Old 01-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #16  

sk8rbug - I'm glad you got a good "wneak peek" - It does help to see results quickly. I echo what Carla said about the scale fluctuating so much and not letting it frustrate you.

Carla - Congratulations on that great loss - see it's a new year and a new start. While I'm not poo-pooing Christmas miracles, I do believe that even though we've slipped, gone off, etc., we *have* started learning new, better, healthier habits that we follow even when we don't thinik we are! I'm rooting for your doctor to go into shock when you see him at the end of next month - and I want to see you get off those meds, too! We can do it girlfriend - you knkow we can!

Karen!!!! Happy New Year! It's so good to "see" you! Glad to hear that you have stocked up the house with good things. Do you want a kick in the butt? If so, please read on - if not, ignore me. I decided last year that I was tired of the same ol' things - the weight and how it made me feel physically (like my knees), the feeling like I was a failure again (not losing the weight) and self-esteem wise (how I felt when I looked in the mirror.) The prospect of turning 50 this year and feeling the same and looking the same as the last 8 or 10 years finally got to me. I decided that I wanted to feel better as I got older or at least as good as possible and that it was up to me to do it. Old. bad habits are hard to change. I LOVE eating; I love eating chocolate, bread and butter, cheese, etc.,in large quantities and I'm also an emotional eater, and so every time I'd make some progress, I'd slip back into my old ways thinking that somehow I'd still get to where I wanted to be without changing my old habits. The thing that's worked for me so far this time is finally learning from my experiences over the last however many years and accepting the fact that I have to change (and I know exactly what I need to do - I think we all do) if I want to get what I want which is to finally lose the weight, be the healthiest and can be and feel better. Sure, I slip up still but I do it less because I keeping asking myself if what I'm doing is going to get me what I want. So, what do you want? Is what you've been doing getting you there? If not, what are you going to do about it?? OK, rant over.

I had a good weigh in today - I lost one pound of the 1.8 I gained over the holidays, which is a gift considering I had acouple of bad nights this week -both emotional in nature (one of which was dental work and feeling sorry for myself.). I realized that I have about 11 weeks to my 50th birthday and that it's time to buckle down and lose the rest. I don't know the exact number of my goal weight yet but 10 or 11 pounds is about where I think I want it to be (or at least what I'm going to tell WW) so there's my challenge. I was flipping through the new WW magazine that came yesterday and decided I'm going to try the walking plan they have in there. It's seems doable - if I do more cardio than that great - if not it should at least help the weight loss in addition to the yoga and PT I've been doing pretty regularly (more regularly with the yoga than the PT). Today I plan on the first walk (pretty short) outside because it is a bizarre 70 degrees here today! The weather has been truly ridiculously warm - NOAA says it's El Nino and not global warming. I hope so. My bulbs are coming up, there are robins in the backyard and some of our trees seem to have buds! I decided I may as well take advantage of it. I'm going to go do that now because I am fighting off a cold, losing energy and if I wait any longer, I won't go anywhere!

Have a great one!
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Judy - Congrats on your loss. Your kick stopped at my butt before it reached Karens. You speak the truth. It's warm here too, although not as warm as by you. It's been a very strange winter, weather-wise. We've had a couple of very, very cold days, but for the most part it's been really mild. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hope you enjoy your walk!
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #18  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Well girls....I read through all the posts here Hi I am Kelly and I just started WW at home (teehee-to the newbies welcome...I am a newbie myself well, kindof) to the "wagoneers" those of you who have stayed on and prospered or at least stayed accountable-unlike me- hi ya'll remember me? How many times have I been back this last year? Well, I think this is like time 15 or 16. OR in my own head...THE LAST TIME. I am sick of the weight and sick of being fat. My family needs this (I NEED IT THE MOST) but we are going to be a healthier family. I need this...my sanity needs it. I have resloved to do this to be a better wife, better mother and a better person. I just wanted to say hi to everyone and weigh in. I have stuck to my points today and am doing well. Even looking forward to a little snack here in a min. Good day girlys!
kellyjoiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #19  

Carla - I'm glad the kick stopped in a place where maybe it can help. After I posted I started thinking that maybe I ranted a bit too much. I did enjoy the walk and even had Tony's company. Today I'm going into the city for the ballet so I don't know if I'll get a walk in. Maybe I can get on the treadmill a few hours after dinner. If not, I'll call it my rest day and pick up again tomorrow. Today is going to be in the 50's and it's supposed to be more winter-like inthe middle of the week and then warm up again!

KellyJo - of course I remember you and I'm thrilled to have you back on our little wagon here. Yup, this is the year for all of us - I can feel it!

I did OK yesterday. We had a hyigh point kind of dinner - Tony got a real deal on a couple of small ribeyes and he cooked them on the grill - yum! I'm not a huge red meat fan but ribeyes are definitely tasty - high point too. I counted the points and found a new (old) snack that really satisfied me and filled me up. Someone at my meeting talked about the really, really old WW recipe for baked apple. Core it, sprinkle some cinammon inside and pour in a little diet soda (the original recipe was diet cherry soda); she said she used diet cream soda (which I love and have in the house). She also said she microwaved it for a few minutes instead of baking it. Well, I tried it last night and it was yummy! I'm going to nuke a few more before I leave (I hope) so I can have one for dessert tonight - and one for Tony too!

Have a great Sunday,
Judy
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:07 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 222/215.4/200

Height: 6'0

Hello everyone...I am completely new to the forum here but not new to WL. I posted my intro on the introduction board so I won't bore you with my details.

I did restart WW Flex pts a week ago this past Friday...I can't believe I made it thru New Years Eve having a healthy meal instead of the junk blow out like we usually did. lol

I had a rocky first week...I lost, gained and lost lol. I had a 4lb loss but then I went to my bowling league on Wed. and I didn't stay strong. My little binge cost me some of my loss. I got back into my game and held on to a 2.6 lb loss for the week.

I am already seeing a great loss that I plan to hold onto for next weeks weigh in. lol I am doing WW's at home no meetings..I just can't afford the extra cost. I would rather put it into healthy shopping instead.

I really look forward to getting to know you all better.
Have a terrific LOSER week!
Mels4Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:42 PM   #21  
In Training

S/C/G: 175/170/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm starting Flex WW @ Home on my own tomorrow. Since I work from home it's hard for me to make it to meetings so I decided to do it on my own this time and not re-up w/our local leader. I'm ready to roll!!
myramoo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:57 PM   #22  
wannabethinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by myramoo77 View Post
I'm starting Flex WW @ Home on my own tomorrow. Since I work from home it's hard for me to make it to meetings so I decided to do it on my own this time and not re-up w/our local leader. I'm ready to roll!!
I wish you the best on your journey. I hope to be reading your entries. I just ordered the @home kit and hope to get it soon!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote