Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 08:41 AM   #16  

Karen B - hope the lunch went well and you're drinking lots of water! Thanks for the hugs and kind words.

Carla - OMG! A mouse in the house and your very own live mousetrap! You had me LOLing!

Pat - hope your mouth is better, let us know what the dentist discovers.

Michele - the cruise sounds like a wonderful time, and sooo romantic! I had one planned and paid for last year when my mother got sick and had to cancel. I'll cruise vicariously through you! Be sure to post a trip report.

Judy - hope you are doing well, missed you yesterday.

Well, when it rains it pours. My 15 year old standard poodle is doing very poorly and we have to make the decision to put him to sleep. It is so hard, and on top of everything else, I'm very depressed. On a good note, we have an appointment for marriage counseling on Monday. Also, I managed to eat minimum points yesterday, first time in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the hints. Weigh in today shows minus two pounds. Hope you all have a very good OP day.
Old 12-05-2001, 08:58 AM   #17  

Good Morning!

Karen-So sorry about your dog, when I was reading I looked over at my little TeddyBear and started crying. I really feel for you a pet is such a part of our lives, hard to say goodbye. That is great though about the couseling appointment and the 2 pounds. Keep up the good work with your points, it will be sooo worth it.

Pat-Hope your mouth is feeling better soon. What beautiful weather you are having, it is supposed to be in the high 60's here today, kind of putting a damper on the Christmas spirit though. Don't want a blizzard or anything, just feels weird shopping without even having to lug a jacket around, NOT that I am complaining.

Carla-I would not have been able to sleep either. Funny story though. The cake was chocolate with a cream frosting, which is still in the kitchen and I have not touched it since. Going in the trash tonight though if it is not gone! We leave for our cruise on January 12th.

Judy- I hope TOM is not getting the best of you.

Karen-I hope you enjoyed your lunch.

THings are pretty good here. Painters are still busy working to finish by the weekend, looking good. The carpet should be in by next Tuesday and hopefully installed next week. What a difference though, I went from all white to an oatmeal in living room and grey in kitchen, I think I am really going to like it. Putting up new curtains tonight and then putting furniture back in living room. Can't stand to wait until carpet so will have to take everything out again next week. With all the $$ we are spending it is a good thing I finally got Steve to agree not to exchange presents this year. Having my house done will be the best present anyway. Between that and the cruise we will be broke by January.

On a different note, my bosses girlfriend is still in CA and I think when she gets back tom. night he is going to finally end it with her. (Since he is openly seeing someone else now) I hope this will end the stress at work, but with my luck it will just increase 100%.

Have a great day!
Old 12-05-2001, 12:04 PM   #18  

Michele, thanks. My dog Ubu has lived a long, good life. He has lived 4 years longer than the average life span, and for that we are thankful. We have been reminiscing this morning about the good times, the "highlights" of Ubu's life with us. In a strange way, Ubu's death is bringing us closer together. My wish for your TeddyBear is may he live as long and healthy and happy a life as Ubu.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:25 PM   #19  
Canadian, eh?

Karen C - My heart is with you. It's such a heartbreak losing a beloved companion. My dogs mean everything to me. May your beloved Ubu rest in peace.

Karen B
Old 12-05-2001, 01:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Pat - Sorry to hear that your mouth is bothering you. Let us know what the dentist says. How's your weather today? We're just a bit cooler - in the 50s - but its a nice sunny day.

Karen C. - I'm so sorry to hear about Ubu. Our kitties have been with us for 15 years and I know that when its time for them to leave us, it will be devestating. I'm glad you were able to get in your minimum points yesterday. That's a great loss you saw on the scale; I just wish you didn't have to come by it in such a difficult way.

Michele - I wouldn't be able to co-exist peacefully with that cake. I congratulate you on your willpower. Your redecorating sounds nice. Nothing like a new paint job and new carpeting to freshen up a room.

to Karen B and Judy and Jennifa.

As expected, I was up at weigh-in this morning by the three pounds of water weight that I've been dealing with. At least TOM has started, so hopefully all this retention will be gone soon. Hopefully it will take the cramps with it. My victory for today: I didn't bring lunch with me and was contemplating Chinese food or something else equallly fat-laden, but had oatmeal instead. Score one for me.

Have a great day everyone.

266/265(sigh)/140
Old 12-05-2001, 02:48 PM   #21  
cookies are for browsers

hi all,

cece, hang in there. you will lose the weight, I know it! And I think it's great, your kitty loves you so much he went hunting for you! Good boy!

Phoinix, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Know that he is full of love for you for giving him all the blessings during his life and keep that happiness with you always as a "good love" charm.

Garon, you are changing so much in your life! Good job! Hang in there with the boss situation, it looks like it's getting better already.

Pepper, hope your teeth feel better soon!

Hi Judy, how are you doing? Karen B, hope the weather gets better. It's cold here too so I am getting my indoor gym (!) spiffy so I can use it daily. It's mostly yoga stuff and my exercise bike, but I am adding things like a toning wheel (man does that work fast) and a stick for arm exercises. I am even getting a really cushy seat for that exercise bike! I saw a weight stick; it's like a long cylinder, almost like a baseball bat, but it's a weight! Pretty groovy! Ah, the things we can do with square footage, and it's cheaper than furnishing the room! I wish I could install mirrors, ballet bar, padded floor, ropes, disco ball, etc. so I can go hogwild minus the hog!

Hi also to everyone I may have missed, gotta get back to work, but had to post and say that the workouts are finally working!

Jennifa
Old 12-05-2001, 03:16 PM   #22  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Didn't really have much time to post this morning, but now the household chores are done, I've trudged along for 45 minutes on the treadmill, and I have time to sit and visit for a few minutes.

Jennifa - three cheers for your gym! What's a toning wheel?? And definitey good planning getting a cushy bike seat...I think that's why I hated my bike so much...way too uncomfy! Keep at it...I know the only reason the scale (I know you hate scales!) is shifting for me is coz I've finally realized that "dieting" alone ain't gonna do it for me.

Carla - good for you for shunning all those temptations at lunch. Oatmeal's not terribly exciting but at least it's satisfying! Those pesky water pounds will be gone next week...you'll have a great weigh in then.

Michele - the house sounds great. What a difference you'll see. Your workplace sounds like a soap opera! Hopefully things will settle down there!

Pat - hope your mouth feels better. I was at the dentist yesterday, but only for a clean and check up. I wasn't too impressed with the watermelon flavored fluoride treatment though!

Judy - hope your day is going well. Miss you.

See you tomorrow!

Karen B
Old 12-05-2001, 03:20 PM   #23  

Karen-my son and I were at dentist last week and had cotton candy flavored treatment, YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boss is here and things are getting interesting, I will let you know more later.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:29 PM   #24  

Default Phew!

Please forgive me for being absent yesterday - I was uptown at meetings all day yesterday and this is the first I've had a chance to get back. I've missed you all.

Carla - LOL about finding an easier way to make a living. Yes, please pass the info along if you find it. Both Tony and I would be interested! I know it was somewhat traumatic for you but reading your post about Luigi and the mouse had me ROTFLOL! I took care of a cat when I was in college that once came back with a dead bird - he was just so proud of himself and you could tell he was just dying to lay that poor thing at my feet - it was next to impossible to keep him out of the house! Hang in there honey - you KNOW it's water. Same as mine on Saturday and my sneak peeks are showing it gone. Big congrats on not giving into the Chinese craving!

