Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:01 PM   #1  

Angry WW at home using WW online?

Hello there!

I have a couple questions - I would appreciate any advice anyone here could give me!

I attended my first 2 WW mtgs and then my work schedule changed and I have not been able to attend any further mtgs.

I have been reasonably successful following the plan on my own at home.

If I remember correctly - WW will not ship WW materials to me since there are WW centers within several miles from my home ( although getting there in heavy rush hour traffic is another issue!)

Anyway - tonite I was on the WW site, and I noticed something calle etools and WW online -

looks like etools is for people who attend mtgs - and WW online is for people who do WW at home. I am thinking of signing up for WW online.

Has anyone here tried it? Know anything about it??

Thanks!! - tracey
Old 10-18-2001, 09:31 AM   #2  

Talking

Hi - I'm Cyndi and I am trying it online and I love it.

I commute 2 hours a day to work and just can't get to meetings without taking more time away from my kids than I already do. My doctor suggested WW to me and I made every excuse. Finally I decided just to read about it and found out that I could do it online. I love the tools. There are a few things that you can buy and do in the meetings that you can't do online, but most of it is the same.

I frequently use the message boards for encouragement and I use 3FC's also. The recipe generator is fantastic. I threw my famous garlic smashed potato recipe in it last night just in time to realize it was going to cost me 10 whole points to eat them. My 15 year old son who has the metabolism of 3 gorillas loved the extra big portion he got since mom wasn't partaking.

Try it if you can.

Goodluck,

Cyndi
Old 12-07-2001, 10:53 AM   #3  
Jan

Talking

So GLAD to find you guys here.. ... what a blessing! I am getting ready to do the OnLine thing too with WW!!!

The support looks GREAT here!

Wooohooo!

We can do this!!!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 01:36 PM   #4  

I just joined WW online, then cancelled all today! Do you think it's worth staying with it? I don't like meetings--feel too uncomfortable at them. Please give me you opinions, if you have been online for some time!
Old 12-28-2001, 11:30 AM   #5  
One Day At A Time

Talking

Hey all. I was wondering the same thing...is it worth it to join??? I am a single mom to 2 & attending school, so there's not a lot of money to spare. I have been a member of WW many times & know the whole routine, but find it hard to do alone. However, is it worth it to join or just check out these boards & Dottie's? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2001, 03:12 PM   #6  

Hello everyone I went to the WW website this morning and entered my zip code and it gave me a number to call for the at home material. I've done this before and it told me it was not available in my area so I'm going to give them a call in the morning.
http://www.weightwatchers.com/aboutu...athome_zip.asp

As for message boards you can't go wrong. There is always someone to cheer you up and there's alot of people that's been following this program for a long time with great success. I love dottis the best because there's alot of info I just love her restraunt points. She's put alot of time and effort in to this.

Hope you have a great day.

Laine
Old 01-02-2002, 02:07 AM   #7  

I've been doing WW online since the first of November and I've lost 17.5 pounds...hubby has been following the point system, although he didn't actually "join", and he has lost 18 pounds. I have been cooking very differently than I did plus we've just really cut back on eating out and night snacking. We both feel better and he has his diabetes under control to the point he is only having to take one or two pills a week now. I'd recommend it to anyone who can't go to the meetings. I do better on my own than with a group, too!!! Glad to have found you all!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:14 AM   #8  

I decided to stick with WW Online, and lost 3 lbs. the first week. I really enjoy it, and the journal on there is great!!
Old 01-02-2002, 09:16 PM   #9  

I joined WW online today and absolutely love it. I am a person who loves stuff like this, palm pilots, etc...I thought it would have a ton of bugs but it looks like it has been well tested and works well. You can enter recipes and figure points, save them, and pull them up in you journal. I really love it. I never got much at the meetings. I plan on going to the local WW and pick up some of the materials I need.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:30 PM   #10  

I joined WW online today. I'm a lifetime member. Aren't a lot of us. "Keeping it off." Now there is an interesting concept. I used the 3FC fact food guide to check WW points on tons of things today. That helps.

Rory

23 weeks until Europe.

Last edited by Rory; 01-04-2002 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2002, 01:32 AM   #11  

Where is the 3FC fact food guide?

There is a really good restaurant guide on ***************.

http://www.***************.net/restaurants/index.html
Old 01-05-2002, 09:59 AM   #12  
One Day At A Time

Thumbs down

MEME, it's on the home page in the 1st section, a few lines above Message Boards.

BTW, I think you all have encouraged me to join online...sounds pretty good.

Robin
202/200/130
Closed Thread