WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM   #1  

Default Tastefully Simple Party...HELP!!!!!

I was invited to a tastefully simple party. I agreed to go. I had not one clue what it was. So I checked online....well duh it's food. Has anyone every attended a party of this sort? Do they offer samples? My mom hosts "At Home" parties and they always have products to examine and candles to smell and such, as do tupperware, pampered chef, home interiors. So I would guess that Tastefully Simple has food.

How would you handle this? Save points, how many will I need? Or just not try the stuff, which would be rude I think.

HELP!!!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #2  
Another Tammy

Tastefully Simple does mixes, dips, sauces, soups and such. Really, really good stuff. I've been to a ton of these parties. Basically, whoever is having the party and the presenter makes a bunch of the foods/dips and they get passed around for sampling. At the party, much of the stuff is served on/with their (really yummy) beer bread or crackers. After the presentation, the foods are then put in the kitchen (or whereever) and they become your munchies for the rest of the party.

As for what I would do for points... yeesh. That's a toughie because I'll be honest with ya, that food is very hard to resist. As for me, I think I'd try to stay as low in points as I can the day of/prior to the party and allow myself to use flex points, if necessary, without feeling guilty. Basically- plan ahead. It also depends on how much will power/restraint you have. I don't have much. You'll be having a lot of 1-2 bite sized samples during the party so each won't really be too many points. Just remember those little bites can add up more quickly than we like!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:50 PM   #3  
Another Tammy

Great news! Well, maybe not great because it may not be what you want to know, but... helpful news! The Tastefully Simple site has a pdf file of their nutritional info. I just went in and click one of the foods and saw that it does provide the info. When you click on "nutritional info" under a food, it pulls up a pdf of the info for all their products! As I said, it may be something we don't acutally WANT to know but at least you can accurately figure out what you've eaten.

Here's the link...
http://media.tastefullysimple.com/TS...nformation.pdf
Old 05-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #4  

THANKS!!!!!!!!

We got there a bit late. SO everything was already out...the party was very informal since all teh aldies except us sell the stuff LOL. So I had teeny tiny samples, not enough to count for a point, so total I had maybe 3- points. I could of had more, but it wasn't worth it to me. I had a big retirment dinner to go to the next day and needed thos eflex points. I did order some of teh seasoned salt and of cours ebeer bread LOL. Thanks again fo rteh infor!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #5  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Ask the host if she would mind if you brought a veggie tray along with you. Even if she already has some veggies, you can bring yours and munch all night long!
Closed Thread