Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #16  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Hey everyone. I did good calorie wise today on 1479 but I had to spend 5 Bonus Points of the 35 extra today. The good news is I resisted JUNK when the DF was so inconsiderate as to eat potato chips and Sweet cereal right in front of me. grrrrrrr He does this right after I go on and on about how I wanna be skinny and my plans and whatnot...hmmmmmm
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Kids,

INVU- that's sad about your friend- been there too, very frustrating, but sometimes all you can do is back off and watch in saddness.

Starlet- you're just hitting that little wall that comes after the first big losses. I bet you're right in thinking that adding some walking will trip the trigger again. The other thing is play with points up and down, sometimes variation or adding gets things rolling again.

I'm in a funky funk- tired and tired of company in my house (MIL). Back to "normal" routine next week. Meantime, I need some extra sleep- never seemed to catch up this past weekend and it's playing out in my food choices and lack of motivation for exercise. Tomorrow, water aerobics.

I was feeling so funky, I thought not to come here tonight or post. I think it's better to be here and say hey and that tonight I don't want to care about my "journey".

Thanks
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #18  
Optimist

S/C/G: 267/222/150

Height: 5 ft 5¼ in

Hey all! I've been on vacation and totally never counted a single point or did any real exercise but by some miracle I didn't gain any weight! I have to get back into the program though because I still have to make my halloween goal! Glad to be back!
Sammi711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Hey all! Boy, have I missed tons! Congrats to all the losers!!!! and the New Losers!!!

Where did I leave off? oh yeah...after 4 weeks of the scale not budging.....this week......the scale has STILL not budged. Im in dismay, ive stayed on points, won many a fight with chocolate and pizza, and yet....nothing! NADA! zilch!!

The only thing different ive been doing is not exercising. A friend of mine said her leader told her that she should be able to lose weight without exercise, just by following the plan, but, ive also heard that every leader is different.

With all the things going on lately, im finding myself exhausted by noon, popping sugarless energy drinks daily, pulling mid term all nighters, and dreading any exercise. *sigh*

Ive got 6 activity points under my belt this week, just a little more to go. *ugh* I have severe anxiety, OCD, and a bunch of other stuff. So im on a new medication as of a week ago, and ME LIKEY!! lol. I used to have panic attacks everytime I THOUGHT about exercise, id even break out in hives! But, so far, so good.

So ladies....im hoping that more activity points will assist in a scale budge this week. Hold me to it!!

Anywho....glad to see everyone making progress!!!
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:17 AM   #20  
jeanne

Good Morning everyone!!!
I finally can report a loss again! A small one ........ 1.5#.......yet a loss! And that is the day before TOM is "suppose" to arrive according to the new "pill" I'm on!
I must confess I'm quite pleased with the 1.5# since when I weighed myself after the BIG weekend of parties and eating out......I had gained 1.5#!
This is the first time in years I can report being in the 220's!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Jar1965 - on a new decade!!!!

I know how you feel about being excited because you're at a weight that you haven't seen in a long time. The only weight I know to go by on that for me is the 190's (I'm only 11 pounds away from that!!!!). The last time I remember being in the 190's was when I was 18 (nearly 10 years ago!!!!). I remember stepping on the scale and seeing 195. And, I remember thinking to myself that I would NEVER let myself go over 200 pounds.... The night I went in to deliver our 2nd baby, I weighed in at 262 (the day AFTER she was born I was 232). This is why when I get out of the 200's, I'm having a HUGE FAREWELL party to them.... I'll call it a "Farewell and I better never &!$@ see you again" party!

huniebunie! - I have anxiety problems too!!! Mine are typically concurrent with my periods (I call them hormone-induced) but they are extremely scary and unless people have had them, I fear they don't know how to relate. I have a heart flutter. And, when I feel it flutter that sometimes sets off an anxiety attack that I'm dying. I can't convince my brain otherwise. My brain says my heart is going to stop and I'm going to die young and won't get to see my kids grow up....... I think my husband gets frustrated by it. He's had anxiety attacks, but nothing like mine where I feel impending doom! But, until someone has gone thru what you've gone through.... it seems like they think you're being a little over-dramatic (at least, this happens with me....not sure if it happens with you or not).
As far as your stall on the scale..... I had one of those around the 225 pound mark. I couldn't get it to budge!!!! Then one day, out of the blue...*poof* I was under 220 and haven't looked back yet. I think sometimes it's our body's way of adjusting to the change in eating habits/exercise habits. You'll get thru it and you won't look back.

Sammi - WELCOME BACK! I LOVE vacations!!!!!! What I love more than vacations is not gaining any weight on them..... though I have yet to do that!! HAHA!! SO, congrats!!

Ruthannie - I'm glad you poked your head in here to say "hey"!!!! I have those days where I could care less if I follow my points... I think everybody does....... ESPECIALLY having your MIL there!!! I'd probably Ho-ho myself to death if my MIL was around here for more than a day!!! lol. You'll have your house back to yourself next week and can breathe again! Until then.... do what you can to relax and take it easy!

Diva - how you doing on the program????? Seems like you were doing really well the other day. Those 35 points are there for that very purpose of if you need them. So, don't stress about dipping into them! Don't you feel so proud of yourself when you resist the junk food???? It's such a freeing feeling.

Starlet - how ya doin????? Have you started your walking???

Mom2QJandT - how's your week going???

Likenoother - how did you fair with TOM??

MKJohn - How has your week gone so far??? Haven't see you around this week...

My 60 day WW anniversary is coming up on Sunday! I can't believe it! I've never stuck with anything for 60 days (other than marriage and mommyhood!). So, I can't wait to see what my weight loss is as of Sunday on my 60 day anni. YAY!!!!

Hope everyone is doing wonderful this week!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 190/187/140

Hi ladies, Well, I haven't been around much. I feel guilty for not being on program. I am in a serious funk and depressed. It has been truely hard on me these past few weeks. I am trying to do my WATP dvd every other day. I walk a mile with Leslie. I have also been volunteering at my daughters preschool, just so I can get out of the house more. I know if I were on program I would feel better but it is so hard to be on it when I am stressing.

Congrats to all of you losers! keep up the good work.

Keitha
mkjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Big Hugs Keitha!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel, I've been depressed for two weeks now, not sure why, just in a terrible funk. I can't seem to stay on plan at all. I've been trying to stay out of the thread too much because I don't want my bad mood and bad attitude to poison everyone's great successes. Hang it there, it always seems to swing back up eventually.

Let's see, maybe I will vent a bit...

I opened my big mouth in a moment of insecurity and seriously think that I may have irreversibly changed my relationship with my bf We'll see, we haven't talked at all for two days other than he emailed a couple of times briefly (an I love you and an I love you, get some sleep, goodnight). We usually talk for over an hour 2 or 3 times a day even when we can't see one another. So...I'm just so bummed out and very afraid that I've really hurt our relationship this time. I don't know why I let my insecurities get the best of me. I feel like an idiot. As if I wasn't already depressed, this just adds to it. I've pretty much spent today at work staying busy so that I don't cry. Adding to that I have to have my follow up mammogram next week from the growth that I had that they "aren't sure what that is". It could be nothing or it could be something, who knows? What I do know is that I have a kid that has to have three surguries in Nov/Dec and I don't have time for Mommy to have problems!

So much for not raining on the positive motion of the thread, but I had to vent, I just feel like I'm going nuts!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm going to go work on some casenotes and keep my mind off of everything.

Thanks for asking about me Julz, sorry that my answer was such a negative rant
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:24 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2QJandT View Post
I've been trying to stay out of the thread too much because I don't want my bad mood and bad attitude to poison everyone's great successes.
Oh PUH-LEASE!! This thread can't constantly be sunshine and roses! We've all had our fair share of negative rants... that's the point of this place. You can come here, get whatever is on your chest OFF and have a bunch of people who won't judge you, look at you differently, or try to kick you out of the group because you aren't positive enough! I've never been to a regular WW meeting, but I'm sure that they don't expect people to come week after week in sunshine moods. It's the same here. It's life. Life is sometimes rosey and wonderful and you want to tell people about it..... on the other hand, life is sometimes ...... well..... sometimes it just flat out SUCKS - and you need people to tell about it. So, don't ever stay away from here in fear that you're going to dampen any kind of mood.....we're all in this together! DO YOU HEAR ME PRIVATE!!!! Same goes to you too MKJOHN!!!

