Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 05:22 PM   #16  

Carla - way to go on walking 19 blocks! I know what you mean. Now that I'm back to almost normal exercise wise (aerobics but not strength), I'm so glad to be moving again. Call me crazy but I love to work up a good sweat - I feel great afterwards. Less tense, less stressed and proud of myself. I worked out during my break today (the new programs I run on Thursdays take me past lunch) and had a blast - I did a combination of parts of a couple of step tapes.

You know, I hope to have the same experience tonight but putting down the second half of the Kit Kat wasn't that hard. I thought about eating the second half right away, and I knew that if I did, I could probably have another and still work out the points (since I started counting at dinner). Maybe it was knowing that I could have another made it easy to save the second half. It's hard to explain - it's definitely a mind game. I was thinking about you - when is your most dangerous snack time? Maybe you can start counting at the meal just before that - if mid-afternoon is the dangerous time, start counting points at lunch.

Judy
Old 10-18-2001, 06:00 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Judy - Mind game or not, if it works, go with it. I do understand what you mean. When we get into a "I can't have that" mindset, that's when we run into trouble. When we have a "I choose not to have that" mindset, we feel empowered. Same kind of thing, I think. My most dangerous time for snacking is definitely the afternoon. I've trained myself not to want a mid-morning snack, but the afternoon can be up for grabs. So I will definitely give some thought to starting to count my points at lunch.

Carla
Old 10-18-2001, 11:24 PM   #18  

Judy - Great job handling the Kit Kat bar. I think it's a good idea to work one in each evening, but don't let the rest of them out of the basement! I did enjoy the walk. We've been having some great fall days since it stopped raining.

Carla - Great job getting in the walk to the restaurant. My boss was still in the office when I got in this morning so he put the kitten in his room in the basement. How about Wednesday for tape day next week. I'm afraid I'll forget about it on Monday since I'm not on line on the weekends. That will give me Monday and Tuesday to start getting up earlier. (I overslept today and got up 10 min before Laura's friends came for me to take them to school!)

I ate at max points today so I didn't cut into the deficit, but at least I didn't go further into the hole. I ate a low point dinner so hopefully I can shave some off tomorrow. I did get out for another walk tonight.

Pat
Old 10-19-2001, 10:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default It's Friday!!!

Hi everyone.

Pat - You're on for Wednesday. Glad to hear that you were kitten-less yesterday.

My eating was so-so yesterday. But I did get another walk in! I walked home from the train station yesterday evening. Not a long walk, but movement anyways. No particular challenges this weekend, other than it is a weekend and those are always a bit harder.

Have a great day, and in case I don't get back in, a terrific weekend.

Carla
Old 10-19-2001, 12:32 PM   #20  

Pat - great job on the walking! Way to go on not going over on points. Oh no, those Kit Kat bars are not getting out of the basement.

Carla - way to go on getting in another walk. It's good when there aren't any challenges on the weekend.

I did OK last night although I did snack a bit more than I would have liked. The Yankee game was a nailbiter for sure. It doesn't leave me many points for today but I think I'll manage to dip into my banked points by only 1/2 - 1 point. Tony did the deed last night - he went down to the basement and brought up two Kit Kats, one for him and one for me. I managed to eat it in two parts again and didn't want another one. I think I'll try tsupposed to be beautiful this weekend and I think I'll try another run/walk. No real challenges this weekend. I have to get some l.f. popcorn for the Yankee games though. I do plan on going to my meeting tomorrow morning - I hope to see a maintain - the sneak peeks don't seem to point to a loss. I'm going to try to stay away from anything salty today and hope for the best!

If I don't get a chance to check back in today, have a great weekend!

Judy
Old 10-26-2001, 08:00 AM   #21  

I had a good day yesterday although I forgot to do my yoga tape. I hope to do a step tape today after work. I snacked a bit last night but I think I should be able to come in at max after lunch. Even if I do go over a couple of points, I have them in the bank - and I think I want to dip into them a little bit (I have 8 activity points).

There is certainly a chill in the air this morning. I like this weather but I have to admit that I am not looking forward to setting the clocks back this weekend. The extra hour's sleep is nice on Sunday but then it's going to be getting dark so late.

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 10-26-2001, 08:59 AM   #22  

Hi Everyone, Please forgive me for not responding to each of you, but it's been busy around here lately. Thanks for all the tips and support, it gives me hope that I can make it through vacation without gaining. It's turned cold here in north Florida and the forecast is for 30's this weekend. We get a lot of homeless people in the winter and the news last night reported that the shelters are out of coats and blankets, so I'm going through all the closets today and making a run into town later. Have a great weekend!
Closed Thread