay until Tues 2nd. Just enough time for my husband to get in a couple of dives and me to hang by the pool and not cause too much damage on Duvall St. I think we are going to try and do the Duvall Crawl. (Bars lined up and down the st., you try and have 1 drink at each) I will never make it even 1/4 way up one side, I am a light weight lately. As long as we don't order appitizers at each I should be all set

I hope you all have a great day
Old 02-26-2002, 08:37 AM   #12  

Michele - great loss - 2 pounds even with TOM - you've got this down.

Karen C - I ran out of muscle relaxers on Sunday night. The chiro helped some - I have to get at least one more session in this week.

Carla - sorry to hear you had a rough weekend but it sounds as if you still managed to help yourself out with the other (light meals) and ther water. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Karen B - Congratulations on Canada's hockey win - Im sure the whole country is celebrating! Yup, a knife in my shoulder blade - that's what it feels like although it is a bit better since the chiro appt. Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend - gee, that seems to have been catching! Good luck on your weigh in.

I had a good day yesterday - not exercise wise - I went to PT but couldn't finish all the exercises because of the back/shoulder blade thing. Still, I managed to keep snacking to a minimum and my sneak peek looked a lot better this morning. One thing I htink helped is that Tony brought home a dark chocolate bar and when I calculated the points, it was only 2.5 for half the bar. We split it and I ate it slowly - very satisfying. I wouldn't want to keep them in the house regularly (too dangerous) but after a stressful day, I really think that bit of yummy chocolate kept me from "hand to mouth disease". Dark chocolate is my favorite and it's not too bad point-wise (better than milk chocolate) and recently they said it was good for your heart! Well, it was good for my snacking last night - but I think I'd better let it stay a "once in a while" thing. I walked to work this morning so I got my exercise in. I have to figure out when I'm going to weigh in this week. I have a friend coming in on Friday afternoon and we're going to do some "cuty" stuff. One of the things she wanted to do was go to a "real" NY deli. If I have that on Friday, I don't dare weigh in Saturday (which would be a rush anyway). Maybe I'll try to go to one of the Thurs late PM/evening meetings - it would probably be better than Sat morning after deli!

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 02-26-2002, 10:55 AM   #13  

Hi everyone.

Karen B - Congrats on the hockey. Hey, if we can't win, the next best thing is having our friends to the north win. A burger and fries made their way into my weekend as well. Join Karen C and I for the Wednesday weigh-in and we'll conjur up good vibes for all of us.

Karen C - An hour a day of exercise - good for you. No doubt you're finding yourself hungrier.

Michele - What a great job you did with the Chinese food at lunch yesterday. Surely, yes, the new you is here to stay. Sounds like a fun weekend in Key West. How long is Duvall Street? Or should I ask, how many bars? I'd probably pass out after a couple of blocks.

Judy - Sometimes a little indulgence, like your dark chocolate, especially one that fees sinful but really isnt', is just what we need to keep us on the straight and narrow. Can I come to the real NY deli too? We have some good delis here in Chicago, but somehow I think that a NY deli would still be a whole lot better. I hope your back and shoulder blade starts feeling better soon.

I had an ok day yesterday. Would have been a good day, but a Girl Scout cookie delivery was waiting for me when I got home. Into the freezer those things must go. Been drinking water like nobody's business, but the sneak peek was still horrific. Oh well, tomorrow morning I'll take my lumps and move on.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-26-2002, 05:38 PM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone;

Hope you're all having a good day. After my Tuesday weigh in, I've decided to switch to Wednesdays, so Carla and Karen, I'm with you!

Michele - your trip sounds great! You'll be at goal way before then, and look out Florida! I wouldn't make it far down Duvall St. either...I used to be able to drink most of my male buddies under the table years ago, but now a beer or two is all I can manage...or a wine or four!

Karen - an hour of exercise - WOW! You're serious! I did manage to take the dogs to the river for an hour walk today, and did a few minutes on the treadmill too.

Judy - isn't it great to learn that something we love is actually GOOD FOR US? Even in small quantities its a plus. I've developed a taste for dark chocolate over the last couple of years. Hope your back's feeling better. Good plan not weighing on Saturday after a deli diversion!

Carla - sending good vibes for tomorrow! Mike dragged me off to an Italian deli a couple of months ago - it was heaven! It was also very fattening! I went to a great deli in NYC when I was there in '95 - was a great experience, also very fattening!! Those Girl Scout cookies are also very good frozen - make sure you bury them deep!

Have been snacking a bit too much today, but with my exercise I think I'm okay. I'll have to do some journalling and get a handle on it before I do some damage.

Talk to you tomorrow...

Karen B
Old 02-26-2002, 05:45 PM   #15  

Hi everyone,

I got a call this afternoon that my mother is in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. I just wanted to let you know that if I'm not here posting tomorrow, it's because I may be going to Texas to take care of Mumsy. I'm praying she doesn't need more surgery.
Closed Thread