Karen C - Here's some more {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} for you. It certainly is a rough time for you. I hope the counseling helps. One thing my leader from years ago (when my first husband up and left) said may help you - when it seems that life is spinning out of control, it can help to have control over one small thing. Maybe that's points; maybe that's water, maybe that's exercise. If not, don't stress it. If his words are helpful great - if not, no biggie. Just know that we're here for you. Aw gee, Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about Ubu. You are having such a rough time. I know how hard it is to lose a pet - just like a member of the family. I still get very teary when I think of my two kitties in heaven. I'm glad to hear that you have the appt on Monday. Congrats on the two pounds - glad to hear that you ate the minimum! Ditto on what Carla said about wishing you didn't have to come by it in such a difficult way.

Pat - Yes, I did get to that yoga tape and it did help. I plan on doing it again today! Gee, I know what you mean about those "strange days" - I think I've have one or two of them! Did you take tons of pictures of Laura? That must be so sweet and a little misty too to see her going to her first formal. I hope your mouth feels better soon. I have some dental work that's going to have to get done next week - it hasn't stopped me from snacking though ;-)

Jennifa - your workout room sounds wonderful. It the "stick" a fitness bar? I sure miss using mine and using my weights.

Karen B - Sloggy slush! It's in the high 60's here - really bizarre weather for December! Sorry to hear about the baking nibbling - I know you are guzzling that water today to get rid of the sodium. I just love sushi though - it's worth the temporary water gain. Hey - I've missed you too!

Michele - LOL about the girl that Bobby likes - that's just too cute! Yoga is a slightly different kind of "feel great" afterwards. It can be strenuous depending on the type of yoga you do - even I sweat sometimes and I don't do "power yoga". The thing is that it is very relaxing and very calming. It took me a few minutes to let go of all the work stuff in my brain on Monday but I finally did. I have gotten very "tight" since I stopped doing it so I decided to concentrate on it for this week. I think I'll try to force myself to get onto the bike tomorrow. You are doing great - my advice on keeping it up is dealing with it one day at a time. The cruise stuff sounds super. Way to go on checking out the workout possibilities. At the very least, I'm sure a brisk walk on deck will work up a sweat. I hope work stays less stressed!

So work is absolutely, positively nuts these days. Never mind the new people & systems supposed to report to me in January - it's a fact now even though I was trying to avoid the extra load during the holidays. Still, I somehow managed to get through yesterday (all day meetings uptown - no breaks) without snacking my head off. Today is also busy but I had to get to PT so I'm working from home. You know it's nuts when I don't get here until the afternoon (it's usually the first thing in the morning). My sneak peeks have been good - I think the worst of TOM is over. Now I just have to keep on keeping on - I want to see a good loss on Saturday. I'm planning on another short round of yoga after work - it's really good to bring down my stress level.

Judy
Old 12-05-2001, 11:45 PM   #25  

Karen C - So sorry about your Ubu. It is so hard to say goodbye to a pet. On the other hand, good job getting in your minimum points and losing 2 lbs.

Michele - I know what you mean about Christmas shopping in this warm weather. I'm having a hard time getting in the mood this year. It just doesn't seem like the holidays. Great job not getting into the cake. Did you throw it out?

Carla - Yea!!! Good job skipping that Chinese food for lunch.

Jennifa - Glad to hear the workouts are working. Way to go getting ready for indoor exercising. Sounds like you will have a variety of things to keep you from getting too bored.

Karen B - Good for you for getting in the exercise. I need to get back to it. I know I lost a lot better when I did both.

Judy - Sorry things have gotten so busy for you at work. Good job not snacking your way through the day. Would you believe I didn't get any pictures of Laura yet. The girl that was supposed to do her hair didn't get to our house until five minutes before we were supposed to leave to pick up Laura's date and another girl. I had forgotten that Sara has my camera at the dorm and Laura was extremely stressed out and in too big of a hurry to get her camera out. Laura's date's mom took a couple of pictures of them when we got to his house and she is supposed to send me copies. Also my niece and some of Laura's friends had cameras at the dance and promised to give us copies. I'm sure I'll have some soon.

I am happy to report that I had a 2 lb loss this week. It feels good to be going in the right direction again. I was able to get in to the dentist this morning and he found a small piece of an old filling had broken off and food was making its way under the filling. He was able to fix it and it seems to have solved the problem.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 12-06-2001, 08:03 AM   #26  

Pat - Congratulations on those 2 pounds gone! I'm glad to hear that your dentist was able to solve the problem. That's a shame about the pictures of Laura but hopefully between her date's mom and the other girls, you'll have some to remember the evening.

I had a good day yesterday. I did a short yoga tape after work that helped with another stressful day (although it wasn't as bad as Tuesday). I managed to bank a couple of points and have a good number left for breakfast and lunch. I'm going to try to get on the bike today (blech!) and work up a bit of a sweat.

Judy
Old 12-06-2001, 08:18 AM   #27  

Thanks everyone for your kind words about Ubu. Yes, he is part of the family and I'm so glad you understand. We still haven't made the decision but we know it has to be soon.

Jennifa - what a great exercise room! I'm sure it will be well used.

Judy - hope today is even less stressful.

Pat - congratulations on the loss. Glad your mouth is feeling better.

Carla - Good for you eating oatmeal. I'm glad you're not letting the temporary water weight get you down, it won't last long.

I had a good OP day yesterday. Actually ate more than minimum points, but could have made better choices. I'm going to work on that today.
Old 12-06-2001, 08:46 AM   #28  

Good Morning!

Judy-Great Job! Banking and exercise, way to go!

Karen-Good job with eating minimum, I had the same problem last night, just made minimum, but only because I had 2 beers while ironing curtains. Shame on me So sorry about Ubu, wish there were magical words, but I know there are none.

Pat-That darned cake is still in house, and probably would have been a better choice than those beers last night. Glad your mouth is feeling better. Hope you get some good pictures. Great Loss, congrats!

As I said last night was not the best, I had 15 points left for the day and forced myself to eat last night and used the last few points (just to get to minimum) on Beer, what was I thinking??????? I don't know I am chugging water as I type, to flush out the evil alcohol. Funny though, I never used to feel tipsy after only 2 beers and I feel kind of crappy today, so I hope I can now remember this feeling next time I think "Wow, wouldn't a beer taste good right now" Such wasted points too. Lesson to self! On a happier note, curtains are up and living room back together and looks pretty good, even husband had to finally agree, he was a little nervous about color change.

Everyone, have a great OP day. Lets all drink our water, eat our minimum and move our bodies even just a little today.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:02 AM   #29  

Karen - I'm glad to hear you were able to eat at minimum yesterday. Don't stress that you could have made better choices - one step at a time.

Michele - Sorry to hear that the beers made you feel yucky this morning. I'm just curious as to why you just made minimum (because it's such a rare event for me) - were you just crazy busy with getting the living room back together? Yes, guzzling that water is the best thing to do - alcohol gets you dehydrated.

I think the yoga last night put a strain on my shoulder because it's bothering me quite a bit today. I think I have to be more careful and do a different tape next time (I can't do downward facing dog pose). I didn't take the anti-inflammatory yesterday and I was OK but I think I'm taking one this morning, Back to work.....
Old 12-06-2001, 09:13 AM   #30  

Judy-I am not sure what is going on with me this week. I have been at minimum or under this week. Finding myself not hungry. Yest. I had a 3 point breakfast and 2 point lunch. (Egg drop soup, low sodium version) I know with working out this is going to screw me up, so I plan on eating a little extra today, maybe I will treat myself to lunch. I have 2 holiday parties to contend with this weekend so a little banked is not a bad thing. I know though, if I keep this up I won't lose anything. That will be my little challenge, to eat a little more of my points. I think I need to spice up a little as far as fruits and veggies go, don't eat much of that at all. Another little challenge, I could go on forever..........
Closed Thread