Can I get a witness?

I have a lot of insecurities. My husband cheated on me about a year after we were married (we've been married nearly 5 years). I STILL have insecurity problems stemming from that (and also from stemming from my weight problem). It's definitely gotten better over time. It's a healing process. So, I do let my big mouth and insecurities fly sometimes. There've been days that we've been so FRUSTRATED with each other that it would honestly be a lot easier for one of us to leave. But, we never do. As much as we can really get on each others nerves we love each other so much more. We had a breakthrough last week. We were on the phone and things started getting frustrating. So, he hung up on me. As soon as he got home,he apologized for hanging up on me and he told me he did that so that he wouldn't say anything he would regret later. So yeah, it was rude of him to hang up, but he was trying to avoid escalating things into a bigger arguement. I don't want it to sound like we fight a lot. We rarely do fight. But when we do..... I imagine a couple of long-horned rams on the side of a mountain in Switzerland charging at each other! Not sure WHY in Switzerland....it just added to the effect! At any rate, we're both incredibly stubborn, so it takes a while for one of us to say "sorry".

On that note, I need to go. My 1 year old daughter just came in here and said "I tank" (meaning... "I stink".... meaning she has pooped herself....lol)
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #25  
jeanne

mkjohn & Mom2QJandT - I wish I had the right words to say (type) - I hope things get better for you! Hang in there and hold your heads up high!

Last edited by jar1965; 10-12-2007 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/187/140

Mom2- I totally get what you are saying! Just try to take it easy on yourself. Let things go for a little while and it will all come back together. I have to keep telling myself the same things. It just takes time.

London- Thanks for your support. I've just been so ashamed that I couldn't stay on program that my guilt has gotten the better of me. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but I can't help it.

Thanks again
Keitha
mkjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:01 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Hi Ladies!!
Just popin in for a sec. This week has been so busy, busy, busy. But not sure where or how but in the last week I have lost (drums please) 10 lbs! I am sick - sinus's I have been eating but I am craving water so I think that is where it has come from lots of water, i can't get enough of it & I usually can't bring myself to drink it other than when I take my meds, but I drank 4 bottles yesterday! I don't care how it came off or where it went as long as it stays gone!

On a funny note right now we have football for the son & cheerleading for the daughter and last night we had a game (we won 24 - 12) and the cheer coach was a no show again! So I had my big behind out there with a group of little girls whootin & hollarin and jumpin! it was quit amusing to the other parents in the stands but it was rather fun fo me!

Maybe I need to do that more often for the exercise.

Well gotta run!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!
GAGIRL320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks chicks. I seriously think sometimes you girls are the biggest supporters I have, not just in weight loss, but in life. I almost stayed on plan yesterday, I was only 4 points over. I know that doesn't seem like a success, but with the way things are going right now I was actually proud of that. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by Mom2QJandT; 10-12-2007 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:12 AM   #29  

Staying within 4 points of your daily points is a BIG success as far as I'm concerned!!!! (especially considering the week you've had). The extra points are there for that very reason!!!

Today was my weigh-in day. I lost 3 pounds this week!!!!!!! That's the most I've ever lost in a weeks time. That also puts me at losing 10% of my starting weight. I hear that losing just 10% of your weight does wonders for your health. So, here's to another 10% Today was my day for measurements too (I do them every 2 weeks). So in 2 weeks I've lost 10.5" total (to see the exact measurements, go to my blog. It's in a tab at the top of the page creatively named "measurements").
Tomorrow is hubbys 28th Birthday!! I'm trying to think of something nifty to surprise him with. I can't think of a dadgum thing!!! My parents may be coming in on Sunday. So, I may wait til then and let them stay with the kids for a couple of hours to let hubby and I go see a movie. I'm not sure how long it's been since we've had a "date". So maybe I'll do that.

GAGIRL - WOWZA on the 10 pounds!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:30 PM   #30  
jeanne

yippppppppeeee Julz!!!! Good job!!!!