Old 09-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #1  
Restart Date 1.02.08

S/C/G: 225.8/213.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Red face At Home Support Group....9-2 to 9-8

Greetings Girlies

Just so everyone knows, if there is no new thread started Sunday mornings, (sometimes I am too busy or forget) please feel free to start us one. This thread is for all of us.

Last week we lost a combined 13 pounds for a grand total of 28 pounds gone forever. Great job ladies. Keep up the good work.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend. I will check back in later.

Shon: Welcome to our group. You will love WW.

Jeanne: I am glad the kids had a ball at the concert and made it home safely.

London:
I am sorry who did the Gators play again? What elementary school? LOL!!!!!!!
Dale Junior Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Howdy Folks,

Another week looms. I'm so glad tomorrow is a holiday and I can sleep in because my water class is cancelled (guess I'll break out the balance ball and do the dvd routine). Today is looking to be high points, pretty typical for a Sunday around here. It's the one day I have with my partner so we leisurely work our way through coffee, brunch that he cooks and often just hanging out watching movies and stuff. I cook dinners (tonight is salmon, zucchini and kashi).

I also have a lot of tomatoes to prep for canning. I don't know if I'll get them actually canned today. It depends on how much my back hurts after standing at the sink peeling and coring them. I can always finish them up tomorrow.

mkjohn- Although I would love to live far away from everything and love being in the western states, I can relate to feeling depressed and isolated when you're home all the time. We moved alot when I was young and it is hard pulling up stakes and then having to make new friends and find a community. Being at home all the time gets to me too. I love solitude, but have to have community as well. Hopefully this forum will help.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday (if you're in the US) and a good start to the week.

ruthannie
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/187/140

Hello ladies, how is everyones sunday going? Well, we decided not to go to Yellowstone after all. The kids were doing to many things with their friends. I have housework I can do anyway.

I weighed in a day early this morning because I know I will forget tomorrow, as one of my kids has a friend staying over and with all of the noise and such in the morning I will forget........I lost 2 pounds!! I can't believe it. I had such a hard week too with the kids going to school, but I did it. After staying the same last week I knew I would have some sort of loss this week.(atleast I hoped I would) So I made my Labor Day goal of losing 10 pounds! I actually lost 11!

jar- I am so glad your kids had a great time at the concert. I have wanted to see Rascal Flats for a while now but the were all sold out when I tried to get tickets.

ruth-thank you for the support. I do find this forum to be very helpful. I look forward to see what everyone is posting throughout the day. This is my only outlet to a community that I have at the moment. Hopefully I will find something soon that will help.
mkjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #4  

Thumbs up

mkjohn,

woo hoo!
Old 09-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Daph - the Gators destroyed the Western Kentucky team yesterday. I was watching the news last night and they did the sports recaps, they got to the Gator game and said that they wouldn't show highlights due to the fact that it would just embarass the Western Kentucky fans... I believe the score was 49-3.... ouch!

Last edited by LondonJulz; 09-02-2007 at 06:11 PM.
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

Good morning everyone well its Monday today hope you all are having a good holiday weekend. Shon. Ruthannie good luck with the tomatoes mkjohn on the weight loss. jar1965 good to hear it was a awesome concert. Thank you for starting the thread Daph its great. I am going to weigh myself tonight I am hoping for the best but its TOM and I feel like I am holding on to alot of water.But I did go on a long walk with Dave and Lukas yesterday for fathers day. I just looked outside and there are ducks in the pool.
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:10 PM   #7  

Shon!! (& Sammi too)..... you will love this forum!!!! Just dive on in, join the fun, and get ready to feel "encouraged!" If you have words of wisdom, encouragement, help, etc - PLEASE SHARE!!! If you need any wisdom, encouragement, help, etc - PLEASE ASK!

mkjohn - a big on making your goal for Labor Day (and then some!)!!!! That is so exciting!!!!!!! It kind of gives you a push of motivation, huh? I can't wait to meet a goal!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #8  
jeanne

Evening girls! Wow........I'm tired! Is it Monday yet? I think I need to go back to work just to get some rest! lol! Well we went out to eat for Jessica's b-day and I had a grilled chicken salad - no cheese or fries, one stuffed shell that my daughter didn't eat and 2 glasses of water! Again, I don't know the points value! AND........ I did eat a piece of cheese cake! urgh! I really really thought I'd be able to fight it but when I was in the kitchen.......ALONE...........cleaning up, it like kept screaming "jeanne - eat me"! I know.....I'm 42.......food doesn't talk!!!
Now, here I sit........I should be walking or something!

mkjohn - good job on your loss!
shon & sammi!
INVU - good luck on that WI tonight!!!!
ruthannie - have "fun" canning!!!
Daph - 13# combined pounds last week.........yay!!!!!!
LondonJulz - good job on completing your exercise goals!!!!! wooohoooo

Night everyone! Have a nice holiday tomorrow! I TOO am sleeping in!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 265/139/152

Height: 5'5'

I weighed myself today I have put on 1 kg But its ok I have given myself a good trying not to let it get to me.This week I will lose weight.
INVU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #10  

Jar1965 - it's kind of like when you go on "vacation", you're more tired when you get home than when you left!!! And, I wouldn't worry too terribly much about the cheesecake. It seems as if you've done so well so far - as long as it was just a piece and not the entire thing, I would say that that is perfectly okay (and I swear I've heard food talk to me before too... lol

INVU - just keep with it, and the scale gods will smile upon you.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 PM   #11  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

Okay you know its funny when there are two GATOR fans and a Seminole fan within the same thread on a website that has people on it from all over the world. Isn't that amazing? Anyways, Julz we can still like Daph we'll just make fun of her when needed. Even better than that is there is a Buckeye fan in my office that was talking trash about the National Championship game for football but kept his mouth shut about basketball. I guess he learned his lesson. What's even better is there is another girl in my office that is a Florida alum too and she put a big stuffed gator on his desk after the football National Championship game. I say I was born to be a gator because I could not tolerate milk so the Dr told my mom to give me gatorade!
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:18 PM   #12  

Unhappy Must Be a Gravitational Anomaly

I must confess (and I DO know better). I did grocery shopping Friday (healthy stuff), but I did buy a HUGE bag of dry roasted pistachios at Costco. So, of course today while watching movies, I just had to have some, since my snacky other half was digging in already. And, inevitably, I had more than one portion (in a bowl at least). I had 3. So, what with dinner (good choices there- broiled salmon, kashi, spinach w/garlic), I think I'm at 41 for the day. That's at least 6 points over the top. The night is not done- probably a couple more hours. I will have to restrain myself I am sure.

Buying the pistachios might not have been a great idea, but they are a good snack. Maybe if I portioned them into smaller bags and put part of them away, it would be easier. The other thing is I start channeling childhood behavior.

I grew up in a big family where treats never lasted and I never felt like I got my fair share. (I don't think anybody did.) So even now, when I buy something that is not a "bad" choice, but something to eat in moderation and my partner gets into it, I get this feeling that I have to grab what I can before it's gone.

This especially happens because he doesn't put ice cream or snacks in a dish. He takes the whole carton with a HUGE spoon! The little person inside me says, "Hey! No fair, he's going to eat it all and I won't get any!".

Even knowing logically that a) I will live fine without ice cream, b) I make money, have a car and can go buy more, and c) that I don't really want it at that particular moment- part of me gets very upset. (Of course, it's also been born out by those times I have bought some no sugar/low fat ice cream and kept it there "for special", when I did go to eat it, all that was left was a half inch of refrozen scrapings.

Which brings me back to pistachios and eating not one, but 3 small bowls of them. Competetive Snacking- this is something I have only recently really tuned into. If I feel deprived, I will eat "my share" and then some to make sure I get it. Not sure what to do about it (other than hide all the snacks- heh heh- no that would be mean and sneaky).

Old 09-03-2007, 08:36 AM   #13  
jeanne

Morning Girls! Well WI was today. I'm down 3#!!!!!!!! I didn't believe the scale.......I kept moving it thinking that there was a "bad" spot on the floor and I wasn't getting an accurate reading! But...........I was!

I guess this just goes to show, eating in moderation on a daily basis with a little exercise here and there really helps on days like BIRTHDAYS!!!!!!!!

Have a great day! I have to go jump around and shout out to my family the 3# loss...................but you guys were first!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:38 AM   #14  
jeanne

PS - this is starting to feel like a reality! Thanks for being there girls!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #15  

Thumbs up

JAR1965!!!!! 3#....??? That is STINKIN' AWESOME!!! Maybe it was the cheesecake? ......nah! haha! Congrats on your loss for the week though!!