Old 02-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default WW At home Feb 8 - the Love Day

This is the week of the happy valentine....so why not start the week with I love myself and I am kicking my love affair with mr. junk to the curb...."I'm not really into him anyway"

btw anyone read those book--you know He's not really into you anyway...I just cracked up, if they do not describe an episode in your own life you will surely know someone it fits....

Well this week since I am kicking Mr. Junk to the curb I have all my meals planned out for all 7 days..I am so proud of myself..of course I did leave some jiggle room for the unexpected but if I get my cooking done today and put in the refrig or freezer there is not excuse not to keep it up. I even printed these recipe cards to put on my refrig showing what we will be eating each night. My breakfast and lunches will be mostly the same all week just because they are easy to carry to work. Then of course I have my smiley stickers to put on my calendar.

This is going to be a great week
Breakfasts: either my breakfast burritos or my verison of egg mcmuffin 3/4 pt
Lunch: either taco soup or barley veg soup, & steamed veggies 4pts
Dinner: Sun Orange Roughy Fillet 4pt, Mon Sutffed fish Fillets 3pt each Tue California bowls 7pts Wed Asian Grilled Chicken 3pt, Thur Tilapia with roasted bell pepper 5pt, Fri Chicken Fajita 4pt, Sat Noodles in Sesame-soy sauce 6pt

What do you think? of course there is room for snacks
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #2  
Excited to try WW again

I goofed and posted in last week's journal.

I'm new here.

Anyway, just wondering if I could join you ladies?
mishi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Of course you can join all of us. We like all that want to speak up or just lurk.

Tell us a bit about yourself
Old 02-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #4  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Hey ladies!
Been a crappy weekend. I have been sick with this cold still so I have done nothing. I have been eating but not the best. Keeping within my points but empty calories, quick fixes.
I am starting to feel better tonight so I am hoping that I will feel better this week.
I am back to work tomorrow for my first 8hr shift, last week I worked only 4hrs. I am just getting back after my wrist fracture before x-mas. I am hoping my day goes well and that I don't have too much swelling.
I am going to also get to making a menu for the week for dinners. They are the hardest thing for me to plan in advance so I am going to see what I can do!!
Hope that you all had a good weekend!! I am off to bed soon!!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:44 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

baby I am sorry you still feel bad but are on the mend. I am starting this week with my new resolve to plan my meals better and it sounds like that is a challenge for you too

so this saturday I sat down with all the ww cookbooks I have collected at used book stores and started a list of entrees I wanted to try then picked seven..made a grocery list, then put them all on recipe cards and put on my frig so I know each night what I am making so we will see how that works
Old 02-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #6  
Excited to try WW again

I'm Melissa, WAH mom to Amy, married to Brian.

I'm in my 30 have been overweight all my life except for a HS where I was working out a lot.

I love WW. I've tried it before in the past but was half-hearted at tracking and didn't work out along with it. This time I'm doing both! I actually made it through my first week of tracking EVERYTHING. Yeah me!

Last edited by mishi09; 02-09-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

WELCOME MELISSA!!

Well, I lost 2.4 pounds for the week. YAY! Not too shabby! I am really enjoying the Linda Sansome Walking DVDs , they are great since it has been too cold to walk outside lately.
I went down another point this week and while I am excited to lose the weight I am sure I will be VERY hungry !!! LOL
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:56 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

Michelle great job on the loss! you are not even going to miss that extra point!

I did not tell you but I had a.5 gain this week..I really expected more but like I said I knew what I was doing when I over indulged and did not workout. I am kinda looking forward to the new foods I am going to try this week. Last night it was orange roughy fillets with baisl butter...worked out to 6pts and with 1/2 baked potato 3pt not a bad meal. Tonight it is stuffed fish fillets. I will be using talipia. The reciepe calls for mushrooms and I don't like them so I will use chopped greenpepper, onion, maybe some cherry tomoato...anyway you mix it all together with a small amt of bread crumbs and put in a custard cup and bake.

Cooking can be fun I think...but I must workout before I start to cook
Old 02-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

All right ladies. It’s time. Time for me to start exercising. The scale is going the wrong way, I need to lose a couple pounds before Saturday b/c we are going out for V-day. I need to be proactive to counteract the extra calories I’m sure I’ll consume that night.

DF works tonite so I have no excuse not to exercise. Dinner is already made, just needs reheated. I need to do it as soon as I walk in the door. My plan: walk in door, let dogs out, set up TV w/ exercise DVD, change clothes, grab some water, let dogs back in, & start exercising! If I picture doing these things all day long, maybe by the time I get home it will actually happen. Isn’t this some kind of WW tool? I think it’s called “Mental Rehearsing” or something.

Welcome Melissa! I’m 33 & making another attempt too. I hear ya about being half-hearted in the past. I never paid attention to the nutritional aspect before & was one of those girls who used up all her points eating total junk. Never made any real life-style changes. This time is way different! I just love crossing out those little boxes in my planner each time I eat something nutritious! And I feel so much better, healthier & tons of energy.

