Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of the kind words yesterday. I don't know what my problem is, I'm just feeling very down and out. It really isn't like me, I'm usually the cheerleader for everyone else.

We didn't get to do pumpkins last night. Julia had a friend over and they requested "Mommy's famous nachos" so we made a nacho bar and destroyed the kitchen in that way instead (not too bad for the diet; baked chips (2pt), very lean ground beef (3 pts), cheese (3 pt), and some free veggies and taco sauce for a total of 8). It was a lot of fun, I love having their friends around. We're probably going to do pumpkins tonight and make cookies for my bf who is also having a tough week. Lucky for me cookies aren't much of a diet destroyer for me. However, the local festival is in town and I have a feeling that tomorrow's lunch may be all my points in one sitting! The kids are in a parade so I am taking my lunch at the festival so that I can see them in it. So that means fair food for lunch! Of course I could take a sandwich or some yogurt or even stop at Subway, but these all seem like not as much fun. We'll see how it goes, I may get there and not have any appetite, that is what usually happens lately.

Julz - I love your long posts like that, you are a great supporter and e-friend to all of us. Thanks for taking the time to post like that. Do the pumpkins even if it's just because you want to do it! I did a pumpkin with my oldest for his first Halloween (he was all of 3 mos old). We've done them every year since then even when the kids couldn't help. I think sometimes 90% of the things I do with the kids is because I want to and not as much because they want to!

Mkjohn - still thinking of you!

Jeanne - sounds like a fun party! I could never pull off a suprise, I have too much trouble keeping secrets!

Ruthannie - I feel the "not mom" pain too, I have that on the other side. It just isn't what I ever thought my life would be, any of it.

Congrats to the losers and hugs to those that are struggling!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Guten Morgen Dames (a little tribute to our German friends, myself included, for it is Oktober!)

Well... I did not make my 210 mini-goal. TOM is due to arrive on Monday, so I believe that "the bloat" is here! I say this because the scale is showing the same number it showed on Monday - but I've not gone over my WW points on any day this week (not even dived into my extra 35), worked out every day, not eaten past 8....I should have gone down (if only a little) since Monday.... alas, I have not. HOWEVER, it still shows as a 1 pound loss for the week....and a pound gone is a pound gone! I am now at 212. I am excited about this because

1) I am NO LONGER in the 2-TEENS!!!!!
2) All the work I put in this past week (eating right, exercising, etc) along with all the work I put in this NEXT week.... minus "the bloat" should add up for a great weigh-in next Friday. I still haven't given up on my Halloween Goal!!
3) One pound lost is still a pound lost....

So, I'm not discouraged (especially knowing that TOM is 3 days away). I'm going to chalk this one up to "the bloat" and try again next week. The bloat should subside next Wednesday or Thursday. And, my goal for this week is to NOT step on the scale again until next Friday morning. The getting on the scale EVERY morning is throwing me off!!!! lol

Where has everyone been? How are you all doing???

Last edited by LondonJulz; 10-05-2007 at 09:01 AM.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 190/187/140

Hello Ladies. We just got back from the doctors and it was all good news. My son's heart is in great shape and there is nothing to worry about. I just want to say thank you to all who werer praying for us. Your prayers really helped.

Congrats to all you losers! Welcaome all the newbies. I have to run.

Keitha
mkjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #34  

Keitha-

I am so happy and relieved for you and your family!!!!!! (and I KNOW you must be too!)

That's my God!
Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Keitha- That is great news! What a wonderful relief for all of you.

LondonJulz- you'll probably get on the scale toward the end of TOM and see a big drop, I bet. You've been being so focused and dedicated this week, it's bound to show up. Yay! on leaving the teens!

I think I might be out of the 60's- hope hope. I dropped a lot this morning, but yesterday was no food and I couldn't drink even water after midnight. I was down to 255.5! But Wednesday night before any of it I was 258. Usually at night I am up a couple and then down in the am. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I actually have managed to stay in check, considering how hungry I was. I started with yogurt and a banana and have been eating here and there all day. Since my system was empty, when I got hungry- I was HUNGRY! I did make a pasta with cheese and veggies for dinner- tempted by seconds, but held off. I soooooo want to say good bye to the 250's by the end of October or early November.

Well, I have class tomorrow and want to go early to hit the farmer's market on the way. Hope everyone else is ready for a nice weekend. I'll catch up tomorrow.
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #36  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

MkJohn-Thank goodness.

TOM is here with a vegeance (sp?). You would think after visiting for 25 years the burden would be less. Its not. I tend to be really bloated but by Monday or Tuesday I should be back to normal and should be posting a loss. Well I won't be weighing in again until the 15th but to be honest I'm an everyday weigher.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:39 AM   #37  

Likenoother - It's GAME DAY! Are you ready for it? Can you feel it? Can you smell it? Or is that the burritos? HAHAHAA!!! J/K. Does it "stress you" by being an everyday weigher? I guess if I was just an everyday weigher it wouldn't be so bad. I'm an everytime-I-go-pee weigher!!! grrrrrr.....

Ruthannie - ooo... a farmer's market. Would you believe I've never been to one??? I always thought that just the name "farmers market" sounded SO neat! AND... you will be in the 250's!!!! Sounds like you already are!!!!

TOM came to see me early! He wasn't supposed to be here til Monday, but he came last night (how sweet of him, huh?). I'm actually rather happy he came early. I have reasons for being so "irritable" and sensitive yesterday! (my poor hubby.... )

Today, we are going to the Tulsa State Fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited!!! It's the last day for it so it will probably be CROWDED! But I am SO ready for my corn dog!!! And, they have a huge animal area - with giraffes, alligators (GO GATORS!), horses, pigs, chickens, all kinds of animals - so the kids love that! I really am excited. I didn't think we were going to get to go. WHOOHOO!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #38  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!
mkjohn - Thats such good news and what a relief!!!!!

Well the surprise party for DH went very well, however................my eating binge was awful!!!!! I have a real weakness for cake.......actually, it's the icing that kills me! My BIL's mom makes awesome homemade cakes so he brought the cake!!!!!! I ate a piece at the party, picked at it during the party, ate a piece after the party while cleaning up, and then ate a piece for breakfast yesterday! There was still 1/2 of a cake left and I would never tell him this, but, I HAD to throw it away. Everyone was telling me to freeze it, but..........what the he#* - I LOVE FROZEN CAKE!!!!!!

It's football game day at our house and yesterday while in Cleveland, we stumbled upon a health food store. Soooooo, I bought white tortilla flaxseed chips and salsa to snack on. I also walked about 1 mile! Hoping to get rid of some of the cake points!!!!

Have a great day everyone! I'll be in and out all day!!! Staying at home and playing on here! Going for a walk too!

Last edited by jar1965; 10-07-2007 at 11:20 AM.
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote