Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 09:39 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/7 - 1/13

Starting the topic. Be right back
Old 01-07-2002, 09:56 AM   #2  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone, have to fly off to work. Will post more tonight. Judy how did the treadmill shopping go??? Have a point friendly watery day!

Karen B
Old 01-07-2002, 10:00 AM   #3  

Good morning all. I hope you all had a good weekend. I faced the music on Saturday morning and came out with a 1.6 pound gain - my sneak peek on Friday morning showed less of a gain but I decided it doesn't matter because from now on, the number is going down! As a matter of fact, I decided that it was a good number to start the new year - no decimals, easy to subtract from! I'm looking at this week as my "starting point" since it's the first total week of the New Year - mind games perhaps but who cares? Whatever works. I have PT at lunchtime so I hope to get in some exercise after work. I think I may try a little step today as long as my ankle feels OK.

Oh, my news - I bought a treadmill yesterday. I did a lot of shopping around on Saturday and did some more research online Saturday evening. The one I got wasn't cheap but it had all the features I wanted and the one I decided on had those features at a lower price than other makes. It's a treadmill 2 people at VF have and they love it. My cancelled gym membership will pay for it in a little over 2 years - the bonus will be if Tony gets on it. It could have been delivered today but with all the winter storm warnings I opted for next Monday. Of course, all we had was a little rain.

I'd better get back to work. Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/158/135
Old 01-07-2002, 11:02 AM   #4  

Good Morning! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was ok, did not do too much. Cleaned house, laundry and packing.

Judy-Congrats on the treadmill, I hope you love using it. Great job on the weigh in attitude. We will all see the numbers going down this New Year.

Karen-Hope you have a good day at work.

I am getting excited about the cruise now. Packing is almost done and I finally found some bathing suits. Had to still get a size 12 but only because I have a long torso. The 10's fit, but were cutting me in certain spots. I did not even think of trying on a bikini, still not quite ready for that. I did try on a old pair of jeans size 10 that fit again, little tight, and then another pair size 8 that fit better than the 10's. Weird?!?! I will not be wearing them until they are very comfortable, HATE tight jeans.

Well back to work and then weigh in at lunch. Be back after to post no matter what.

Have a great day
Old 01-07-2002, 01:19 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone!

Judy, thanks so much for the hugs and kind words, they really meant a lot. Sorry about the gain, but you sure have the right attitude! New toys! Congrats on the treadmill. I have to tell you that my hairdresser got one for Christmas and when I asked him how he liked it, he said he's going to walk to Canada and back!

Karen B, HI! Hope work goies okay and talk to you later tonight.

Michele, WOOHOO! I know you must be soo excited about the cruise! Glad you found a bathing suit so you don't have to shop down here. I went clothes shopping this weekend too while I was waiting to pick up my glasses. The sizes are so strange, even within the same brand. I just picked up a few things to get me through the winter because I had nothing to wear, absolutely nothing. Anyway, I found jeans and slacks in different brands fit me in sizes 12 to 16. I bought two Liz sweaters, one a large, the other an extra large. I'll have to ask my sister about this since she was a designer for Liz. Good uck with the weigh in!

Weekend was just okay, I had one good day and one not so good day, but with the banked points I managed to stay OP. I just was hoping to stay at minimum points for a couple of weeks so I could see a big loss, but I'll take whatever I get. I'm thinking about starting a yoga class that I saw advertised. It's really close to home and meets twice a week in the afternoon which would work out great for me. BUT I've never done yoga before. This is hatha yoga. I called and talked to the instructor and he says he starts out with easy poses, so I'm hoping I can do it. Anyway, I can pay by the day ($4.00!! can you believe it?) or for a whole series, so I think I'll check it out tomorrow. Judy, what do you think? Anyone else do yoga?
Old 01-07-2002, 01:59 PM   #6  

Good Afternoon!
Just back from weigh in, down 1.8 so I have made my cruise goal, below 160 and I am 159.8, its under 160, thats all that matters.

Karen-I have never done Yoga, but I have heard good things and have been interested in doing it myself, let me know how you like it. I know what you mean about clothes, I have no idea what size I really am. I can wear a large or medium, 12-8 all depending on the outfit or maker.

Everyone have a great day and night.
Old 01-07-2002, 03:28 PM   #7  

Michele - WOW - that's fantastic that you made your cruise goal! Congratulations! It must be great to get a bathing suit and see how much progress you've made! A cruise in the warm weather sounds wonderful - although it's not sticking to the ground (yet) it's snowing here today.

Karen C - don't mention it - I've experienced the loss of pets and I understand how much it hurts. Ha! I like the idea of walking to Canada and back - I can't wait until the treadmill gets here. I don't know that eating at minimum for a while necessarily translates into a big loss. I think it's a good thing to vary your points (within your range of course) - that way you keep your body guessing. WOW - $4 a class! I would definitely give it a try. It sounds like this instructor has a good attitude. I would try it and see how you like it and like the instructor. I wish I had a good yoga class close to home - the one at the gym (the reason I joined the gym to begin with) was terrible. The people in the class were all into competition - not yoga. I plan on doing a yoga tape after work - of course, I'll have to modify/skip some poses because of my shoulder but that's OK. I find it very relaxing and its important to stay flexible as we get older. Take the class, Karen - and tell me what you think!

I have a question for those of you who have visited Dottie's site - I tried to access it after my sister said that she couldn't get it but I can't seem to get to it. Does anyone know if something happened to it??

Judy
Old 01-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #8  

Dotti has been having troubles on the web lately, try going on

www.dwlz.com

if you spell the whole thing out it does not work now.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:07 PM   #9  

hi again Michelle, well you are being helpful to me today!!
I had been trying to get to Dotties and couldnt. With your link I am there . Thanks again.
Congrats on your success. I checked out your site. I was 184 last week my highest weight ever x ever!! I hope to follow in your footsteps
So you are off on a cruise, how wonderful, maybe you will come back with another one of those fantastic tans like you were sporting in the beach chair photo
Old 01-07-2002, 07:01 PM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Hi all,

Back from work early today, I was working on a special project so didn't have to put in a full 12 hours. Yay! I'm starting a new position (same place) in two weeks, back to 8 hour shifts but no more night shifts. Yay again.

Judy, great news about the treadmill. Hope you find it as useful as I find mine. I tend to do my walking first thing in the morning so I don't have to think about exercise for the rest of the day, I just saunter around all day feeling holy!
Sorry to hear about your gain, but you're right, its a new starting point. I'm sure you'll see a steady loss once you get going on the treadmill.

Michele, congrats on your great loss, and on making your cruise goal! All your hard work has paid off big time! Bet you can't wait to be on your way. Is Bobby going too?

Karen C, any day you manage to stay OP is a good day! Know what you mean about all the different clothing sizes; I think some companies size "smaller" to increase their sales! Crazy, but most women would rather wear a 12 than a 16 even if the garment is exactly the same size. I agree with Judy about getting a better loss by mixing up the points a bit, I think we tend to go into conservation mode if our bodies are feeling deprived.

to Carla and Jennifa. Pat, where are you? Haven't heard from you in a while.

bye for now

Karen B
Old 01-07-2002, 08:06 PM   #11  

Karen B - congrats on the new position with new sensible hours. My husband does shiftwork and it's h*ll on any kind of a normal life. I do my exercise first thing in the morning too, but it doesn't make me feel holy, just relieved that I did it!

You are all right about mixing up those points, I don't know what I was thinking!

Michele - congrats from me too for making your cruise goal with days to spare, and I notice you're almost at goal too, how wonderful!

Bee - Hi! Glad you found us. Good luck with your goal. I'm just about where you are now, 185, so maybe we can both reach goal together. So far I've lost 53 pounds since June and probably have another 40 to go. YUCK!

Judy - thanks for the info on yoga, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow afternoon and I'll let you know how it goes.

Last edited by Phoinix; 01-07-2002 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2002, 11:36 PM   #12  

Judy - Sorry about the gain. I'm with you on starting fresh now. Glad you were able to find a treadmill you like. I'd love to have one, but don't have the room right now.

Michele - Way to go making your cruise goal! Congratulations. Glad you were able to find a bathing suit. Sounds like you'll be in those jeans soon.

Karen C - Hope you enjoy the yoga class. The more types of exercise you find to enjoy the better.

Jenny - Good luck reaching your goal.

Karen B - Glad you will be able to get off the night shifts. Darrell has been working nights for years, but still has trouble getting enough sleep.

Finally things can get back to normal. With Laura off school and Sara home I didn't even get on the computer last week. Every time I thought about it someone else was on the computer, on the phone, or waiting for a call. Laura goes back to school tomorrow and Sara moves back to the dorm on Thursday. I've been really struggling. I had a 3.5 lb gain after Christmas. I thought it was mainly water since I only had a day and a half of eating junk (and I didn't think I'd eaten that much) and had eaten ham. I tried watching what I ate for the next week although I didn't count points. The weight didn't budge. The last couple of days I've been fight the "who cares" attitude. I planned on getting back on track today, but still didn't do really well. I know I need to get back on track, but it's a real struggle.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 01-08-2002, 09:29 AM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

4 lbs of holiday fat (and water) gone today! Yippee!

Pat - hang in there! Climb right back on the wagon with the rest of us. I was feeling the same for a few days. The rewards of living healthily far outweigh the rewards of poor eating habits, and that's what I keep telling myself!

More later, gotta dash to work. Have a great day.

Karen B
Old 01-08-2002, 09:55 AM   #14  
cookies are for browsers

Hi all,

Sorry I've been away, will try to post more.

Yoga is great. Yoga can give you muscle definition in 2 weeks. It will help you relax and accept whatever WOE you choose. I wish they had taught yoga in high school instead of making us do all those stupid games we had to make up. Yoga has increased my flexibility and made my bod leaner and more fit. Can't say enough good things about it. If you are a beginner you might try Iyengar yoga, they use props to make it so you can do the poses and benefit from them. And $4 per time is a steal; the most affordable place here is a little over $8 if you buy the largest prepaid package. Other than that it's $13 per time.. I have seen $40 per class. $4, I'd be there every day!!!

Seems the holiday blues have chased me into the new year. I'm fighting the "why me" and the pre-TOM munchies, not doing all that well, but I have bumped up the workouts to accomodate that and today is a fast day so hopefully that will help. I feel so fat today, I am tired of feeling this way.

Urgh, gotta run, hope you all stay OP,

Jennifa
Old 01-08-2002, 11:04 AM   #15  

Hi Pat, sounds like you've got the post holiday blues! It's so hard to get back on program after a binge isn't it? Well, at least with the girls back at school and the holiday temptations gone, it should be a lot easier. Good luck!

Karen B, WOW!! You done good! 4 pounds! Keep it up!

Jennifa, thanks for the yoga info, I'm gonna try it! Now you too have the post holiday blues but on top of PMS it's a real struggle. Hope the fasting and exercise help.

I had a good day yesterday, ate minimum points and exercised. Today I've already had 9 points, so it will probably be a max point day. I just got off the phone with my mother and we're trying to work out a time later this month to meet in Las Vegas for a few days! It's her favorite place and since her friend who she used to go with passed away last year she hasn't had anyone to go with, so I thought I'd volunteer

Hope everyone has a good, OP day!
Closed Thread