Nancy – I was reading on the other thread that you planned all your evening meals & posted them on the fridge. That is awesome! Let me know if any of the new recipes are really good. I need to shake things up a bit. I’m getting kind of bored. Your motivation is contagious! And boy do I need it this week. Glad to hear your gain was small, you’ll have that back off in no time. That doesn’t even count as a gain, it’s prob just water retention from the cheetos They're little buggers.

Tonite I’m going to try this pita thing I read about somewhere……chicken, spinach, provolone, mushrooms, black olives, avocado & a little marinara. I think I’m going to put it on the Foreman grill I’ve never used. I have leftover chicken from dinner last night so the pita & a salad makes a balanced dinner! The avocado is my new food for the week, I’ve never tried it so we’ll see…..

My Mama ordered the WW At Home kit. I’m so proud of her & I’m looking forward to us supporting each other. Go Mama!

Michelle!!! Yay on the loss!! You are do so good! Keep doing what you’re doing! I’m so proud of you!

Since DF is working tonite, I’ll be on later. I have lots of posts to catch up on. Looking forward to it…..after my workout of course.

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 02-09-2009 at 03:32 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #10  
Excited to try WW again

Thanks for the welcome!

ChefsGirl, working out REALLY helps. I didn't make the time for it before, but it's really helped me stay good with my eating as well. Why waste that 30 min spent on the elliptical with chocolate?
Old 02-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Congrats on the loss Michelle,
Nancy, you will have to let us know what meal turns out the best!! DF does most of the cooking during the week so I can go to the gym after work. So I plan the menu and post it on the fridge so he knows what to cook. It works out great!!!!
Welcome Michelle, the more the merrier!!!
ChefsGirl, that pita sounds yummy and I love avocado, but I only eat it in sushi, make guacamole, or in fish tacos!!!!

Today has been a great OP day for me so far I tried the smart ones cheesy enchilada and I think it is one of the best ones I have ever had. Its nice and spicy!!! Im going straight to the gym after work, and we are having some pasta dinner tonight and salad, I figure if I just have a little of the pasta and a huge salad I will be fine.

I bought a box of Hershey's Sticks at Wally World this weekend. They are only 1 point a stick which is big enough for about 4 or 5 bites figure I can keep them on hand for when I get a chocolate craving.
IMNOTQUITINGTHISTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #12  
Wanda

S/C/G: 249/246/150

Height: 5 2

Well WI was today. I was hoping for a good loss this week being week 1 but I am only down 2lbs. I know 2 down is better than a gain. I had a bad ending to the week with being sick so I guess I should be happy!
Now to start the week right! I was back to work today....first 8hr shift since I broke my wrist. It went well but I am pretty tired and sore. Oh well at least I made it through! Tomorrow back on the treadmill and get those AP's in!! Plan dinners for the rest of the week! I am wanting to save my FP's for the weekend as we are going out to dinner for Valentines Day.
Well I am off to read for a bit then off to bed. Gotta get this house cleaned tomorrow! Night all!
babynurse91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Um….not so much on the avocado. The consistency was rather…….slimey.

Anna – what’s funny is that I thought I’d like it b/c I like it in sushi too. Apparently that’s the only place I like it. Maybe the one I have is too ripe or something.

Pita was yummy. Although it ended up being more of a pizza b/c I tried to put too much crap in it & had to spread it out.

Update on the exercise: I did it! It was like 60 degrees here so I arrived home from work to find my dog looking at me w/ his eyes saying “let’s go for a walk Mom. You can do it”. So I did. I walked him really far too! And my back only hurt a teensy bit so I’m pretty excited to be walking my dogs again.

Congrats on the 2 lb loss Wanda!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Ok good intentions went almost out the window but I am trying new recipes!

Tonight was stuffed fish...well it called for mushrooms (which I don't like) so I sub chopped shrimp, onion, garlic and celery.....wraped the tilipia in a custard dish, put rest in center with some s&p and 1/4 cup bread crumbs...baked drizzled some fresh lemon juice and hmmm it was good ate two of those suckers! for 7-8 pts total....the downfall I had to run errands after work and did not get to workout...and drank two glasses of wine which will cut into my flex stuff

Oh btw the fish with basil butter last night...wow awesome I will pass on the reciepe if you want the little bit of real butter can be sub. and the pharm cheese really made it awesome.

Tomorrow california bowls...so souped up brown rice, imitation crab and veggies is what it boils down too

Jill way to go at the gym!
baby I would take a 2 pound loss anyweek! I looked back at my log and for the entire month of jan I lost 1.5 pounds

imnot smart ones sound great for quick meals on the go I will have to check them out

btw did I mention I am having a serious choc craving????? and none to be had here in my ww house..poop lol
Old 02-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

You go Chefsgirl! I too got some exercise in tonight I did 30 minutes of my DVD. Good thing too cause I had some fries at lunch! My friend Ron and I are going walking on thursday night so I will get some APs in that day too. I'm so glad I found a walking buddy
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote